Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Proud of yourselves?.

This is for the ''keep the faith'' horde, who having deluded themselves into thinking the recent Pink Un poll, was really a vote of confidence in Worthy, can now rejoice in the latest news today that we may now be losing Ashton and Green to Everton in January.

And all because of our dismal season.

To the Dicky''s and Herds of this world I say ''are you proud of yourselves''?.

Through your continued and irrational support of an inept manager and board, we now face losing our best assets, really clever chaps.

Through your continued support of a majority shareholder who lost the plot against Manchester City ages ago, you''ve excelled yourselves!.

''One day we''ll hammer someone'' you keep saying like a cracked record, yeah right.

Your only defence is to give our posts a low rating if they''re anti your view, or call us binners, and even more ridiculous, advise us to go watch Chelsea.

Because of you and the rose tinted world you live in, we, the majority of the realistic supporters, have to suffer the humiliation of this God awful season on your behalf.

Keep the faith?.

Thanks a bunch!.

The thought of losing Ashton, in particular is agonising. It takes me back to Reeves, Fashanu, Sutton etc. We will probably never again sign such a talented player.

[quote]This is for the ''keep the faith'' horde, who having deluded themselves into thinking the recent Pink Un poll, was really a vote of confidence in Worthy, can now rejoice in the latest news today that we...[/quote]

Thanks for proving my point with the low rating, at least have the guts to name yourself.

This pink un rating lark has now become a compleat joke on here, I could if I had wanted to, voted 5 stars for myself, ludicrous!.

Are you saying it is my fault that our best players may move to a higher league and earn more money and greater international recognition? Or were you saying it was Delia''s fault.  You didn''t mention Fleming surely he is to blame for our recent run.

I will remember to apologise next time Huckerby falls over or shoots into the top tier or Colin stands the wrong side of a Wolves player or Drury runs backwards for 30 yards.

I am losing faith in Worthington, but I am also losing faith in 90% of the players we own.  You should be abit more liberal with with your wrath.

A fair and balanced post there Wiz, the current malise is actually the fault of those who have thought supporting Worthy is the right thing to do. How strange when most rational humans would believe it''s down to the players and management. If only the supporters really had that much power to keep or sack managers. Not that you have an axe to grind against anyone that doesn''t agree with you of course.

im going to cry.....the thought of losing green or ashton on top of such an awful season. sometimes i wish i didnt care. anyone got any positive news or thoughts? please?

Top post Wizard!

Anyone who still thinks we can turn things round under this current set up needs to book themselves a place in the nearest funny farm

I agree - you reap what you sew and unfortunately the vast majority of our fans are either too nice or too polite and have allowed the board and the management to get away with things for far too long this season. Deano will go in January and frankly i don''t blame him as we have virtually ruined him as a player in the last few months.

whats it got to do with the manager. If we had Wenger in charge and were in 3rd place in the league we''d still have these rumours in the run up to xmas.

its not surprising really, a bit like the tone of this thread

Again, you''ve managed to turn a story into a war of words between posters, well done.

Stop ranting on will you, believe it or not there are more important things than this, this is just a back-handed way of saying ''I told you so'' isn''t it?  Support of Worthy isn''t irrational at all, he''s been here before & got us promoted before and as for having a pop at Delia, look at Hearts & Portsmouth, they''re  chairmen who have lost the plot.

I''m not happy this season either, but didn''t your recent medical scare put things into perspective for you?  A few years ago we nearly lost our daughter to Meningitis, that put my house in order.  This isn''t a pop at you Wiz, i''m just asking people to be a bit more tolerant.

[quote]This is for the ''keep the faith'' horde, who having deluded themselves into thinking the recent Pink Un poll, was really a vote of confidence in Worthy, can now rejoice in the latest news today that we...[/quote]

Or maybe we can blame the doom and gloom merchants for making the atmosphere around the club stink at the moment, maybe some players will find themselves thinking "What happened to the amazing supporters I heard about when I signed here?"

Your negativity brings nothing to the debate, you''re like a scratched record.

The performance of the team is what is stinking the place out at the moment. If they cant handle criticism .. tough. As for what they think of the supporters, who cares? So Jarrett Thorne Hughes and Louis Jean arent impressed with Norwich City Fans? WELL THATS BLOODY MUTUAL.

The irony is that if we do sack Worthy we''ll spend most of the transfer kitty paying him off, meaning we''ll need to sell Green or Ashton in order to recruit a new manager, his backroom staff and any players he would like to bring in

We wouldn''t need to sell Green or Ashton to pay the compensation, but selling a Thorne, Louis Jean or Jarrett might be needed. But that wouldn''t be a great loss would it?

[quote]The irony is that if we do sack Worthy we''ll spend most of the transfer kitty paying him off, meaning we''ll need to sell Green or Ashton in order to recruit a new manager, his backroom staff and any p...[/quote]

And in my opinion rieg, it would be worth every single bloody penny!.

[quote]And in my opinion rieg, it would be worth every single bloody penny!.[/quote]

Answer me one thing 1st Wiz.......

if we sacked Worhty, and Delia resigned along with the rest of the board, then Ashton, Green, Jarrett, Thorne, MLJ, Hughes were sold. what exactly would you find to moan about?

I can''t believe I am actually answering this but surely if Worthy went then these two are more likely to leave as they will have no loyalty to the new man I mean AShton signed twice for Worthy and Green was given his chance by Worthington plus  the new manager may also WANT to sell them to raise the funds to bring in this own players in

[quote]Thanks for proving my point with the low rating, at least have the guts to name yourself. This pink un rating lark has now become a compleat joke on here, I could if I had wanted to, voted 5 stars fo...[/quote]

Before I say anything about the topic of this post - can I just say I don''t decide to read a thread based on how many gold stars it has.  I read them all, if I get time.

Herb and Big A, I''m with you. Some on here are big on blame - doesn''t really matter who, if we lose a game, someone must hang - and if you dropped in on this forum and just read the titles of the threads you''d think that Norwich supporters were total neurotic idiots. BUT WE''RE NOT - we can have serious doubts over some aspects, some personnel, but we also appreciate the good things about the Club. We want our club to improve, but we believe that can be done without despicable personal abuse. We support our team, win or lose, provided only that the team shows the loyalty to the Club that we feel.

[quote]Or maybe we can blame the doom and gloom merchants for making the atmosphere around the club stink at the moment, maybe some players will find themselves thinking "What happened to the amazing support...[/quote]

well said herb how must the players feel and the manger mr worthington when all they reaD IS from posties like wiz sack worthless ,its smiths fault wake up you lot and get behind the team.

"well said herb how must the players feel and the manger mr worthington when all they reaD IS from posties like wiz sack worthless ,its smiths fault wake up you lot and get behind the team."

Well, King of Latvia,I don''t much care how the players feel when they read all these negative posts. I don''t suppose they care too much how WE feel having to watch the drivel they have served up this season. If they realise how strongly many people feel about their performances then that can only be a good thing. 

As for Worthington, I hope he does read this: get out now we''ve had enough of your long ball c***.

i just wonder who will, realistically, reckon we can make the playoffs come january???? and who ever says "palce did it" should look at 1 fact... they sacked steve Kember and appointed dowie.. they changed it when it needed it

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i just wonder who will, realistically, reckon we can make the playoffs come january???? and who ever says "palce did it" should look at 1 fact... they sacked steve Kember and appointed dowie.. they changed it when it needed it

jas :)

[/quote]

Well said jas, I couldn''t agree with you more mate.

Why oh why to people bother to respond to the posts of this idiot.  Anyone who has been on the board and read his posts before, will realise he is like a 5 year old who does things to get attention. 

A great supporter, who encourages people not to go to games (like him..) boo, moan etc.

I know (having 5 young kids!) that attention seeking like this is best dealt with by ignoring him. 

And before someone else points it out, I know I have responded.

To Wizard

You are talking absolute rubbish suggesting that we will have to sell Ashton and Green in January. Haven''t you followed what Roger Munby recently said in SATURDAY NOVEMBER 12TH 2005 pinkun. The question asked was

> Q If realistic and tempting offers were made for the club''s biggest assets, like Robert Green and Dean Ashton, in the january transfer market window, would the club be forced to sell? 

> A THE CLUB DOES NOT HAVE TO SELL ANY PLAYERS FOR FINANCIAL REASONS. If offers are made for any of our players, the board will listern to the recommendations of the manager before reaching any decision.

So basically from that should indicate to you and CITY supporters that it is highly unlikely that we will have to sell unless the bid is good enough. I can not see for the life of me anyway who would want ROBERT GREEN anyway in the first place because quite honestly GREEN has been crap. AND ISN''T GOOD ENOUGH TO BE THE ENGLAND NO 2. He''s made too many errors. Then there''s ASHTON well he may leave but i don''t think he will as he''s just signed a 4 year contract. If he does then he should get stick. BECAUSE I AM SICK OF PLAYERS SIGNING BLOODY CONTRACTS AND PISSING OFF. BECAUSE IF THIS IS TO KEEP HAPPENING WE SHOULD BIN CONTRACTS.

Onto your next point yes City haven''t been great but there''s still time to turn it around. With Etuhu now playing for us that''s a lifeline as hopefully he can be the next ''DAMIEN FRANCIS''.[:O]

On the board''s decision not to sack Worthington i agree. As it is too late into the season now plus it would cost the club alot of money and isn''t worth it. Also i think you should take into the consideration of how long it would take for the new manager to settle and enforce his ideas. I CAN''T EMPHAZISE THIS PART MORE "WE MUST BE TOGETHER IN THIS TOUGH TIME" i think that we should try to help Worthington all we can in any shape or form.

And also on the point of we can''t hammer someone well you''ve just been proved wrong CITY BEATING LUTON 2-0 is that enough to shut you moaners up? he''s made 2 signings what more do you want ?

I AS A CITY DIE HARD FAN WILL CONTINUE TO SUPPORT WORTHINGTON AT LEAST UNTIL THE END OF THE SEASON. I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL HAVE A REVIVAL AND GET BACK INTO THE PREMIERSHIP.
ETUHU''S THE MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!

I''LL KEEP BELIEVING
NORWICH WILL PROVE THE MOANERS WRONG

[quote user="CANARY BRAVEHEART"]

To Wizard

You are talking absolute rubbish suggesting that we will have to sell Ashton and Green in January. Haven''t you followed what Roger Munby recently said in SATURDAY NOVEMBER 12TH 2005 pinkun. The question asked was

> Q If realistic and tempting offers were made for the club''s biggest assets, like Robert Green and Dean Ashton, in the january transfer market window, would the club be forced to sell? 

> A THE CLUB DOES NOT HAVE TO SELL ANY PLAYERS FOR FINANCIAL REASONS. If offers are made for any of our players, the board will listern to the recommendations of the manager before reaching any decision.

So basically from that should indicate to you and CITY supporters that it is highly unlikely that we will have to sell unless the bid is good enough. I can not see for the life of me anyway who would want ROBERT GREEN anyway in the first place because quite honestly GREEN has been crap. AND ISN''T GOOD ENOUGH TO BE THE ENGLAND NO 2. He''s made too many errors. Then there''s ASHTON well he may leave but i don''t think he will as he''s just signed a 4 year contract. If he does then he should get stick. BECAUSE I AM SICK OF PLAYERS SIGNING BLOODY CONTRACTS AND PISSING OFF. BECAUSE IF THIS IS TO KEEP HAPPENING WE SHOULD BIN CONTRACTS.

Onto your next point yes City haven''t been great but there''s still time to turn it around. With Etuhu now playing for us that''s a lifeline as hopefully he can be the next ''DAMIEN FRANCIS''.[:O]

On the board''s decision not to sack Worthington i agree. As it is too late into the season now plus it would cost the club alot of money and isn''t worth it. Also i think you should take into the consideration of how long it would take for the new manager to settle and enforce his ideas. I CAN''T EMPHAZISE THIS PART MORE "WE MUST BE TOGETHER IN THIS TOUGH TIME" i think that we should try to help Worthington all we can in any shape or form.

And also on the point of we can''t hammer someone well you''ve just been proved wrong CITY BEATING LUTON 2-0 is that enough to shut you moaners up? he''s made 2 signings what more do you want ?

I AS A CITY DIE HARD FAN WILL CONTINUE TO SUPPORT WORTHINGTON AT LEAST UNTIL THE END OF THE SEASON. I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL HAVE A REVIVAL AND GET BACK INTO THE PREMIERSHIP.
ETUHU''S THE MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!

I''LL KEEP BELIEVING
NORWICH WILL PROVE THE MOANERS WRONG

[/quote]

Well at least, unlike tricky Dicky, you use more than one line to reply and don''t resort to his usual childish name calling reply, so thanks for that.

Time will tell who''s right here, but to claim a 2-0 victory against  9 men as a hammering, that''s certifiable!.

And trust me, Ash will go.

So if you belive that sort of rubbish there''s no point in us debating any further is there?.

first of all wiz the 2nd sending off was after the final wistle and there  is a long way to go, we can still do it but if fans like you keep putting the club and the team down we all might as well stop going and sit at home watching sky sports.

why do you waste so much time on theses boards moaning about the team you love .it amaze me to think that a city die hard fan would waste so much time and effort bringing your team down.

[quote user="king of latvia"]

first of all wiz the 2nd sending off was after the final wistle and there  is a long way to go, we can still do it but if fans like you keep putting the club and the team down we all might as well stop going and sit at home watching sky sports.

why do you waste so much time on theses boards moaning about the team you love .it amaze me to think that a city die hard fan would waste so much time and effort bringing your team down.

[/quote]

I want the best for City King,  not second best as it is under Worthy at the moment. There has, whether you like it or not, been an 80% swing to my way of thinking (judging by the pink un poll) just lately, you, and other easily pleased supporters getting narked at me won''t change those facts.

I am convinced Worthy has ruined City, Ashton also, and I will not sit here and watch the team go down the toilet without saying something!.

You and others gladly accept second best I don''t, thats what being a supporter is all about.

Canary Braveheart - I wouldn''t blame Ashton for wanting to leave. He''s a good footballer who must despair at having the ball hoofed up the pitch in his general direction. He''s too good for that and if he has got any sense he will sign for a good PASSING side at the first opportunity.

He will get no stick from me - contract or not - should he decide his game could progress further elsewhere.

I agree wiggles Ashton is top class and may well be off in the transfer

window. The concenus is he is changing his game to fit in with worthy''s

tactics, running into channels, holding the ball up and laying off -

and to a large extent he is acheiving this. but as tiger woods found

when remodelling his swing, sometimes during transitions sportsmen go

through lean patches and their confidence can be affected - i''m certain

he will come through - hopefully with city. Mind you, svensson never

quite the hang of worthy''s hold up play and was made to look worse than

he was because of it!