them have done the job. I thought Kevin Harper, and the left footed

Kevin Cooper, have been our best right wingers since Adams, with Mark

Rivers putting in an occasional good performance when he could be

bothered to, but none of them were in the class of their

predecessors, but they were upper Championship class players. We

desperately need to get someone of upper Championship class in who can

deliver a cross from the right ASAP.

Potential solutions include:

Shaun Newton (West Ham)James Morrison (Middlesboro)Bryan Hughes (Charlton)Tommy Black (Palace)Kevin Harper (Stoke)Glen Little (reading)Whether any of them are available in January remains to be seen. But we NEED someone desperately to play wide right.

DO ANY OF THE READERS OF THIS THREAD THINK THEY CAN PLAY WIDE

RIGHT???? DO YOU KNOW ANYONE WHO COULD PLAY WIDE RIGHT? SEND OFF FOR A

TRIAL ASAP! WE NEED YOU.

Poirot

Maybe we should be concentrating on getting in a manager who understands the role of a right winger - or at least playing to the strengths of the personnel available during every match.

But to your point, I agree with you, can''t think of anyone since Adams who was a classic r winger. Even then, he wasn''t in the class of Disco.  Of your list I would be interested in Black or even getting Harper back.

Shaun Newton is a good shout gazza.  I know when he went to West Ham towards the end of last season, the fans weren''t impressed.  However, the player did.  He''s a good, solid first div player and most importantly he''s a right winger who will take on a left back.  Christ we haven''t had one of them for years!  He can''t get in the Hammers team at the moment.

Kevin Harper has scored against us this season, and Kevin cooper had a good game for Cardiff vs us this season too.. both players played for us in our title winning year, both were right wingers, neither were snapped up by worthy.

the ones that got away....

jas :)

More of an out-and-out left winger myself, but quite willing to be played out of position though...

On a more serious note, would any of those players mooted want to come here? Whilst being excellent suggestions for a team looking to kick on a gear and push for the upper echelons of the football pyramid, I''d wager that not too many players are looking at us enviably - why would they leave their home comforts and come and play for a team thats massively under-performing and deep in a crisis of confidence? Good suggestions but can''t see them wanting to come...