Sign in to follow this  
allways travelling

win tonight are you back on board

Looks like we could well have the same side again tonight that will be at least two games with the same eleven and look how well we played on sat.See all thats needed is a bit of patience to get the same settled eleven lets hope we are as impressive tonight as we were on sat.Lets hope a win tonight gets a few more worthy outers back on board after all we all want to get back up were we belong.KTF. 

Results matter of course and we all want to see city successful, but it

seemed to me that worthy did not adapt his management style to suit

quality players last year or this - it looks like he expects players to

adapt to him in a kind of ''my way or highway'' style, which is easier to

acheive with average players than the better ones. Paul Sturrock had

the same problem at Southampton.  The problem is fans never get

any feedback, for instance Colin wasn''t even on the bench saturday, so

what''s happened there? some communication wouldn''t go amiss. 

If worthy can learn from this experience, the wolves match must have

been a low point for him, and become more flexible in managing his

players and get us back up where we belong then yes I''ll be back on

board.  However, remember worthy threw down the gauntlet at the

start of the seaon, saying ''no excuses'' under no pressure from the fans

- not many were calling for his head in August so in a way he''s only

got himself to blame.

If worthy gets us promoted this year, even the most committed worthy outer will be cheering his acheivement come may.

One win won''t make me change my mind. A good long run might do, but again it depends on whether I see long term evidence of improvements in the "basics" which we get wrong so many times.

I don''t go in for knee jerk reactions, its taken a while for me to believe we need a new manager and it will take a while before he wins me over again.

Sorry Allways, but it is going to not only take a run of at least five decent results and performances to get me to change my mind about wanting Worthy to stay.

All I can see is evidence that we are on a serious slide to underachieving, considering our advantage over most other sides in the league.

We turn up (or not) tonight at Millwall and are the only side NOT TO GET ANYTHING THERE THIS SEASON that is why they are bottom and by my reckoning it won''t be long before we join them.

So we beat Luton on Saturday, we should have taken the positives from that match and applied them to tonight, only we didn''t.  To hear post match comment about the fact we should have had a penalty just sums it up for me.  One incident in ninety minutes?  Come on, we should have at least had ONE GOAL, one or two half chances that one of our players could convert. 

We are bad, Allways, and getting no better, this sorry state of affairs rumbles on and is still allowed to go on due to a win every five or six games and the over cosy set up upstairs.  I am about as desperate now about my club''s future as I have ever been, and that includes the Chase regime.  We have no excuses.  It''s time the board started looking for a few answers.

Hello Meeky here, can''t be bothered to log out from Gazza and log back in again.

Worthys statistics on away games since he took over.

Up to 18th September - P105 W25 D29 L51 F110 A163

Pick the bones out of that if you will!

[quote user="LinkNR9"]Yes, I was - all that AT has said for the past two or three months is "Keep The faith". What a joke.[/quote]

Sorry Link, I was refering to Always in my original post, not your good self.