Sign in to follow this  
ZLF

Too many plusses and positives

what a article - 3 consecutive defeats - doesnt Birmingham count??  Not looking for sympathy - thats exactly what it is.

Can someone please remind me of what the too many plusses and positives have been this season?

45 mins agains Hull?  The re-emergence of WLY, the discovery that Doc can defend, just how good Safri is (a double edged sword that one - just how reliant on him we are).  Have I missed a shed load that would outweigh what we have seen on the pitch.

Or does, for this season only, the league table lie?

This article is another lame attempt by the PR team to keep the good spin going.  What about giving us some honest assessment and a little insight into where the team needs to improve rather than regurgitating the same old bland nothingness Worthy?  Are you looking for midfield replacements given Marney injury?  Have you asked Spurs if they will ed the loan contract eaarly so we can sign some one else long term? 

OTBC

[quote]what a article - 3 consecutive defeats - doesnt Birmingham count?? Not looking for sympathy - thats exactly what it is. Can someone please remind me of what the too many plusses and positives have b...[/quote]

Cup games shouldn''t really count as they aren''t a ''fair'' reflection - there is no consideration of who the game was against (ie A Prem side) - what I mean is, when people were moaning about our poor start to the season, when we beat MK Dons many were quick to point out that Cup games were irrelevant so surely it works both ways?!

Positives are always there in any performance - Hendo''s recent form is one, the relatively successful pairing of Doc/Calum is another....erm, ok there aren''t too many and clearly the positives are outnumbered by negatives (poor finishing, general poor form of too many players, injuries/lack of squad depth etc etc) but on the eve/day of a game you wouldn''t expect the manager to focus on those would you?

Worthy does mention loans, I''d hope it is obvious that he''d be trying to bring people in - but equally it is clear that sides don''t necessarily want to let decent players go, so you are left looking through the non-first teamers which isn''t necessarily great, and remember for every Hucks/Crouch successful loan signing there are many more of the Elvis Hammond/Trevor Benjamin/Des Hamilton types!!

It shows how bad things have got if "45 minutes against Hull" is being sited as one of the positives. Clutching at straws anyone?