Sign in to follow this  
oh huckerby

ANY THREADS BACK FROM THE AGM?

This is my brief report from the AGM.

1. NO protests at all outside

2. Huge turnout - almost 600 shareholders

3. Worthy had almost overwhelming support (as did the Board). There were some slightly more probing questions but by and large any ''anti Worthy'' comment was muted and very restrained.

4. Although I would not say that the meeting was ''stage managed'', I am very much of the opinion that Peter Wolsey was ''given'' the floor first. He is a very loyal supporter going back to 1947 and is NCFC 100%. BUT, he is also Smith and Worthy 100%. His speech was eloquent and powerful. I felt it ''intimidated'' any opposition - not in a nasty or underhand manner but if someone leads the debate with his fervour and ability to command the audience, I for one felt almost in a minority of 1 if I then was to stick my hand up. He received large applause and that set the tone for the evening.

5. Worthy - he looked strangely uneasy throughout, his answers were quite vague to some questions and the underlying message was the usual ...''got to pull together, got to work hard, hopefully it will turn around, we''re not having the rub of the green'' etc. The only time he got worked up was in a withering attack on people like us on message boards who spread ''damaging and personal rumours'' about individual players. Again, I must have missed something here becuase I am unaware of this sort of rumour on this board but I don''t have the time to religiously trawl through every post!  the only thing I can think of is the Leon v Damo thing.

6. At the end the Board were clearly relieved to have received ''tremendous suppot''   

Yellow Rider,

Some guy outside the ground said he was expecting 2,000 protestors to turn up. I guess the other 1,999 forgot to tell him they weren''t going to bother...

As for rumours on the internet, that''s one of the reasons why this board is moderated.

Yellow Rider

Stage managed it was, but not exactly done Hollywood style.

As you say, it was largely pro Worthy, though I believe it may have got more interesting had the questions gone on, am I cynical in thinking a promo video was used to take up expected sticky question time?

I don''t think it was particularly great PR, considering what we have had from Munby in the past.  He looked ill at ease at the end and clearly glad to call the meeting to a close.  Speaking personally now, no one reassured me that things will change or become better.  Yes, a few wins can bring us points, but it will only again paper over cracks.  Why are we not performing?  Well it''s all down to injuries apparently, so given the full team will be there for a few games now (hopefully) we should see some improvement.