Sign in to follow this  
USA Canary

Cheerful Posts Here!!!

With all the doom and gloom...I''m at the point now where I have to think of something good to make me feel better and get my mind off the current situation. 

If you have some good moments to cherish to give us all a warm fuzzy, please post them here.

I''ll start off with our 2-0 win against Man United last year.  That has to rank up there as one of my favorite moments at Carrow Road. 

[quote]With all the doom and gloom...I''m at the point now where I have to think of something good to make me feel better and get my mind off the current situation. If you have some good moments to cherish...[/quote]

Safris rocket against Newcastle

Steenos similar effort agains coventry

Goss against Bayern and or leeds.

Aaaah  - drifts into bliss like state... 

Quote: With all the doom and gloom...I''m at the point now where I have to think of something good to make me feel better and get my mind off the current situation. If you have some good moments to cherish...

Well, first of all, Father Christmas is clearly a really nice man...

Kittens are quite nice also...so is a warm fire (er...not if made of burning kittens)..., the rich aroma of fresh coffee in the morning is a good thing...so is finding money in the street (especially if it isnt yours)...i personally feel anna friel has a lot to offer the world too...particularly in swimwear...oh, and isn''t it great when you have a day off work for the snow?

The 200 mile journey home from Carrow Road - after a great result and performance!!!

It seems like 15 minutes instead of 15 hours, listening to 606, basking in some limelight (Man Utd at home last season, Birmingham at home last season and the belief that it might just prove to be a miracle, Wigan at home the season before and virtually guaranteeing promotion, and even further back Southampton at home in the FA Cup 1/4 finals - winning in extra time - and a never to be forgotten night against Bayern Munich too).

What odds a "short" journey tomorrow night??!

THREE THAT SPRING TO MIND

1) EADIE GOAL VERUS PORT VALE ON RETURN FROM INJURY, WHAT A GOAL!!

2) BOXING DAY & THAT HUCKERBY UNVEILING MOMENT!!! MAGIC!

3) ROSARIO GOAL OF THE SEASON AGAINST SOUTHAMPTON!!!

teehee, with a big headline

"Worthy is pants" on the front?

Oh and another couple........Adrian Coote presenting the trophies at Cromer Youth awards ceremony - he was professional, articulate and superb with everyone who wanted some of his time, staying till well after he was supposed to. Shame he didn''t make it ''cos I have never met a nicer bloke.

Watching the birth of Arsene Wengers Arsenal in a pre-season friendly when it seemed as if Arsenal had fifteen players on the pitch.

David Ginola scoring a stunning goal in another pre-season game against Spurs and then holding the coach up until every autograph had been signed, chatting to all the children/swooning girls with a smile on his face (why is someone that talented so bloody good looking?!)

Watching Gossy concentrate like mad marking Eric Cantona at Gunny''s testimonial only to turn around and find Monsieur Cantona several yards away and setting up chance after chance with sublime skill. I know I shouldn''t ''cos he played for Man U but it was a lesson in how to control a game watching Eric that night.

1. Losing 4-5 to Southampton! I know we lost but the ball just pinged from one penalty area to the other and the goals kept on coming - Sutton, Crook, Goss and Matthew Le Tissier all playing brilliantly. Great stuff!

2. Flecky''s goal on returning to Carrow Road - the place went completely bonkers.

3. 1-4 to 4-4 against Boro - I was a guest in the Pink Un box and had a brilliant day!

4. Watching Bryan Gunn take his place in goal only days after the death of his daughter - what a man and what a reminder that there are far more important things in this world than football.

5. Watching Cureton & Akinbiyi score squillions of goals playing for the reserves and believing we were watching the future strikeforce of Norwich City.

6. Arriving for the Palace game with only just enough money for my ticket (I was poor and yes you could buy tickets at the game then) when Robert Chase came out and announced that, due to bad behaviour by Spurs fans during the previous game in the Barclay, entrance was free!

Any victory over Ipswich and recently there have been lots.

On the Englad front - beating Germany 5-1 over there would be hard to top!

Getting Huckerby on loan was pretty good, he and Crouch and Harper kick started our season and the football in those three months has been the best under Nigel.

His unveiling on Boxing Day has to be one of my best recent memories.

Before that, I suppose all the European games, and some of the football under Mike Walker in 1992-3 was just amazing and we will never (well seems like it at the moment) see football of that quality again.  That was some team.

4-2 at Arsenal, 4-0 at Leeds. 

Ian Crook.  Why didn''t we clone him while we had the chance?