Sign in to follow this  
YGB

Dear jesus we are missing Damo and matty jonson for that matter

I personnaly think we are missing Damo so much this season and we have been stiched up 1.5 mill shocking decision. With his goals from midfield and how he battles and creates. Matty jonson would be tremendous in this league as well. We need to buy and buy well in january. To even have an outside chance of the play offs.

We need to buy player that will improve the sqaud. We need an solid centre back as Davers will leave, a right back as Colin IMO is weak, A right winger as we dont have one at the club, a left winger as Huckerbys cover for Drury exposes us, an attacking centre-mid to replace Francis and also a keeper to replace Green and a striker to replace Ashton as I believe they will be sole. My suggestions,

Lee Camp, John Halls, Nathan Clarke, Jay Tabb, Richie Partridge, Davod Vaughan, Dickson Etuhu and Pawell Abbot. There are many good players outt thier who would omprove the sqaud and wouldnt cost the world we just havnt looked properly.

[quote]I personnaly think we are missing Damo so much this season and we have been stiched up 1.5 mill shocking decision. With his goals from midfield and how he battles and creates. Matty jonson would be tr...[/quote]

you are so right, he was worth something like 2.5 maybe 3, not 1.5. We were ripped of by nigel, if he had to go, he could still have asked for a better price.

To be honest, i think worthington is trying to do one over us!

nah he isnt really, just having a (very very very) bad spell

We were ripped off by Nigel, AJ?!  I usually respect and agree with you, this time I hope you''re being sarcastic to the guff the first poster was saying :-)

We don''t miss Matty Jonson. We miss having a Right Winger (Kevin Harper was the last ok RW at the club). Marney, like Jonson is / was played out of position.

The price we got for Francis was fair, given the circumstances. No team is going to fork out 3 million for a midfielder who played a handfull of good games in the premiership

Steady on Robbo - you''re talking too much sense for the (seeming) majority of posters. Whenever - i.e. every bloody time - I saw Francis play, he cruised around for most of the game. He was interested in attacking, but he didn''t do the central midfielder''s bit of breaking up the opposition''s attacks, winning the ball and initiating attacks for us. By and large, a waste of space. And it got worse towards the end of last season, for whatever reason. He had to go.

And Jonson.... does anyone really think that with Jonson in the side, we''d be better off? Sorry - lovely bloke no doubt, and tried really really hard, and OK, we never saw him in the middle where he was probably best, but..... please!

Francis was a great player for us, put his foot in around the middle of the park and was able to drive forward and put it in the net. Before his arrival we were average, during his stay we could count on him to pop up with the important goal to get the three points. Now we don''t have that, Safri''s goal record is slim, Hughes is a waste of 500K while Jarret is this years Keith Briggs.

Jonson on the other hand was the only player I''ve seen ever get Player of the month purely for getting the nark in one game and wearing a bandage

Ho Hum

Sorry NCFC but i totally disagree with your comments -

"Before his arrival (Francis) we were average",

The guy was in the team at the start of the promotion season, when we were still average. I suppose you are going to say it was him that got us promoted next :-)

Francis'' reputation from non-norwich fans is based around the sky match at Man Utd, when some fool of a commentator compared him to Vieira after he made a strong challenge (probably the only one of the season), and that fact that pre-xmas he was the only bugger who could score, and so when Norwich scored on skysportssaturday, everyone said "Francis is banging them in for norwich".

Do you not forget the last 4 months when he dissapeared?!

I agree 100% that we need a new a new attacking midfielder, but to say he was a great player for us his highly contentious

[quote]I personnaly think we are missing Damo so much this season and we have been stiched up 1.5 mill shocking decision. With his goals from midfield and how he battles and creates. Matty jonson would be tr...[/quote]

Francis was one of the five best players at the club in the past five years. We wouldn''t have won the league without him.

Before he came we were average, we had no goals coming from midfield and therefore finished 8th. In promotion season he was the player who could pop up with a goal when no one else was firing and nick a 1-0 win. Yes the new signings also pushed it forward. In the Prem season I can forgive his below par performances in the last few months becuase without his goals we wouldn''t even have been in with a shout at Fulham

[quote]We were ripped off by Nigel, AJ?! I usually respect and agree with you, this time I hope you''re being sarcastic to the guff the first poster was saying :-) We don''t miss Matty Jonson. We miss having...[/quote]

indeed sarcasm robbo!

generally i was glad to see the back of francis, given the time we were all fuming about him, and also if the rumours ive heard are true.... well hmm lets say that it is best he went.

To be honest, its not all bad but we do miss him, worthy replaced him with jarret and he just isnt at his best at the moment, hopefully over time he will settle

and to everyone who after a whole season still cant get it right, its Jonson

J    O     N   S   O   N!

sweedish, pronounced YONSON

Jonson was a good player and I think he would have been even better this season for us.   Certainly better than Marney.

Who said Hughes was a waste of £500k, that''s rubbish.  I bet you loved Holt, well with Hughes you get the 3 lungs and some actual passing ability IMO.  Hughes was one of 4 players Saturday that gave it everything and then some for the club, he was then the only player to run round the entire pitch clapping the fans, where was Fleming the club captain?   Just a shame Hughes can''t shoot or we could have 2-0 up with 20 minutes gone.

[quote]Before he came we were average, we had no goals coming from midfield and therefore finished 8th. In promotion season he was the player who could pop up with a goal when no one else was firing and nick...[/quote]

Yes he got goals, but as a central midfielder the most important part of his job is preventing opposition attacks forming by early tackles. He did very little of that and left a big hole in a crucial area, and that was a big reason why we conceded so many goals, So on balance, he lost us more goals than he scored.