Sign in to follow this  
A pompey yellowandgreen

Chris Sutton

I heard Blackburn are looking to sign him in this transfer window. If we do go up I''d love to see him back in a City shirt. How about Henrik Larsson. With this pairing and a few tweaks to the defence and midfield and we''d definately stay up there. We can only hope.

I''ve heard people say the opposite, that he wanted to come back to City towards the end of his career. Don''t know if there''s any truth in either statement.

After the Tim shepherd testimonial against Celtic, Chris ‘Trigger’ Sutton was on radio Norfolk and confirmed that he would indeed one day like to return to Norwich and yes, it was to play football. This can also be confirmed by the Bury Belvoir who’s company I was once against subjected to that night.

I am sure I will get shot down in flames when I say that in my ever so humble opinion he is the best outfield player to ever put on the ‘Green n Yella’ no doubt the likes of Heraldo will pour scorn on such suggestions as clearly there will be heroes from our days at the Nest who were far better.

I don''t know if there''s any truth regarding whether CS wants to return to Norwich in the future or not, but I do know that he spends quite a bit of time down here in the summer (as does his brother, John) as they turn out for Drayton C. C. in the Hansells Norfolk League several times over the season. Both are more than decent cricketers too. Perhaps the fact that he does spend time here means that he wouldn''t mind a return to NCFC. Who knows?

As this is my first post on here this year, Happy New Year everyone!