Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana (All Grown Up)

january transer window

According to Neil Adams we can''t loan Davenport furthemore. If we have money and the lad is willing to come let''s get him. He has been awesome. Him and Jase would make very good partnership me thinks. What comes to Etuhu and Wright can''t really say. Wright had good game. Let''s see how they cope but Callum is A must buy if we just can have him.

We definately need to sign ETUHU we actually had a present midfielder other than safri yesturday.

I would like to sign Wright, he looked very good going foward, maybe this could solve our wing problems? Hughes and Wright linked up so well.

We can not extend the davenport loan, he has had three months with us, the only way he will come back here this season is if we buy him, and we dont have the money to do so. Spurs paid 3 million for him, they will want atleast 1.5 back

Spurs paid 1.1million for him and more depending on games, goals etc. If we dont get Davers we have Shackell to fill his position. IMO we should try and get Alex Baptiste from Mansfield, dubbed as the next Ledley, he is strong, quick, good in the air, good and tackling and is a natuaral leader being captain at only 19 years of age, and at 6ft4 is at a decent hieght aswell. Could be the perfect partner for Shacks/Doherty if Davers leaves.

id say wait 3 or 4 games before we say "sign Etuhu"...

Even David Neilsen had a good debut for us on loan, and wasnt the same player once we splashed the cash... Give Etuhu until Xmas then say sign him.

jas :)

[quote user="Northern Canary"]did anyone else know that Nathan Tyson signed for Nottingham Forest? i only realised when i saw him on the championship this morning[/quote]

Yeh it was a bit of a surprise that one, it was nainly because Wycombe needed a quick sale and the cash. Bit of a shame though, was good enough for the championship.

There''ll probably be money coming in from the sale of Green to Everton. I''d love to see it spent on Davenport: we know what he can do, we''ve seen him do it consistently, and he''s not had a bad game - certainly not like the chaos of the pre-Dav days anyway.

I agree with jas about Etuhu. Wait and see.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Which kinda makes this thread a tad poinless, yes?.

[/quote]

Well no, of course there is the possibillity of us selling a player... (Whether it is a star player such as Green, or a fringe player such as Henderson.)

If we can only have one then on the reports it seems that Etuhu is the logical choice (and isn''t it already agreed in any event?) as we are desperately short in central midfield and boosting cover there will also protect the defence a bit.

However if there is to be any hope of the play offs then we will probably need both of Davenport and Etuhu, plus that right winger (unless Cap''n Hoooosy can fill that slot).

I would have thought Etuhu would be best, seeing as though we are short in midfield and Yousseff is off to the AFC. Dav has been quality, but hopefully Jase should be back to full fitness soon. Hopefully we could get both in somehow.

How anyone can think that we need a winger more than we need Etuhu is

beyond me. Not having our first choice centre pairing of Hughes and

Safri available has been the source of all our problems this season.

Yes we do need a right winger but if we can only sign one player in

January it HAS to be DE.  And it would seem that Hughes/Wright

might at least help make us a threat down the right without

compromising us defensively. .

Alex Baptiste may well be a player that some bigger teams (than mansfield) have looked at, but at 5ft 11" NOT 6ft 4, we might as well put wright in there

I don''t think we''ve seen enough of Wright yet to know whether he''s worth buying-and there is no indication at all that Wigan want to sell anyway

Right midfield is the obvious gap in the squad, but all the comments from Munby seeem to suggest that we will only buy a significant new player if someone leaves  as ''all playing budget will be committed if Etuhu signs''

I''m beginning to think that a good offer for Green in January (£2m+) might well be the best way forward for both the club and the player- provided the money was predominantly used for team strengthening (ie bringing in a quality right midfielder)

We''ve got good cover now- and in Joe Lewis a very good prospect for the future; Green this season hasnt been as consistent as before, and also seems to have had his international chances reduced (4th choice now, and counting?)

I think he expected to move in the summer, and has been effected by not doing so...

The defence that started saturday never looked like

conceding, and could prove to be as good as the championship winning

season, so we have to get davs here - he''s ahead of shacks for me

presently. Brennans contract is up this season, so I''d loan him out

with either hendo or mcveigh, when mckenzie is fit again. Also whats

happened to paul gallagher? did he go in summer - if not loan him out.

I''d like to keep safs, but if a good bid came in I''d take it now rather

than lose him for nothing later - I think Jarrett & Dicko would

make a great combination in the centre of the park. If we had any dosh

over then agree a right winger is a priority.

However, much can change between now and january, we need a good run to

keep/attract quality players now.  A bad run changes everything.

Nobody wanted Green in the summer and i cannot see where that will have changed , in all honesty he was probably vastly overrated by City fans in the first place .Ashton however i would expect to leave in January , best striker we have had in years and is being made to look very average playing in this side,there will be clubs in for him and with promotion all but a forgotten dream except for the tinted glasses brigade the board will accept one of the offers.

[quote user="Northern Canary"]i think we should consider selling green (for a good price) to get some money to bolster the squad[/quote]

Agreed, unfortuanetly I dont think we will get as good a price now as over the summer. With two international keepers on the bench I think we should sell Greeno if the price is right.. (I.E. Not 1.5 Million a la Damo, Who last I checked was ranked 13th in the premiership opta stats..)

"Yousseff is off to the AFC." Trent in Arsenal scoop shocker!

I must admit I don''t know the correct acronym for the African Cup of

Nations/African Nations Cup, so you may be right, but I did a

double-take anyway![*-)]