Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Keep it in perspective

I haven''t yet become a ''Worthy Out'' man, although I wish he had some media training as he comes across poorly at times, but as for the players it amazes me just how quickly some of them can go from zero to hero in the eyes of supporters.

New signings aside let''s see our players perform consistently before we unleash the overblown praise.

Yesterday was okay, no more, infact I think we''ve played much better at home this season without taking our chances in some matches: such as Reading.

The side looked better balanced, perhaps Hughes can be the answer on the right. Does anyone know where Reading played him as I remember Coppell saying something about never having played him in the middle.

Safri is plainly not yet fit but is too important to leave out. On this basis he might lurch from injury to injury.

Sorry to see Davenport go, we''ll have to see if Worthingtons charm offensive makes him want to come here permanently, but Doherty has outperformed him since he arrived and Shackell deserves another chance.

Huckerby benefitted from Etuhu''s Francis like prescence up the middle and faced less defenders as a result or with Etuhu running into the hole.

Thorne finally gave Ashton a strike partner. He won more balls in the air than Ashton who regularly mis-times his jumps. When Ashton got the ball to his feet he showed great awareness and control, he turned well and brought others into the game. He gave two assists for the goals. It is about time we stopped pumping the ball up onto his head.

I glad Worthy said he was conscious of this being yet another false dawn. Our players have got a great deal to prove and it will take a lot more than what we saw yesterday when a second half goal for Luton would have left Norwich hanging on for a result.