Sign in to follow this  
Saint Canary

Appraisal Time

October was the month that my company does employee appraisals.  During mine it was discussed how I had performed over the last year and targets were set for the coming year.

I really would be interested as to what (if one took place) was said to Worthy during his appraisal in the close season.  What targets do you think you think he has set by the board, a minimum of 6th place? 

You''re absolutely right Saint!

I posted on this subject in the early summer under heading ''Too much back slapping''. My view is that no such meeting ever took place or, at least if it did, was an eulogy of self congratulation and mutual appreciation. If any ''planning'' was mentioned at all it was probabably limited to Roger Munby asking Worthy to let him know of any likely transfer targets and the Board ...''would see what they could do''. Worthy should have been left under no illusions that MANY fans were furious at the exclusion of Helveg, Shackell and Safri until it was too late, to say nothing of the humiliation at The Cottage.

I have said before that whilst all this ''togetherness'' is admirable, the Board are ''too close'' to ''Nigel, Steve and Doug''. This is a particularly fine line to tread but I believe the Board are far too blinkered and now have themselves blocked in a cul de sac due to the contract(s) they bestowed on these gentlemen.   

My observations last night were that despite our poor performances this season, the Board are just as much in bed with Worthy as previously. Everything is someone elses fault be it ''inuries, rub of the green or difficulty in motivating a relegated team''!!