Sign in to follow this  
allways travelling

Worthy outers

Regarding crowds i think you will find that they were pretty much declining throughout the Chase years (despite the success) and have increased every season since, until the major catalyst that was the playoff final. I think there is a fairly obvious conclusion to come to. 

As gtg pointed out City used to regularly get crowds bigger than we do now and i think that we have recently seen a combination of a gradual return of thousands who were disillusioned under the last regime plus a very positive response to the family friendly policies the club has followed.

One of the main arguments against the previous regime (remember Chase stated that City could never average more than 20,000 people per game) was that if the club was well run,open,fan friendly and most of all positive and ambitious the potential was there for very significant growth in support. IMO this has been proved correct. I just hope that the ultra conservative policies the board have been following recently don`t undo all the good work.

[quote]I take on board lots of your comments and its nice not to get abused from someone who is of the worthy out brigade.I allways think a good indication of how well the manager has been doing is allways s...[/quote]

allways, I''m going to take issue with the words you use.

"I allways think a good indication of how well the manager has been doing is allways seen by the level of support he has been getting."

Actually I think you''ll find the fans come to see the team. Who is in charge has little to do with it. 25000 are coming through the turnstiles because Worthy is sitting in the dugout. It''s what the team doing on the field that matters.

Whilst Worthy may be responsible for how they are playing it''s the team the fans come to see. In the last couple of seasons the fans have been buoyed by the football on show. The question remains will it continue under the current conditions?

You have to remember as well, that the "fan" base was boosted in the Premiership season simply by virtue of the fact that you had the "hangers-on" who came to Carrow Road sporting their Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal jerseys.

Whilst numbers may drop if the bad run continues there are still are large proportion of fans who will still attend because they are, like Dicky and others, Norwich to the core.

I''ll admit that Worthy has done well for the club, but from many a Worthy-outer he is being judged on the teams'' current run of results and that goes a long way to undoing the good reputation he has built up.

The core fans will continue to come to Carrow Road whether Worthy stays or goes because fundamentally it is Norwich City, the football team, they are there to see!

wow, us worthy outers are real pathetic, in fact, as we didnt mention worthless out for a few days - i should have expected an attack telling us to shut up! however launching a childish tirade of insults at those who dare to think that being in a relegation battle with our squad is disgraceful; is clearly not pathetic. grow up AT. your welcome to your views, just dont shove them in my face and call me pathetic for voicing my own.

[quote]allways, I''m going to take issue with the words you use. "I allways think a good indication of how well the manager has been doing is allways seen by the level of support he has been getting." Actua...[/quote]

Ooops! Amazing what a difference a missing "N" and "T" make to a comment."Actually I think you''ll find the fans come to see the team. Who is in charge has little to do with it. 25000 AREN''T coming through the turnstiles because Worthy is sitting in the dugout. It''s what the team doing on the field that matters."...

[quote]Ooops! Amazing what a difference a missing "N" and "T" make to a comment."Actually I think you''ll find the fans come to see the team. Who is in charge has little to do with it. 25000 AREN''T coming thr...[/quote]

Kind of stating the obvious Morph !  Nigel gets  it when they DON`T  perform though ...  there`s no justice I say

i agree with allways, lets get our injuries sorted out and get a settled squad, and i know we are more than capable of making the play offs, i know we have to turn things round quickly, and if we dont it may be out of our reach, but lets hope the players start to take responsability, and make things happen on the pitch, they need to get more ruthless in front of goal, and be more physical in defence , and we need the midfield to take the game by the scruff of the neck, and start battering teams. O.T.B.C                             

im a football man and i think the world of worthy he a good manager and knows what he is doing i think its the fan that are a big let down thay should stay away from there games and the players are trying very hard and always gives 100% every game

[quote]Get a life and shut up he is not going anywhere and will be given quite rightly so until the end of the season to sort things out. we will then have the parachute money to start rebuilding again.mista...[/quote]

or we might just make 17th place with all the Worthy outers backing the team.

Signing Dixon Etuhu isnt going to make me change my mind about Worthless after i had supported him for so long....in fact signing Ronaldinho, Michael Owen and Frank Lampard wouldnt make me change my mind about Worthington.

Etuhu might go out in training tommorow and break his ankle, god forbid, which would put us right back at square 1 without him having an impact.

Worthington could of course turn it round, in which case i''ll hold my hands up and say i was wrong, and that i look a fool...

But im certain he wont.. its becoming hurtful to see our team every week now. the boos that ring out long and loud after every rubbish performance say it all to me...

and if you want to tell us to "shut up!" then thats up to you... but i have a question i would like you to answer please.

We are now almost halfway through the season, Christmas is just around the Corner and it was in the paper last week that Everton are lining up a double swoop for Ashton and Greeno, with the club sitting in 17th and no real chance of going up, if the situation worsens and we are in the bottom 3 at Christmas and those 2 decide to further their careers at Goodison, will you still be saying "back Worthington" when we lose our 2 best players and continue to freefall?

jas

[quote]im a football man and i think the world of worthy he a good manager and knows what he is doing i think its the fan that are a big let down thay should stay away from there games and the players are tr...[/quote]

I''m sorry but what games have you been seeing because for the vast majority of this season the players haven''t been putting in 100% while the thousands who turn up have been doing a fantastic job considering whats been on offer.

Can I just point out this isn''t a I go to games you don''t post.

[quote]or we might just make 17th place with all the Worthy outers backing the team. Signing Dixon Etuhu isnt going to make me change my mind about Worthless after i had supported him for so long....in fact...[/quote]

My answer. Why should you and a lot more of worthy outers keep condemning worthy when you know and i know the same eleven have not played together for the majority of games.Why is it you will not wait until worthy has the chance to address this when our players all return because this is going to happen sooner or later. Please judge worthy when he has this settled eleven this is the point i am trying to get over. My god leon in my opinion is a very important player for us we havent even seen him yet. When worthy is given a chance with a settled side so we can fairly judge his and the teams efforts.Then if we are still struggling to make any impression then and only then will i understand you worthy outers.This man has done lots for us over the last few years surely we owe him some time to put the wrongs wright.Regards ashton and greeno transfer i have been hearing for the last year and a half they are leaving so paper talk is not something i would take a lot of notice of.But if the worst does happen and they do move on we have both on good contracts the monies we get for these two players will go a long way to rebuilding again if as you say we are not very good then this will be needed will it not .I would also say some good buisness in ashtons case worthy done in bringing him here in the first place.  

[quote]My answer. Why should you and a lot more of worthy outers keep condemning worthy when you know and i know the same eleven have not played together for the majority of games.Why is it you will not wait...[/quote]

allways, I could be picky and ask- given your coment that we haven''t seen Leon yet -who that was pretending to be him in the Leeds and other early games but on the other hand, whoever it was played so badly that a Muzinic style imposter is probably the answer.  Still it was the fasn'' fault anyway so no need to enquire further.

But, I do acknowledge your point that if things don''t reverse once there is a reasonably fit squad then you will review your opinion of Worthy.

Good on you mate!!  All anyone can ask is an open mind and a recognition that situations change and so should opinions.  For my part, I do not see any way for Nigel to regain the plot but I could be wrong and if Worthy does pull this round then I will acknowledge that your faith was justified.  If he does it then it will be little short of a miracle and miracles should always be admired!!

Sorry to spoil your point, Allways, but we have seen Leon this season.

And as I remember, he was absolutely godawful - another sign of either poor coaching, poor man-management or poor selection if he was out of form.

[quote]My answer. Why should you and a lot more of worthy outers keep condemning worthy when you know and i know the same eleven have not played together for the majority of games.Why is it you will not wait...[/quote]

Who shall we blame then......The Tea lady!!!!!!

Lets face it in his recent post match interviews Worthy was sounding as if he might have lost the dressing room.

As for Robert Green and Dean Ashton staying at Norwich is stifling their careers especially in the case of Green''s international Career.....it said it all when Sven recalled James as the No.2 to replace the injured Chris Kirkland.

Still we shall see.

In the January Transfer Window my guess would be Saffers to Feyenoord and both Greeno and Ashton to Everton  but where ever they go it would be our loss financially and on the field of play.

Nigel Worthington is a nice chap perhaps to nice and that is his downfall.

All you supporters who want Nigel to stay, just want him to stay on the grounds of the promotion he gave us. 

Those of us who want him to go do not want him to go because of the relegation to the Championship but because of the results so far. The teams that were relegated with us are doing far better than us.

The Bookies had us favourites to go up but today they have us favourites to go down. I only hope they can be wrong twice.

Chris        

[quote]Sorry to spoil your point, Allways, but we have seen Leon this season. And as I remember, he was absolutely godawful - another sign of either poor coaching, poor man-management or poor selection if h...[/quote]

Now your clutching at straws one game or was it two. He has had personal problems to deal with as well so i dont think he would have been fully focused.Leon gives you 150 per cent effort does a lot of the donkey work for ashton that is why they have such a good partnership.thats also why most of carrow road sing his name for most of the match.

muhahahahaha........such a good partnership.......hahahahah, based on what exactly??   A few goals towards the end of an awful Premiership season.  I  can''t even beleive your post has earned 5 pages worth of replies with such awful points being made from the outset.  I had refrained from replying as your opening statement telling us all to shut up was childish at best.  However, you have stooped to new levels of comedy by making Leon out to be a player we miss, he is a nice lad and does indeed put 150% in to every minute, but he is the worst striker I have seen play in the Championship for the last 2 seasons, we would have been better off with Iwan.

The facts are there; Worthy''s record over the last 2 seasons is absolutely awful.   The entire basis for his defence, according to you, is that he has injuries.   IT IS HIS FAULT THAT WE DON''T HAVE ANY DECENT COVER, fact, end of.   The buck stops with Worthy.

[quote]muhahahahaha........such a good partnership.......hahahahah, based on what exactly?? A few goals towards the end of an awful Premiership season. I can''t even beleive your post has earned 5 pages w...[/quote]

So please answer me this if leon is as bad as you say how come as i say in my post the majority of the crowd at norwich respect him.With regard to injuries and cover were is all the money coming from to buy all this extra cover you go on about.There is a balance to what you can spend un;ess you would like the club to do what the binners did and end up were they have not a pot to p*** in and slowly sinking.How you cant rate leon is beyond me you obviously know very little about decent players and even less about decent managers. i dont know why i keep saying this over and over fact is we have not fielded the same eleven for most of the season due to injuries. Most of them coming in one of the most inportant positions midfield. So i will say once again nicely this time please keep of worthys back until he has the side at full strength. Then it just might be fair enough to judge him on results he gets then.

I will answer your question.   The crowd respects all the players and will support all of them from whistle to whislte.   Leon has gained mucho respect for scoring against the binners and Norwich fans will like him just for that.   However, that does not automatically make him a World beater.   As I said he is a nice lad who most definitely runs his heart out for us, but he doesn''t have the skills needed to bag loads of goals.   Hey he is only young and hopefully he can only get better, but I don''t think results would have been any different with him fit.

What you and most of the people on this board who are backing Worthy seem to forget or more to the point seem to ignore, is the fact that we all support the team and always will.   Just because we have lost faith in Worthy it doesn''t mean we don''t support the team anymore.   Hell if I met Worthy in a pub I would still resepct the man and shake his hand, get his autograph etc, but I simply think he has taken this club as far forwards (and now backwards) as he can.    Injuries or no injuries, he has had plenty of time to build a decent squad that would compete at this level and the fact is he hasn''t, the squad we have now is too thread bare to compete in the Championship.   This is not down to board money, it is down to who he brought in over the last few seasons and who he has let go.   Okay there could be undelying board pressure to reduce wages etc., but I don''t believe that.

Worthy backers have taken it on themselves to attack and argue against any decent point raised by people that openly state they have lost faith in Worthy.   We are all fans, we all spend money on this club and we should be able to discuss points.

i cant agree with whats been said against Leon... he has skill, pace, is physically very strong (due to his boxing background id imagine) and is a top class athlete... i reckon theres 1 or 2 of the bigger premiership clubs whod kill to have a player of Leons ability in their club....

Ok so maybe he does baloon somewhat easy shots, but hes pulling defenders this way and that and crfeating chances for others, I personally dont care if leon never scores again for us.. if he gets 10-15 or even 20 assists a season then as far as im concerened he''s doing his job....

He isnt hero Worshipped just because he scored against the inbreds... he''s worshipped because the fans recognise a good honest pro who works hard and wants rewards and success... keep it up Leon!

jas :)

Hi Charlie''s Dad, no, sorry I am still looking for my life, but have found it to be somewhat shattered and battered, must have got an injury at work and am, in all honesty, just too tired to do anything about it.  [|-)] [|-)]