Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Supporting Worthy will kill this club!

This is aimed at you ''yes men'' who attended last nights AGM and supported Worthy.

Well done!, and I trust you''re all proud of yourself.

By your course of action, ie. allowing an inept manager to remain at large, you have written off this season and IMO done untold damage to the club and its players.

After the Cardiff game, if we lose again, be proud, you were part of its failure!.

a staged managed AGM.. carefully worded press statements. what chance do fans who see things different have.

I hope they are proud when we are playing 1st Div next season

First Wizard

I attened the AGM and can tell you, although it was largely pro Worthy, he did have some questions which he found uncomfortable and so did Munby.  Munby certainly wasn''t his usual slick self. 

But I have to say you can''t blame pro Worthy folk for what is happening at the club.  They are simply fans, like you and me who share a different opinion.  No fan (except those on the board) have the power to change things. As fans we have the chance to implement change by letting them now we are unhappy. Believe me, Wiz, they know that. 

I saw last night what I expected to see.  But they are concerned, believe me. 

If we lose tonight, I don''t expect anything to change, when it will happen, if things don''t improve is when we are due to renew our tickets.  By then all may be lost, just my way of seeing things, so don''t count on it being correct.  I just think that if the board have to act, it will be then.  They do have a large and long contract to pay off, balanced with what they might lose as a result of relegation.  If things improve on the pitch, of course it will all be alright again (in their eyes anyway, so no action will happen).

[quote]This is aimed at you ''yes men'' who attended last nights AGM and supported Worthy. Well done!, and I trust you''re all proud of yourself. By your course of action, ie. allowing an inept manager to rem...[/quote]

You''re such a bloody drama queen Wiz!

If people who actually part own the club wish to back the manager, then that is entirely their own business - and I don''t think that as somebody so intolerent to others'' opinions and views, your thoughts are particularly going to change their minds.

Really, regardless of his managerial capabilities, Worthy does make sense regarding the message boards - things seem to have reached almost an hysterical level now, to the point where people apparently want the majority shareholders (who''ve put a lot of their own personal money into the club) to sell up and leg it; ridiculous if you ask me.

I also find it quite amusing that people on the boards are now trying to indicate that the AGM was staged/fixed in some way by the board (which is possible, but pretty unlikely IMO), rather than just accepting the logical explanation that perhaps more supporters, or shareholders at least, are behind the club''s current management that is shown by the level of postings on the message boards.

[quote]Wiz, Opinions are like Ars**oles, most people have one, it''s that some are just bigger than others![/quote]

Lol, but it doesn''t alter the results does it Yella?.

I was at the AGM last night and there were a lot of ligitimate questions asked, some of which were answered honestly, some in the usual PR manner.

The most annoying thing though, and the most TYPICAL was that none of the people grumbling under their breath around the edges of the meeting had the balls to stand up and actually say anything. They''ll be the same people who''ll boo Worthy from the protection of the stands and run away to pub complaining about our ''disgraceful'' team. None of them voted against the board, either, which they should have done of they don''t believe the cub is being run in the maner they think it should. Gutless wonders, the lot of them.

[quote]First Wizard I attened the AGM and can tell you, although it was largely pro Worthy, he did have some questions which he found uncomfortable and so did Munby. Munby certainly wasn''t his usual slick ...[/quote]

I should add, that only 600 shareholders turned up out of 6000!. Hardly a true reflection of opinions is it?.

You''re exactly right Wiz.  If we lose tonight nothing will happen.  If we lose on Saturday nothing will happen.  What will it take for something to happen?  A 6-0 hammering?  Bottom of the league?  Relegation?  When will enough be enough? 

This is a rather interesting thread, but also one of the saddest I have ever read - it now seems that anyone who has a different viewpoint than some on here isn''t allowed to exist, even outside the cosseted world of the MB.

I am not particularly a Worthy apologist - I can see both sides of the argument - but some of the stuff that''s spouted on these Boards really is just tripe, so much so that I end up sounding like a pr person for the club just because I can see the reasons for keeping Worthy.

The thing that will kill this Club is in-fighting and pointless campaigns against everyone from the Management to the Board, but some are too far down the moaning road to realise.  I am of the school that the best thing to do in a bad situation is to take stock and not panic - I am glad that some of you aren''t in a position of power for I would fear for anyone who fails to live up to expectation for just one moment.