Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

Marney and Davenport

yes we can

and to davenport, yes we can aswell, but only if both teams agree, which i doubt tottenham will

No and No.  Marney is on a season long loan (same situation as Bentley when he got injured) so cannot go back.  We can only have Davenport for 3 months, then we either have to send him back or make the loan permenant)  Spurs will want to recoup most of the £3m they laid out, so I think this is a no go.

We aren''t allowed to extend Davenports loan under any circumstances. Would have to buy him in January.

Marney has gone back to be treated... like Bentley last season can presumably return for the last part of deal in about February...

Still, there'' s lots of cover in right midfield, isnt there?

Why there''s ... and erm... er... whatsisname, the tall one..., oh no he''s dead...not forgetting...um...well...

Is cedric anselin available?

Worthy: The Champion Squad Builder TM

Sounds like he''s gone back already, and for good come to that. Pretty sure we''ve either got to buy Davenport in January or send him back. Similar to the Crouch situation two years back

How many people actually think Davenport will want to sign perminantly in January. We are below mid-table and thier is a lot of uncertanty at the club about the manager and certain players. Personnally I believe that Shacks is as good as Davers and could do a job on the left side of centre-defence. However we do need a new up and comeing defender to give competition to Shacks and Doc as Fleming is some way off that and IMO isnt decent enough cover to have. I think a player like Nathan Clarke from Huddersfield would be perfect for us, young, quick, tall, strong and good on the ball. We should do a double swoop for Nathan Clarke and Pawell Abbott at Huddersfield as both are top young players and both would jump at the chance and give thier all to play for Norwich City.

Personnaly I am more worried about the right winger that we dont have, even when Marney was fit. We need a player who can beat a player, cross and cover the right back. Jay Tabb anyone.

Targets; Nathan Clarke, Jay Tabb, Pawell Abbott. All good young players who would improve the sqaud/starting 11 and would want to play for us unlike some players at the moment. And all could be picked up quite cheaply.