Sign in to follow this  
E I E I E I O

Surely tonights game is the judge and jury?

Tonights game must surely be the judgement of Worthington? We have performed appaling away from home during his reign. I thought that we played well saturday, however I was most dissapointed with our second half performance which was negative while leading as usual! I am very worried about the position we are in at the moment. I feel that our defence are awful and old! We need great investment in this area and yet have very limited funds available? Worthington has not invested in this area during his time and it is showing now. If we do not get out of this league this season then we are in big trouble. We have the players to get us out of this league but they are not performing.

I am hoping that we have turned the corner on saturday and that we will now start to climb the table? however to be where we need to be which is a minimum of the play-offs we MUST take at least 10 points from these 4 away games, anything less is poor considering the opposition. So should we fail tonight and yet again play appaling away from home then worthington must go TONIGHT! Should he pull it off then I am prepared to give him more time. We have no injury excuses tonight and should win well. So come on you yellows!

This is the night of judgement? surely we cannot back this man anymore with another pathetic away performance!

Regrettably the win over Luton means that it will take another long run before Delia, Munby and Co do act as judge and jury. I agree that if we fail to win tonight it will be very poor, excuses have run out and Millwall haven''t won a single match at home. Unfortunately Norwich always seem to be the fall guys in these situations, we are good opponents when a team hasn''t scored/won for ages or has a new manager. If we win, maybe, just maybe, it might spark a revival- so lets keep our fingers firmly crossed.

he would have gone after the wolves match if he was

going. worthy must have asked the players for a response and didn''t get

it, hence his ''spineless'' attack after the game. If delia & co

wanted to get rid he would have gone then - so IMO worthy must have the

boards support and now it looks like he''s made  peace with the

players.

I actually think our defence is as good now as when winning the

championship, but any defence needs midfield protection, which

hopefully they have now.

Worthy and the team may have turned a corner and a win tonight could

see us gon on run, but if we slump towards bottom 3 by xmas, and

relegation is a real concern, then expect him to go.

I don''t think so. Even if we win, the ''Worthy outers'' will say this proves nothing. If we lose, the KTF crew (and more importantly the Board) will stick by him.

I think our bad form away from home preceded Worthington and during the promotion year he did pretty well on that front. Personally, I would take playing defensively while ''leading as usual'' - particularly if we are 2-0 up. I thought we were pretty comfortable against Luton second half. This approach served us well in the year we got promoted and has been more like ''losing as usual'' recently.

Defence have improved considerably since Davenport and Doherty got the shirts. Not sure our defence is that old - only Fleming and Charlton over 30. Something is needed for when Davenport goes but for me the midfield has been main problem, but hopefully Etuhu centre and Hughes right could work.

I don''t completely agree that if we don''t get out of this league this season, we are in big trouble. I think we would be in big trouble if we got relegated and /or lost players without getting a good price for them. Finishing in bottom half would be pretty disastrous too.

I agree that our away form has been poor but in many ways our home form has been worse - we have played 11 home games and only won four. One third of all our wins have been away from home! Optimistically, we could have more away than home wins after next run of four games!!

I think that everyone should stop even considering that relegation is a possibility.  We have more chance of winning this league than we do of getting relegated out of it.

Even so, I totally agree that is is a crunch game for us, and I''m already biting my nails on it already.  Just read on the BBC that Millwall have 5 first team players out - including Judas and Jody Morris - through injury and suspension.

So we''re playing a severely depleted bottom of the league side on the back of a good win and with an unchanged first XI.  So why am I nervous?  Cos this is Norwich, that''s why...

Come on the City, settle my nerves down tonight...

[quote user="LinkNR9"]He won''t go anywhere until we''re relegated.[/quote]

unfourtuantly you are right linknr9

but then again he might not go even then, if we dont have enough money to offload him, then we are stuffed unless there is a clause in his contract.....

[quote user="Flick Fleck"]

I think that everyone should stop even considering that relegation is a possibility.  We have more chance of winning this league than we do of getting relegated out of it.[/quote]

still think this?

jas :)

[quote user="Flick Fleck"]

I think that everyone should stop even considering that relegation is a possibility.  We have more chance of winning this league than we do of getting relegated out of it.

Even so, I totally agree that is is a crunch game for us, and I''m already biting my nails on it already.  Just read on the BBC that Millwall have 5 first team players out - including Judas and Jody Morris - through injury and suspension.

So we''re playing a severely depleted bottom of the league side on the back of a good win and with an unchanged first XI.  So why am I nervous?  Cos this is Norwich, that''s why...

Come on the City, settle my nerves down tonight...

[/quote]

Flecky, do you still reckon we''ve got more chance of winning now?  1-0 against a side that my lad''s under 6''s side could put a couple past.

On that front, my lad has scored 13 goals in 7 games.  Reckon I should let Worthy know?