Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

who will play alongside Ashton Against Luton?

who will worthy choose to play alongside Ashton on Saturday? Although Hendo is probably playing best since championship winning season, I still can''t see him reproducing the form he showed when scoring 2 crackers against Millwall that season. He''s not scored regulary for the reserves either. In fact since crow went no one has. IMO I''d have Thorne starting - he must be fit by now. He''s been a natural goalscorer thru his career, but worthy playing him on the right wing against S.wednesday wouldn''t have done his confidence much good. Thorne just needs a chance now to show what he can do for us. With the right personell starting in the right positions we should see off Luton.

i''d say definitely give a thorne a go, but doubt worthy will risk him,

i bet hucks starts up front, worthy loves them him and ashton so dont expect anything different

For me it should be WLY, definitely must not be hux but will (probably) be Hendo.

OTBC

Hopefully it will be henderson,

who i must has has looked very promosing in the games ive seen him play UP-FRONT. Thorne and Ashton are too similar to really play with each other in my opinion, you need someone like henderson who runs and plays off ashton to play the game that way, and in the games he has played henderson has been that player

I too hope that its Henderson, but i really wouldnt bet on it. If worthy plays Hucks up front with Ashton in a 4-4-2, then that is the very end for worthy, imo.

[quote user="essexcanary"]

i''d say definitely give a thorne a go, but doubt worthy will risk him,

i bet hucks starts up front, worthy loves them him and ashton so dont expect anything different

[/quote]

I thought worthy wouldn''t risk thorne? It worked well today, and i no most people are going to think i only said that because we won, but for the first half, untill we went 2-0 up it worked after that i think we sat back to mush which didn''t help thorne and ashton

[B][quote user="JP hucks06"]I too hope that its Henderson, but i really wouldnt bet on it. If worthy plays Hucks up front with Ashton in a 4-4-2, then that is the very end for worthy, imo.[/quote]

Would you still say that  after yesterdays display from Hucks ?    ....   maybe ZLF and Essex  might just  ease off on the  " Oh no ,  Hucks and Ashton will never work ! "    mantra .

Of course it`ll work !     I`ve said so many times ,  you put that man anywhere near the box , and the defenders  s**t  bricks !    Ashtons flick was  top class  , but it was the pace of Hucks  that  did the trick ...  speaking of which   , judging  from  yesterdays performance , could he have been carrying a niggling injury ?

I`ve always been in favour of   at least three strikers   up front  ,  and , for my shekels , this HAS to be Ashton , Hucks , and Thorney  !     with our midfield and defence   more solid now   ,  that trio  will make goals !    ....[;)]

[quote user="JP hucks06"] but it was the pace of Hucks 

that  did the trick ...  speaking of which   ,

judging  from  yesterdays performance , could he have been

carrying a niggling injury ?

I`ve always been in favour of   at least three

strikers   up front  ,  and , for my shekels , this

HAS to be Ashton , Hucks , and Thorney  !    

with our midfield and defence   more solid now  

,  that trio  will make goals !    ....[;)]

[/quote]

I''ve said on here that I think Hucks has been short of usual pace,

especially against s. wed - perhaps it''s taken a while for the ankle

knock he got against northampton to clear up, the 2 week break maybe

helped. but whatever, he looked quick again yesterday. Agree the

personnel up front, but imo 4-4-2 suits us best