Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

11:15 Kick off Vs the Scum!

Are you having a laugh??  11:15??  Midday, fair enough but 11:15 is pathetic.  The players will have to have a big bowl of pasta about 9 in the morning!!

Also, it''s an early start for exiles travelling to the game.  Unbelievable

Thats the Norfolk plod for you-doesn''t seem to be any problems with Man Utd, Liverpool etc kicking off TV games at 12, 12:30pm, or even 1pm-obviously they are not so able to handle big crowds as the other forces.

Even the TV Portsmouth-Southampton game last season (which does tend to make us against Ipswich look a bit handbags!) was a later kick off for TV.

As if people are going to say "...oh dear, 11:15am kick off, I cannot possibly have a drink before the game now, thats just impossible..."

its not the police its sky but even so its a sad state of affairs when norfolk police cannot control fans with a later kick off with all the cameras etc

[quote]Are you having a laugh?? 11:15?? Midday, fair enough but 11:15 is pathetic. The players will have to have a big bowl of pasta about 9 in the morning!! Also, it''s an early start for exiles travelli...[/quote]

What, instead of their boiled eggs and soldiers ?

Never mind...not long now to Sky lose their exclusive hold over football and then hopefully this kind of nonsense will be a thing of the past

[quote user="Making Plans for Nigel"]

[quote]Are you having a laugh?? 11:15?? Midday, fair enough but 11:15 is pathetic. The players will have to have a big bowl of pasta about 9 in the morning!! Also, it''s an early start for exiles travelli...[/quote]

What, instead of their boiled eggs and soldiers ?[/quote]

Worthy once said at the Open Day that they have omelettes, so I guess they won''t notice how early it is! 

When did TV (Sky or otherwise) ever consider the needs or wants of mere fans?  It''s all about advertising revenue isn''t it - except the BBC I suppose.  Sky have made things worse over the past few years and seem to forget all clubs don''t come from London or Manchester. 

I don''t blame them for not featuring us before now as it has been too awful to watch - but 11.15 is quite early, doesn''t bother me personally, but a lot of fans, from both teams will be travelling from distant parts. 

I do have Sky and to date only a handful of games I have watched this season featured full grounds.  Wonder why that is?  No, the day of supporters who actually go to the games being of any importance whatsoever is long gone in the eyes of broadcasting.

As the Wizard has said on another thread, this new design for the message board is hideous. Anyway I digress. I wonder if this crazy early kick off time will affect the attendance for City v Scum. Certainly we could find latecomers making their way to their seats throughout the 1st half. Particularly those Canaries who have to drive half way across the country to reach Carrow Road. I may now give the game a miss and watch it in a pub somewhere instead. I hate Sunday matches anyway, but Sunday at 11.15!!

i work sundays (shift work! yuck!).. i will finish about 10 am the day of the ipswich game, i have to get home, get changed, get out again and get to Carrow Road in  little over an hour.. I walk to the ground and its a 30 minute treck from where i live!

This is just laughable i think. in Spain and Turkey games kick off at midnight or 1 am.. i can see that happening here.. 24 hour footy just to keep Sky happy! i hope they lose those TV packages!.

Last season i had a mate, whos an Everton fan, come down for the game. he had to leave at 3 am to get here for a midday kick off.. surely Sky should use some common sense and re- arrange games with at leasta  100 mile travelling distance, some London games etc.. they could easily set off at 8 am to get here for midday.. no early morning jaunts, and late night arrivals home.. u miss most of the day just to put money in Rupert Murdochs pocket! the only rreason Sky have these stupid kick off times is to put people off going so they stay at home and watch it and line Sky''s pockets even more!

Im not a fan of sky or Cable... why pay monthly for it when most of the channels have commercials that pay for them any way?

jas :)