Sign in to follow this  
Fluff

Adams has at last fallen off the fence!

Admission from Neil Adams on air tonight:

Summer signings have not worked out.  Best we can hope for is 11th (and that is optimistic)

Nuff said!  Worthington should do the decent thing and go now.

He should but we all know he wont and the board have not got the guts to sack him . We are in a relegation battle whatever some of he tinted glasses brigade say and judging by our results its a battle we may not win. At least the work ethic was good again tonight , just how fed up are people getting of hearing our so called manager trotting that one out.

I''ve just listened to the phone in - I don''t normally bother but I''ve obviously been missing something.

Overall it was entertaining, and at times, almost bordering on hilarious - 

There were people slagging of Adams (as if it was his fault), people still saying (yes even after tonight''s debacle) that we should get behind the team and everything will be fine, people swearing (on the BBC can you believe), some people saying the coaching staff are too old and others saying the Manager is too young, and to cap it all the last caller sounded close to tears - maybe he thought he was phoning the Samaritans.(perhaps he should)

Let''s not bother with the matches anymore, let''s just cut to the quick and have the phone in for 3 hours. 

Much more entertaining and well worth the Canaries World Sub.

barry was an idiot

whoever he was, having a go at Adams like that, that is so unacceptable, its not his fault, moaning at adams is going to do nothing.

if you want to sort something, phone the club.......

[quote user="Making Plans for Nigel"]

I''ve just listened to the phone in - I don''t normally bother but I''ve obviously been missing something.

Overall it was entertaining, and at times, almost bordering on hilarious - 

[/quote]

I heard the phone-in too. Absolute quality. Hearing Adams get all

uptight, and eventually losing his cool, shouting at one caller "Are you

stupid?!" was far better than the listening to the match.

Nigel, I hope you noted that Meeky was the first caller on here tonight, and he was both polite to Neil and didn''t swear! 

Have to agree with you that it was rich entertainment, much more so than the 90 minutes of crap proceeding it.

I thnk Adams assessment is about right - 11th is about the best we will do.   We have now lost 10 games many against very poor sides (1 pint from 6 against a relegation certainty!)  which is 50% of our games - all this talk of play off is pie in the sky - can anyone see us going unbeaten between now and the end of the season?   Even in the most mediaocre of seasons the 6th place team only has 13 defeats - we have nearly that already!

A first 11 last night, no injury excuse yet another away no show.   Bemoaning finishing/pens is not good enough - worthy cant motivate the team and 11th at best is not good enough - it was a sackable performance at the start o fthe season adn should be so now.  Worthy cant motivate his team again for an away game so should go.

OTBC

He spent 15 minutes trying to convince himself that a 1-0 defeat at a pub team like millwall isnt ''woeful'', but a 2-0 defeat at a strong wolves was. priceless. How can that performance be acceptable to anybody in their right mind?

Charlie''s Dad, what are you saying, that Worthy and the board have lost their minds?  Adams'' opinion of the match said it wasn''t woeful, or as bad as Wolves or QPR, but taken in context of who we were playing, a team bottom, no home win all season, five players out (ie a team with a real injury crisis), then the assessment has to be

THIS IS A SACKABLE OFFENCE, MUNBY AND CO, WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE UNLESS YOU WANT PRE-MATCH DRINKIES AT TRANMERE (AND MILLWALL AGAIN) NEXT YEAR!!!

Link to MP3 file has been posted in post ''Are you stupid?''

I have to say canary call lat night was the funniest I have ever heard it.  You normally get some "Oi roight boiys" on there but last night was classic.  My particular favourites were "Come on Neil, get off the fence".  "I don''t know.  Are you stupid?".  [:D]  A caller''s claim that Ashton is fat!  And of course Kip at the end who the club rolled out at the AGM.

Classic comedy

[+o(] the idiot at the end.. Kip ? ill watch out for the name!! what a prized idiot. Ive only previously encountered such total and utter crass stupidity from certain ''kippers'' on this very message board. ''Why the negativity?'' if you dont know kipstick, where have you been since August!?????   

To be honest when Adams first came on radio norfolk, he got on my

nerves so much i bought a season ticket! But now, i like him and

respect his opinion. of course he can''t tell us the whole story, but he

is very fair and realistic in his match appraisals.  The ''are you

stupid'' geezer who wound adams up with the same question sounded half

cut to me - the best way to listen/watch city at the moment.

having a go at Neil Adams isnt fair. he works for the club so of course has to be a bit careful about what he says. he was also a good player for us and he is after all trying to give a former pros opionon on whats going on... i didnt hear the phone in, i switched off in a sulk at full time..

but lay off Neil he was a good player and it isnt easy for him. if they want someone who isnt going to sit on the fence then brin in someone who isnt employed by the club and will speak their mind.,.,.. Iwan would be a good bet.

What happened with this "are u stupid" call?

jas :)

I''ve always found Neil Adam''s analysis during the away matches to be very insightful and interesting, and he''s clearly a fan too  (he''d probably also be a decent addition now on the right hand side of midfield)

God knows why the poor so and so has to put up with people having a go at him after the game;

Has he secretly bought and coached the players and then picked the team?

Neil Adams must be desperate for media work to do the phone in programme; I bet he dreads it.

Ninety minutes plus of analysis and opinion and then almost inevitably Mervyn Numpty from Little Brainingham phones up and says ''Well Neil, what du yew rekun about that?''

I actually know someone who phoned up with that line just to take the p*ss and Neil soldiered on and turned it into a question.

Nowadays Neil says ''Well Mervyn, what do you think?'' When he actually wants to say ''What''s your bl**dy question you stupid tw*t or ''Did you actually phone in to make a point or just to fcuk me off?

I don''t know who researches some of these callers, Alan PartridgeI presume; and as a proud Norfolk man the cringe factor sits somewhere in between The Singing Postman and Roy yes,no,oh! Waller.

After this we get the breathy Worthington cliche session. Does this man have a retracting cord with a ring pull in his back?

Well done Neil. Dew yew keep on a troshin.