Sign in to follow this  
Buncey

The Dark Side Of Worthington

There are lot''s of posts about Worthington and how he should be sacked/resign, however I foresee a more worrying problem. He has become obnoxious and I feel that Worthy will not be resigning. I was quite insulted after the QPR game when he came out with comments that the fans are no good, but we have stuck by him through dreadful football over the past 12 months and that not many clubs can boast a 95% attendance every home game with a team languishing at the foot of the Championship.

I remember a quote from a while back after the QPR game saying that If everybody at the club had as much fight as me we would not be in this position.

“I think it''s disgusting and an absolute disgrace that people should stoop as low as that. It''s an easy thing to do because they don''t even put their name to what they are saying. They just stick something on a website, message board or whatever - and then run off." A harsh insult coming from the manager who has covered up several major problem issues at the club over the past year.

I''m a concerned Canary who feels the manager has pushed me over the edge.

Hmm, I''m suspicious now of new users with few posts to their name coming on here just for a bit of flaming... but at the risk of biting when I''d do best to avoid:

I think Worthy''s quite right. Exactly how are the fans supporting the team at the moment? There were people around me in the Barclay block C on Saturday (and I expect it will be the same tonight) trying desperately to get some chants/songs going, but were met with a lacklustre response. Many perhaps felt too despondent to join in I guess.

Of course we ''pay our money and have the right to our opinions'' but with a deafening silence from the fans we can hardly be claiming to be supporting the team. We all know what the fans can do if we get behind the team, and Greeno was doing his best to urge us to do just that, but we didn''t.

Is it the fans'' job to motivate the team or vice versa? Say what you will, but I suspect the Wednesday fans and players were the beneficiaries. And that''s hardly what we wanted... was it?*

*1st Wiz and one or two others excluded - that''s precisely what they wanted.

no offence, but coming from two n00bies.........

Worthington has no dark side, he is the friendliest chap alive, which is the problem!