Sign in to follow this  
ncfcrooferman

Nigel Worthington !!!!

Why oh why is everybody having a go at the man ???

When he took over we was in bottom half of division 1 had no money and on our way to oblivion as far as i was concerned .The last 5 years under Nigel have been an amazing roll coster of many highs with  very few lows until the last 6 months . So we have had a slow start to say the least this season but from what ive seen with a little luck(something we have not had a lot of since we won the league)a few more right decisions from the man in black (who i might add get worse and worse every year )we would have been top 6 and in play off place .As we stand we are just 8 points of a play off spot .

In my view sooner rather than later we are going to go on run where we will starting winning games and one or two side are going to get hammered by us .

Nigel Worthington has done more to raise spirits and hopes and expectations of supporters of this club than any other manger I can think of in the 30 years I have supported them.Yes i know people will point to the milk cup and europe but at that stage the club was not in the mess it was when Worthy took charge !!!! In 2001 we were watching great players (NOT) like Derveld,Walsh and Tony Cottee now we Ashton,Huckerby and Safri and the like all really top drawer players Worthy has persuaded to come to this great club.

So why dont we all unite behind the manager and the football club stop all this bickering and come May we will all be enjoying a great day out at the new Wembley and another season amongst the alleged elite of the premiership.

"So why dont we all unite behind the manager and the football club stop all this bickering and come May we will all be enjoying a great day out at the new Wembley and another season amongst the alleged elite of the premiership."

Well, rooferman, it''s because more and more people think that scenario ain''t gonna happen under this manager. After yesterday''s display, it''s not difficult to see why.

[quote]Why oh why is everybody having a go at the man ??? When he took over we was in bottom half of division 1 had no money and on our way to oblivion as far as i was concerned .The last 5 years under Nige...[/quote]

One of the worse ''nothing is wrong'' type posts I''ve ever read.

You really should wake up and smell the coffee mate, we are quite frankly in an God awful mess.

A few weeks ago, pro worthy supporters in denial posters, kept saying "Only four points off the playoffs" now its only eight points off, after Tuesday it could well be only eleven points off. Jeez!.

Well understand these statistics, 11 wins in 56 games, and one, yes one point, of relegation.

Hello?.

"When he took over we was in bottom half of division 1 had no money and on our way to oblivion as far as i was concerned."

Yes you''re right Worthington has moved us forward. When he took over we were 20th in the first division and looking likely for relegation. Today we are 20th in the championship/first division and looking likely for relegation. Don''t get me wrong he HAS done a lot for us. A lot of good and also a lot of bad. Unfortunately the bad is now taking over and he has to go. He did a great job taking us up but unfortunately we are about to suffer a second consecutive relegation if he isn''t sacked ASAP!

Well financially worthy hasnt done anything,that was the fans and the board.

Personally i dont care if he took us up to the prem & back down again because at the end of the day we have played 16 championship games so far,(i believe that to be a 3rd of a season?)and things have not improved.16 goals in 16 games is not a great figure for any team,let alone this seasons championship favourites.

The players are not gelling & playing for the manager

worthy has to go and go now

Rooferman, are you a Binner or just plain blind? Do you want us playing Conference football before you "wake up and smell the coffee", as Wiz put it?

The team is in a catastrophic mess and it''s down to Worthington, who should have been sacked 5 or 6 games ago. You''re right, we have some wonderful players, but look how this management team is eroding their confidence and ability with every game.  

lets use some basic facts and figures because some of you are having trouble here.

11 wins out of 54
took over the club 20th, now oh look still 20th. what a five year
plan I will push us forward in these five years from 20th to 20th.
spent more cash than any city manager.
has players like green, ashton and safri and were still playing
as bad as when we had cottee,walsh and co.
one point of relegation.
16 points from 16 games, not a blip, not unlucky, tell me how you can
be unlucky for 16 games I''d like to know.

This "11 wins in 56" nonsense. If you''re going to combine Premiership and Championship stats then you should also be arguing that Palace and Soton should be sacking Dowie and Redknapp since they are obviously as fundamentally poor as Worthy (based on their wins/points total over the last 56 games).

Now if you think only 4 wins from 16 is grounds for dismissal (and note Southampton have only won 5 from 16 this season, ditto Wolves), then fair enough, but at least compare apples with apples.

[quote]This "11 wins in 56" nonsense. If you''re going to combine Premiership and Championship stats then you should also be arguing that Palace and Soton should be sacking Dowie and Redknapp since they are o...[/quote]

As Wigan and West Ham, aren''t exactly struggling this year, I think we are comparing apple against apple as you put it!.

Or could it be that Juell and Pardew are better managers than NW?.

No, that is comparing last years apples with this year''s pears!

If you want to compare apples with apples, then compare similarly resourced clubs playing in the same league in the same season. That means Palace, West Brom and Southampton, last season in the premiership. And until the last day of the season we were all within a point of one another.

So enough already with the 11 in 56.

okay then taking away the apples and pears, the four wins from
sixteen that''s just peachy isn''t it, great record there,
top banana.

But rooferman, did''nt a certain D Huckerby say exactly the same as you way back in August along the lines of ...''someones'' going to get a hammering''? Check the local press for exact date.

Truth is of course it ain''t happened and is very unlikely to. If we stood off Hull in the 2nd half and scraped through 2-1 against an awful side how the hell are we ever ''going to hammer anyone'' I ask you? Apart from 2 games in the promotion season (Walsall and Derby) have we EVER hammered anyone under NW reign??

If you are looking for a ''hammering'' you are far more likely to see us on the receiving end of one surely!

[quote]okay then taking away the apples and pears, the four wins from sixteen that''s just peachy isn''t it, great record there, top banana.[/quote]

8 defeats from 16, with 9 of those game at home, a scary enough fact for anyone?

OTBC

And Southampton and Wolves only have 5 from 16 and there are no post-match demos for Redknapp/Hoddle''s resignations yet.

Yes we''re playing badly at the moment but let''s keep a sense of perspective.

[quote]8 defeats from 16, with 9 of those game at home, a scary enough fact for anyone? OTBC[/quote]

Also Zipper, according to Football League Stats we have had the most attempts at goal in this division.  214 to be exact with a total of 16 goals.  I don''t know how to take the stat, is it good because it proves we are creating chances or bad because we are missing so many?  On the same note Ashton is the player with the most attempts on goal in the league and averages a goal every 10 shots.

NCFC0405 look at where Palace and Southampton are in the League, ok so their record over 56 games might not be much better than ours, but they are still banging down the door to the premiership, whilst we are banging down the door to Ashton Gate, Bristol City.

16 games played, 4 wins, Plymouth, Hull, Ipswich and Brighton.. the "super powers" of the league! look at us go!

jas

[quote]And Southampton and Wolves only have 5 from 16 and there are no post-match demos for Redknapp/Hoddle''s resignations yet. Yes we''re playing badly at the moment but let''s keep a sense of perspective.[/quote]

Neither side has lost half their games which is why they are that much closer to the play offs. 

Losing 50% of games is relegation form pure and simple. It happened last year and is happening this year.  We are well beyond the point of it being an early season blip and the manner of the performances means it is hard to see that ratio improving in the next few games.

OTBC   

stop livin in da past we all know what he has done 4 us but are we gonna keep playin crap and then everyone sayin after da match "oh well who cares about the result he got us promoted in season 03/04" WORTHY OUT!

[quote]Why oh why is everybody having a go at the man ??? When he took over we was in bottom half of division 1 had no money and on our way to oblivion as far as i was concerned .The last 5 years under Nige...[/quote]

If this ia a vote of confidence in Worthy then I''m all for it, they usually have the desired effect.

All we need now is for the Board to proclaim a similar and public vote of confidence and he should be gone within the week.

[quote]NCFC0405 look at where Palace and Southampton are in the League, ok so their record over 56 games might not be much better than ours, but they are still banging down the door to the premiership, whils...[/quote]

"16 games played, 4 wins, Plymouth, Hull, Ipswich and Brighton.. the "super powers" of the league! look at us go!"

Come on, be fair. We beat Dereham Town six nil