Sign in to follow this  
silver fox

Are Saturday's chants an indication of how the fans feel?

Whilst I heard plenty of Delia''s barmy army chants on Saturday I don''t remember hearing a single Worthington''s green army.  It might just be a coincidence, but I think the jury is still out on whether Worthy is the man to turn things around. 

From my own personal point of view it was the best first half I have enjoyed watching for a long time, although once again we didn''t quite put in the same performance in the second half, and nearly let Luton back into it.  Safri, Etuhu and Hughes look a good trio in midfield and I was impressed with Thorne.  A good away win on Tuesday at Millwall and maybe, just maybe, the fans will start chanting Worthy''s name again.

There were a few worthy green army chants coming from snakepit and lower river end inbetween delias barmy army, but that was it. I tried to get a ferw going, but it didn''t work. What you''ve got to expect from my end really!

Guess where I sit!

there were definately a few in b block barclay and snakepit - does anyone think that Nigel didn''t answer out of;  a) respect for luton b) cos he didnt hear them c) cos he was ignoring them for the lack of chants d) any other reason ?

But i think it''s fair to say that (judging by the comments ive read and heard) that there were people deliberately staying silent

Most of the people around me at city are worthy

doubters and outers. I don''t expect to hear chants in support of worthy

unless we''re undefeated at xmas and look to be  ready to mount a

play off challenge. Imo, its only because he saved us from relegation

in his first season, got us to the play off final and won the

championship that fans have been understanding of worthy and not

chanted for him to go.

Worthy has to show he can adapt his management style to get the best out of quality players to move us onto the next level.

I could certainly hear ''Worthy, what''s the score?  from the Cathedral Lounge and Nigel''s body language acknowledged it. If you want a response from him you have to ask ''Worthy, what''s the (sharp intake of breath) sit yew way shun.'' Of course, if we wish to enquire anything of the manager from the ''library'' we simply get a chap in a jacket to pass him a note.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]Imo, its only because he saved us from relegation in his first season, got us to the play off final and won the championship that fans have been understanding of worthy and not chanted for him to go. [/quote]

Oh - it''s "only" those three remarkable feats is it? Well, it''s nice that some people remember them I suppose. He''s actually made a rod for his own back by being so successful: he''s raised our expectations, and there''s twice as many of us now to moan about him.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]Worthy has to show he can adapt his management style to get the best out of quality players to move us onto the next level. [/quote]

I agree with that. But so does the whole club, from the Board through to the players.