Sign in to follow this  
beelsie

Is there a light at the end of the tunnel

Wasn’t there but I heard about some point’s that made sense:

Shows what the team can do when they apply themselves.

It’s little to do with Worthy’s input. He’s been asking them to pull their fingers out since the start of the season, with next to no response. Two good loanees made a difference, It shows what can be done if people are willing to get close to opponents and tackle hard to win the ball, as Worthy says, "There’s no room for fancy Dan’s In to-days game"

Worthy, on Huck’s, was too little too late IMHO. Seemingly, Hucks was given permission to head the ball by his hair dresser, what about giving his fashion show up for a refreshing spell of concentration on training for defensive skills which IMO would about complete his CV, after all he’s well paid by his fans. However it’s good news to hear that he is nearer to becoming the complete footballer he is capable of being. At present IMO he’s about three-quarters there, but well done to him.

We seem as a club to be inundated with under performers. The type, who only put it in when it suits them, some have left the club, I know, but for me one of my biggest disappointments has been Mc Veigh, such great talent, but lacking the character and grit to fight for his place against the odds.

Pleasing remarks by Thorn, about players’ capabilities to fit in with one another’s preferences and styles, as in any profession it is not about how one deals with the ideal, but how one deals with the unexpected, and by doing so complement one another. Some of our posters make a great deal about the ball on the ground to feet, etc, etc, or a long ball game not being the best or most attractive form of foot ball or suitable for x,y z, maybe not!!  But a good mix of all types of approach would be a blessing, especially if done with a degree of effort.

An Analogy if I may. I had engineers who were very capable of changing a broken rear spring on a loaded 30 ton beet lorry. In the warmth of our workshop, but not too many, who were up to doing the same job on the road side, on a snowy winter’s day, with other vehicles rushing by, continuously, and splashing them with slush. Some times I, at the age of sixty would have to go with them to show them the way it could be done. Perhaps it won’t be long before Worthy turns out in defence.

It is a pleasure to know the lads put in a half days match and recorded a win. It appears there were two close shaves. I will be happy to hear that we have recorded 5 wins on the trot in the forthcoming weeks, and only then will I believe that the top six is a realistic aim for our great club, OTBCity!!!

Is that the Freight Train from Metallica''s No Leaf Clover ?

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]Is there a light at the end of the tunnel or is it the 7-45 from New Den coming in the opposite direction?[/quote]