Sign in to follow this  
Fluff

Have we just won the championship?

It seems to me that after one win people are forgetting the rubbish that we have had to endure for two years.  How people can still defend the poor record that is Nigel''s bewilders me!  Less than a third of the last 60 games have actually been won, but all we still hear is ''Well he got us promoted''.  Well guess what, Britain once ruled most of the world!

What dissappoints me even more is the attidude of the board.  We will back Nigel as he is tip top!  Piffle.  What they mean to say is that because of the length of his confidential contract, we cant afford to get rid of the dead-weight!  I do believe that Delia is lacing his dinner as we speak!

I have loved this club since as a four year old I watched Kevin Keelan chin the Millwall winger.  I loved the club when we were playing Swindon (and losing to them) in the SIMOD cup. I loved the club when we got relegated (twice in the 80''s).   I loved the club when Megson took over the first time, but all the time we played good football with people on the pitch not out of position, and managers who spent the money wisely. How much more of OUR money is he going to waste on poor players?  Was Jarrett so good that he is worth more wages than Helveg?

[quote user="fluff"]

It seems to me that after one win people are forgetting the rubbish that we have had to endure for two years.  How people can still defend the poor record that is Nigel''s bewilders me!  Less than a third of the last 60 games have actually been won, but all we still hear is ''Well he got us promoted''.  Well guess what, Britain once ruled most of the world[/quote]

thats what gets me about English sports fans.. they dwell on the past far too much which is why they dont have much current success....

With the world cup round the corner it wont be long before we get all the "1966" related TV shows and songs etc... but that was 39 years ago. Im willing to bet at least 50% of the crowd at Carrow Road werent even born then.

Yes England did win the World cup in 1966.. but thats been consigned to History now... Argentina dont dwell on the fact that they last won the world Cup in 1986. and im sure Uruguay dont go on about !1930 and all that".

England should be proud of the fact it won the world cup but should now consign it to history and not drag it up every 4 years, as it holds back future progression.. same willo happen with the Rugger and the ashes.

People called this the "Greatest Ashes series of all time" purely because England hadnt won it in 18 years....  if they dont win it for another 18 the fans will be saying "yeh but we won it in 2005!". English sports fans need to forget about the pas and concentrate on the future and the here and now... same with City

jas :)

Wasn''t it a Northampton winger that Keelan laid out ?  Even then the man had style by taking off his jumper and walking, without the ref having to say a word.

This is not surprising - these posts are made by people who agree with everything that every Politician says, believe everything they read in the Papers and still put a glass of sherry out for Father Christmas.

They live in their own little fantasy world and completely fail to see things as they really are.[quote user="fluff"]

It seems to me that after one win people are forgetting the rubbish that we have had to endure for two years.  How people can still defend the poor record that is Nigel''s bewilders me!  Less than a third of the last 60 games have actually been won, but all we still hear is ''Well he got us promoted''.  Well guess what, Britain once ruled most of the world!

What dissappoints me even more is the attidude of the board.  We will back Nigel as he is tip top!  Piffle.  What they mean to say is that because of the length of his confidential contract, we cant afford to get rid of the dead-weight!  I do believe that Delia is lacing his dinner as we speak!

I have loved this club since as a four year old I watched Kevin Keelan chin the Millwall winger.  I loved the club when we were playing Swindon (and losing to them) in the SIMOD cup. I loved the club when we got relegated (twice in the 80''s).   I loved the club when Megson took over the first time, but all the time we played good football with people on the pitch not out of position, and managers who spent the money wisely. How much more of OUR money is he going to waste on poor players?  Was Jarrett so good that he is worth more wages than Helveg?

[/quote]

Here we go again.One solid performance with a mostly fully fit eleven to pick from which we have been unable to do this season.Its a great platform to build on again i would hate to see the posts on here if we had been beaten sat.Worthy at the moment seems to be in a no win situation a good performance is what everybody was looking for we got that but still the negatives and doom merchants seem to want to lessen the feel good factor which we all had after sat.If we eventuaaly got into the playoffs this season and ended up winning them and getting promoted i am sure a lot of anti worthy posters on here could still find loads of negatives to come up with.THEY ALLWAYS DO. 

[quote user="fluff"]

I loved the club when Megson took over the first

time, but all the time we played good football with people on the pitch

not out of position, and managers who spent the money wisely. How

much more of OUR money is he going to waste on poor players?  Was

Jarrett so good that he is worth more wages than Helveg?

[/quote]

Oh my good god! I can''t quite believe i''m reading this. It''s a micky take, surely? Some sort of monty python sketch perhaps?

Fluff? Absolutely, a load of it!

Just how rosey are your spectacles?

"It weren''t like this when i were a lad..." GIVE ME A BREAK! Did you cheer at all on Saturday?

And which bit of the Golden Megson era are you remembering exactly? Or

was it the Hamilton era you were thinking of? Walker''s second spell?

Rioch maybe?

One more thing, about this "player out of position" business, i can''t

believe how people can be so rightious. It''s as if people think it''s a

tactical choice to play people out of position, like NW does it because

he wants to!

Fluff, lets imagine for a second, that YOU, heaven help us, are the

manager of NCFC. In the centre of the park you have lost Hughes, Safri

AND Marney to injuries. Tell me exactly how you are going to get

someone from the squad into the centre of midfield without someone

playing out of position?

My rose coloured specs were obviously very similar to the ones you are wearing.  The only difference being that mine were not splattered with the speckles of brown that yours obviously are.

"One more thing, about this "player out of position" business, i can''t believe how people can be so rightious. It''s as if people think it''s a tactical choice to play people out of position, like NW does it because he wants to!"  No, he does it because he never had the hindsight to make sure that we had enough cover in these positions.

I dont come on here and gripe just because I dont think he is any good, but because of the people who still believe that the guy is fantastic.  I am not alone in having my beliefs, the poll spoke for itself, plus the fact that we are in trouble this season.

""One more thing, about this "player out of position"

business, i can''t believe how people can be so rightious. It''s as if

people think it''s a tactical choice to play people out of position,

like NW does it because he wants to!"

No, he does it because he never had the hindsight to make sure that we had enough cover in these positions."

Fluff  - ignoring the hindsight/foresight question - do you think

managers are free to cherry-pick the players they want as the need

arises?

Nigel said during pre-season that he wanted to add 5/6 players to the squad, in addition to replacing anyone who left. The fact this didn''t happen means he was thwarted in his pursuit of the right players, not

that he was derelict in his duties as manager. We''ve heard how Etuhu

was a target pre-season, Everton''s interest didn''t help at the time.

Also, the Board insisted that a Francis deal had to be in place before any funds for a replacement could be sanctioned.

This holds true as an argument for any area you feel we are deficient.

It''s not that the management can''t see the weaknesses, more that they

have restrictions on how far they can go to address them. Nigel thought

he had a kitty to increase the squad size - now we hear that a

permanent Etuhu deal, coupled with loan deals, is as far as the

transfer budget stretches this season. Unless the Board (yes, the

Board) decide to gamble as they did 2 years ago, Nigel''s hands are tied.

Helveg decided to leave, Jonsson decided to leave, Francis decided to leave. Deal with it.

p.s. a poll only reflects the views of those people who think it''s a

worthwhile topic for voting on, not those of the people who have better

ways to use their limited on-line time.[;)]

[quote user="fluff"]

I dont come on here and gripe just because I dont think he is any good,

but because of the people who still believe that the guy is

fantastic.  I am not alone in having my beliefs, the poll spoke

for itself, plus the fact that we are in trouble this season.

[/quote]

You see that''s my problem with many of the "worthy out" brigade. It''s

all extremes. If you''re not calling for his head, then you must think

he is fantastic. I have not and did not say above that he is

''fantastic'', nor do i think he is. But people come on and start

preaching about  "how could  the manager possibly play x out

of position" and anyone who disagrees is labelled a worthy lover or

board lover etc. 

I''ve got a new stand point for the worthy out brigade - let''s see if they can get their heads around it...

Nigel Worthington is not a fantastic manager, he has made some errors

of judgement, both with the media, the fans and on occasions with the

players. We have, this season, suffered with an horrendous injury list,

that has stretched the squad to its limits and forced players to do

jobs on the pitch they don''t normally do. Not once has the manager used

this as an excuse for his poorly performing team, eventhough the

poorest performances could easily be put down to this - Brennan,

Charlie in central midfield etc.

The manager has proven management ability and a good relationship with

the board of the club, thereby allowing for a stable environment in

which the club can operate both on and off the pitch (unlike, for e.g.

Crystal Palace with Jumpin Jack Jordan). This stability would be

totally compromised by a management change for someone who would be a

gamble and may make no improvement above and beyond what we are already

seeing with the injured players returning.

At this moment, I think retaining the current manger is preferable to changing him.

I do not love the current manager.

That is my view! Zip it! [:#]

Well Neil Adams has just agreed on air that Worthy''s signing have not been good enough and the best we can hop for is 11th!