Sign in to follow this  

Not funny at all.  Akinbiyi has looked bloody good at Burnley this season.  Strong, imposing and knows where the back of the net is.  On the Championship programme Steve Cotterill was asked whether he would sell Ade in January.  "Absolutely not, only if a ridiculous offer came in" (Ridiculous, I thought.  Must mean £4-5M) "Like what?" the reporter asked.  "Ooh, £2M" Cotterill replied!  £2M for the top scorer in the first division aint too bad!

The problem with Akinbiyi is consistancy and confidence though.  He was berated at Leicester and thus did crap.  Now the fans at Burnley love him and he''s banging the goals in.  Whether I would want him in the team is another question, but for a striker how knows where the net is, Akinbiyi gets a lot of stick

nononononononono never

Admittedly he has matured as a player and dare i say it he is more consistent these days - however he is still pants and prone to bouts of inconsistency which have always blighted his performance.

Chap i fancy up front with Ashton is Mckenzie - but a man can dream

[quote user="kneeelo 74"]

Dont know if i have spelt his name

correctly, and dont laugh but I think in his current form would be

perfect to partner ashton up front.

Comments?

[/quote]

.....says the man with the short memory

*faint chorus of this chant sounds*

Mckenzie....... woaaaaaaaahhh..............

Despite Akinbiyi''s history with Norwich ( and maybe Leicester ) there is no doubting he has scored many goals with his other clubs. He has changed hands for millions of pounds which makes the £200,000, Mike Walker sold him for, look rather silly.

Yes but his record everywhere other than Norwich is much better that that and his overall stats are pretty respectable.

So far this season he''s scored fourteen which (once you''ve discounted the own goals) is only a couple less than our entire squad.

Good luck to Ade. he has played for a number of high profile clubs and its not worked out for him.... But he''s found a club thats suited to him and that he is happy at and good luck to him. certain managers and teams play a certain way.. and the Burnley way is obviously ideal for Adeola.

jas :)

The comments about Ade are harsh given how young he was when he played for us, credit where it is due he is hitting the back of the net on a regular basis for Burnley, in any case I am not sure he would want to play for us as I doubt he would get the service he requires.