[quote]its clear that there are a lot of posters on here and other boards that show this man little or no respect as a manager and formally a player, now constructive criticism is welcomed when things are no...[/quote]

Rainbowchaser, for the sake of a shortish post and because his playing careeer is not in question, I will skip that bit, or leave for another debate.

However, his managerial career.

Blackpool. Ermm, yes, not exactly the sort of thing I would want on my CV, I think.  And there you are, long ball game.  Lovely.

Assisting Howard Wilkinson, soon turning into Howard Wilkinson.  Again, sometimes successful, but oh please, not at Norwich.  We play lovely football, it''s in our club song for God''s sake.

Yes, we had a great time in th Play Offs, can''t argue with achievement that year, but the next one was pretty much a non event.  Were we all expecting too much I wonder?

Promotion season will go down as his best spell, and we played and beat most teams we met, sure it was wonderful stuff and now, sadly it seems Worthy and the Board got a little complacent and even worse, the Board then planned for a lovely little trip to Arsenal, etc, but hey, only for a year and good old Norwich, we can''t possibly sustain this, so let''s not budget for it and just accept we will go down.

And so we did.  Can''t wholy blame Nigel for the Board''s ambitions, but I do for some of his tactics whilst we were there.  Gary Holt instead of Safri anyone?  Goals conceded, oh god it isn''t good reading is it!

Shame this piece doesn''t go on to say what has happened this season, the highlight being the win over Hull!  Or Ipswich, who, bless them are even worse than us.

Sadly Rainbowchaser, I cannot say I have a better football career resume than Nigel cos I am a lady and not likely to land any managerial post in a world full of men.  However, perhaps me as manager would motivate the team, surely they would get changed quick!! 

Worthy is tactically naive, he is unable to motivate a team which should be performing a hell of a lot better than they are, his coaching credentials as highlighted above are of a Howard Wilkinson disciple.  Yes, well don''t expect to see the ball on the floor very much.  No thanks, I would take the old Norwich way of passing it to a member of your own team on the floor, midfield triangles, pass and move, playing through a midfield playmake  a la Ian Crook - oh God, now I am dreaming, I haven''t seen Norwich play like that since

Wednesday night, reserves V Leicester, our very own Academy team.  Dave Williams, please come to our rescue!

Great post Gazza

Who on earth would claim that association with Howard Wilkinson makes them a great manager?

What beats me is that there appear to be so many of us who are satisfied that NW took us to promotion only to get us promptly relegated.   Relagation should never have happened - we had plenty of chances to avoid it and the fact that we ended up needing to win ONE, yes ONE away game should never have come into the equation.   He failed us badly last season - and he''s carried on where he left off this season.    What makes a successful manager - sustained success like Ferguson, Paisley, Wenger etc.   One brief flurry followed by abject failure does not make a manager successful.

GET RID - NOW!

Well the way i see it is, worthy is not all to blame he can only tell the players how he wants them to play and as we keep hearing that they are all in it together .

So if all the protesting by the fans get''s worthy the sack how many under performing players should go with him Hucks, ashton, green,etc this his is first crisis so i think he should be given 5 games to sort it out?

Someone posts one of these "You watch, we''ll win today/tonight and you''ll all be wanting him to stay" posts before every game.

Yes, we may well win tonight. I really hope we stuff those absolute scum-buckets because I genuinely dislike them.

But it won''t disguise the fact that we have not been playing football, are not improving as a team and don''t seem to be able to find the answers when things go wrong on the pitch.

Just reitarting this post. I am so bloody annoyed with all the worthy haters! You should be ashamed!!!!!!!!

[quote]Just reitarting this post. I am so bloody annoyed with all the worthy haters! You should be ashamed!!!!!!!!

Well,

I''m proud to be a wothy outer, he''s ruined the club that I love!.

Why should you be annoyed at me for wanting a change in manager?   In my opinion Nige has under performed and I think a new manager will get better results with the same resources.

I have no personal axe to grind, have always felt he is a genuine individual with honesty and integrity.  I just dont think he can deliver what this club needs - to turn the club around from its current run and keep us in the premiership if he achieves re-promotion. 

I would be delighted to eat humble pie if he can prove me wrong as that is the best outcome for my club.

I don''t have the same anger for your own rational views, even though the differ from mine.  We both have the clubs best interests at heart.  

OTBC