Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

Just to change the subject on here...

Everything lately on this board is either about Worthy or the AGM so I thought I''d change the subject.

This is a really stupid question as I have supported Norwich all my life but I have never known why Paul McVeigh and the word ''WLY'' are put in the same sentence. When someone tells me why I think I''m going to laugh my head off!

he he he

Sorry to disappoint Canary Boy but it''s not an amusing answer.

It all comes from his song "We Love You Paul McVeigh" - just take the first letter from the first three words of the song and there you have it W, L, Y.

The song goes...

We love you Paul McVeigh
And when you can be bothered you are the most naturally talented player we have
But your ability will probably go unfulfilled in the glorious nature that can be Irish players at this club like Keith O''Neill and Mulryne
We wish you would grit your teeth and stay on the right side of the boss even though it is possibly not entirely your fault
You should know by now that you need to work your behind off and then you may be allowed to display your skills
Please cross the ball so Deano can score

No-one said it was catchy. 

If this is classed as a rumour i will be more than happy to meet Mr Worthington for lunch - as long as I can wear a fake beard and a hat to disguise my identity.

"not entirely his fault". McVeigh has been given more than enough chances in the last two years, and is simply bone idle. We''ve played him up front, just behind the front two, left wing, right wing, and he still just doesn''t put the effort in. Not wanting to be accused of rumour instigation, but Worthy (who almost never criticises players) said McVeigh wasn''t working hard enough last season, and from what I have heard, and seen, he spent a year on the sauce.

I only put the "not entirely his fault" bit to appease both the pro and anti Worthy brigade - give them both somehting to latch onto.

There is a fine line between rumours and the truth. 

The truth being that the players do not go to Delaneys as much now that it is under different ownership.

I told Macca on here earlier in the year to take up a jigsaw hobby - I know players have a lot of spare time but surely they can apprecaite they are a long time retired and should try hard for the 18 years that is their working life. 

My real name is Orlando P Gonzalez if anyone from the club comes asking.