Sign in to follow this  
jb

Svensson out for six weeks!!!

good thinking about crouch.but as i keep banging on about all those roberts out ect ect ,he has got to be kept here for the rest of the season.its a numbers game as well.hes been there and got the shirt. at this moment in time i would rather have in my team as cover than trying to bring in the jarvis of this world.

Crouch is simply not an option. Now that we are past 31st Dec we can not bring him back on loan - any loan over 3 months has to be agreed by that date.

Admittedly we can still buy him but just how much money does NW have left - I doubt (but would love to be proved wrong) that there is that much. Anyway I think that with Jarvis & then Roberts we have enough cover for Hux and Leon.

If there is any cash going spare I would rather take on a new right midfielder - funny how Edworthys performances are not so eye catching now he does not have Harper in front of him?

Yup, agree entirely Zipper. Harper had the qualities of Rivers AND Henderson put together - pace, tenacity, tackling and passing. I would love to see him back again. Although it would mean that most of our midfielders are dwarfs.

Oh dear Mook, I''m totaly with you on this!, I have been banging on about Harper for some time, and I would love it, simply love it, if that happened (Sorry Kevin!)

But as the oiginal thread stated, Svensson could be out for 6 weeks, I cannot for the life of me see dear old Iwan doing the job now, this is really serious, City need some one big enough to hold the ball up and not give away too many free kicks and penalties, and we ain''t got him.

Is there anyone you can suggest on loan maybe?. I''d hate our promotion hopes to stutter to a hault because of this urgent need. I believe a cash buy, is not an option, the board and ''Deals'' have done their bit surely.

As far as Crouch is concerned you can only take a player for a maximum of three months a season - we have already used that allocation from Sept to Oct... so unless we buy him he will not be back here this season - unless wigan buy him

I was under the impression that we could take Crouch as he is under 24(?) and any player under that age is available for a season long loan, which is why Hucks was only going to come back if he signed full time.

The deadline to sign a player, of any age, on a season-long loan expired on December 31st. The only way we can get Crouch back this season is if we buy him.

Wrong.He can come back but only for three months.And from what I''ve heard it''s been discussed.

"In the case of the just-departed Crouch, if the Canaries cannot persuade O''Leary to think again before the New Year, having been here once on a three-month loan deal the only way he could return to Carrow Road in January would be if Norwich took advantage of the Premiership transfer window in January and bought him."