Sign in to follow this  
j slat

Is David Wright arrival sweetener for the sale of Ashton to Wigan?

If so and the money is right maybe it could lead to the permanent signings of Davenport, Etutu and another striker

I can assure you Mr Jewell was and is more than interested in Ashton.

And he hasn''t ever made a secret of it. You''re clearly talking from a

position of not having seen Ashton play this season. When he hasn''t

been injured or playing whilst nursing a broken face, he has shone like

a beacon out of all 22 players on the pitch.

[quote user="a1canary"]I can assure you Mr Jewell was and is more than interested in Ashton. And he hasn''t ever made a secret of it. You''re clearly talking from a position of not having seen Ashton play this season. When he hasn''t been injured or playing whilst nursing a broken face, he has shone like a beacon out of all 22 players on the pitch.
[/quote]

I agree that Mr Jewell was interested in Ashton at the start of the season. However at that point he was living on previous reputation from last year. Based on this seasons performance I don''t think Mr Jewell will be knocking for him in January.

If he has been such a shining beacon why have so many Norwich fans been on here moaning about how rubbish he has been so far......

Shining beacon my elbow. I know I only listen to the commentaries but in half the matches I''ve had to check the team line ups to see if he''s actually on the pitch.

Even when he has been mentioned it''s only when he''s ballooned a shot over the bar or wide.

And then of course there was the penalty fiasco, really brilliant idea to take that.

I''ll admit that last year he looked like a half decent prospect but this season, like the rest of the team, his form has dipped considerably.

Sorry, the only "shining" he''s done this year was when he got a bang on the head.

Even if I were to accept, which I won''t, that he''s been the best City player, you are doing a grave injustice to most of our opponents when you claim he''s been the best player of all 22 on the pitch - on the day, even Millwall had several better players on show than him.

As for injuries, if they were that bad then he shouldn''t have been playing - you can''t win the Championship with crocks.

Overall, based on the last 12 months since he arrived, I''d have to say that if we could get the transfer money + his wages back, then let''s take it.

We''ve got loads of strikers who can''t score so let''s get shot of him before Mr Jewel, and the rest of them cotton on.

[quote user="a1canary"]I can assure you Mr Jewell was and is more than interested in Ashton. And he hasn''t ever made a secret of it. You''re clearly talking from a position of not having seen Ashton play this season. When he hasn''t been injured or playing whilst nursing a broken face, he has shone like a beacon out of all 22 players on the pitch.
[/quote]

MPFN are you some kind of "wind up merchant" ??, Ashton is Premieship class, absolutely no doubt about it. I fear that Deanos biggest problem is the coaching staff at NCFC, I really do believe they are in danger of ruining him as a player. As has been mentioned in another thread Deano has come from a team that puts the emphasis on playing football on the deck, and he is used to getting on the end of decent through balls and decent crosses rather than playing with his back to goal trying to flick on hopeful punts up the field. Mr Worthington should be concentrating on playing to his strengths, hopefully the arrival of Dickson will free up the creative side of Youssef`s game, and a decent right winger would not go amiss. A long way round of saying that given the right service Deano will bang in the goals.....

No, I am not a wind up merchant. I like to think that I just see things the way they are.

1. Look at his goal scoring record for us, hardly Championship Class let alone Premiership Class

2. About 18 Premiership Managers must think the same as me, if not why didn''t they buy him ?

3. Wrong system ? A Premiership Class striker would score goals no matter what system was played.

I don''t deny that the lad has some potential but currently he is NOT Premiership Class