Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

What is the bottom line?

What is the bottom line?

As far as I am concerned it is the wellbeing of my club.

When all is said and done the players and management come and go. I don''t care what Norwich City does for their personal aspirations I only care what they can do for the club and all the singing and praising is all just the euphoria of the moment.

1). This club must avoid relegation.

2). This club must reduce costs; this means players and particularly so when outlay does not match results.

3). This club must take a few steps back, consolidate and then move forwards.

4). This club has to seriously diminish it''s debt.

Our top wage earners have to go and the club has to secure the best transfer fees.

If anyone doesn''t want to sweat blood for the cause then they can go too.

An objective ''Harry Bassett'' type needs to be appointed to troubleshoot the management and training. If the current management don''t like it they can go.

If players don''t fit the system, imbalance the team, fail to rectify common errors (like offside) or refuse to work back and defend they can go.

Welcome back to Costa Del Norwich. When players come here how much pressure do they feel under to produce? They can all say the right things while the fans clutch at straws.

To the Board: get yourselves in some external advisors to look at this situation objectively and think outside the box. Make the tough decisions, clear out the dead wood. No one is irreplaceable, no one is above the club. Make the business decisions and not the emotional ones.

There has been a malaise at this club for months now. There is a cancer, cut it out.

Excellent post Rudolph, and one it is hoped someone high up at FCR might act on, however I doubt they will.  Before the AGM I was certain that those on the board could see what was happening to this season (and most of last) and that they might apply the necessary axe.  But no, the AGM was clear cut in that the board (and therefore the decision makers) are firmly in support of Nigel and his crew, whatever happens.

The excuses then were injuries, although I still fail to see that we had that many desperate ones, it was more a case of the ins were worse than last season''s outs - playing Worthy''s style of football, etc.  No, this board are so intent that Nigel is the man they cannot, and will not see what is really going on.

Rudolph, I have not spoken to anyone this season who thinks we are doing well.  I have spoken to people who think we should give Nigel more time (though they concede that time is running out) and those who say we should back the club whatever happens on the pitch.

I, and I only speak for myself have had enough.  I am sorry but this present set up is ruining my club - the management is not competent, the board just won''t admit that their manager is not fit to manage and the fans are arguing amongst themselves over what should be done.

No excuses, Nigel said at the beginning of the season, if we don''t get promotion.  We have now played 20 games and just lost away to a side who had not won at home before last night.  If that is promotion form then sorry, Nigel I bow to your greater knowledge of the game.

Whatever is needed to turn our club around HAS to be done.  We all know this cannot go on, we are in the middle of an away run of fixtures, and then a tough Christmas.  Munby has admitted the board have planned for a mid table championship finish!  Great stuff, more prudence than ambition, already knew that, but relegation, that is prudence with complacency. 

"An objective ''Harry Bassett'' type needs to be appointed to troubleshoot the management and training. If the current management don''t like it they can go."

Rudolph, I really like this suggestion - although I would prefer the Board to remove Worthy and his team, that''s not going to happen, so maybe this is the way to turn things around without anybody losing face. Although I have never particularly advocated the ''Director of Football'' approach, it DID work for Middlesboro once upon a time!

Anybody got any decent suggestions who we might approach?  I''ll start the ball rolling - Jim Smith......