Sign in to follow this  
Dicky

Best thing we can do now..

is get behind the team.  The board is sticking with Worthy and this is not going to change in the near future.

So why don''t we get behind the players and be that "12th man" that has done us so much good.  Remember Fulham and how good the fans were - I for one was very very proud to be there.

We are now in a very serious situation and every point is valuable.  We should lift the players when the walk out and when they walk back in.  It is our chance to do something for the good of the club, rather than something negative.

We all have our different opinions, but at the end of the day, we are all (or nearly all - making exceptions for mishief makers) supporters and want the club to do well. 

A friend in need, and all that....

[quote]is get behind the team. The board is sticking with Worthy and this is not going to change in the near future. So why don''t we get behind the players and be that "12th man" that has done us so much g...[/quote]

Just like Worthy Dicky, bloody insulting!.

At games, our supporters are always fully behind the team, and they don''t need to be told by you to do so!.

After we lose against Cardiff tonight, we will turn on Worthy, but we let the players be.

We always have.

I agree Dicky that we should all support the team.  I think by and large we do.  But as things stand, we are in a very precarious position and all the PR and "It''ll get better" stuff spouted by the club cannot hide the hard facts that we are not very good and are not improving.

Did you really expect to be in 20th position at this stage of the season?  I did not, given Nigel''s experience, our players and even us, the fans.  We have supported the team at every game I have been to.  Booing at the end is understandable, given some of the crap (and I use that word because a polite one won''t do justice to some of the stuff we have paid to see) we have had to endure.  Note I can''t use the word enjoy, which after all is why we all go, for entertainment and enjoyment.

I will still go, still cheer them on, and still go next season, but I am not happy.  Not happy at all at the attitude of the board that things will get better.  What if they don''t?  Then what. Do we just blindly accept League One next season? 

I accept you have a different point of view from me, and I don''t condemn you for that.  We all see things differently - what concerns me is that the Board, and the management think that things will turn the corner without any adjustments needing to be made. 

It''s all due to injuries and players taking time to bed in, apparently. 

Oh well, that''s okay, hope we don''t take too long to adjust to being in a relegation battle then.

The fans were there suppoting the team on sat just as they were at Fulham - full of voice FOR the team during the game.  But the team were abysmal in both games and got the results the teams performance deserved. 

Where was the result of positive thought in those games?  Its all well and good in theory and I do agree booing during a game does no one any good but the supporters do not win games - that is down to the manager his tactics and his players.  Fans can make a difference - but only when the craft is applied by the coaching and playing staff too.

As always I will give my full vocal backing to the 11 city men tonight - but another abject performance may lead me to boo for the first time, or not, come the final whistle.

OTBC 

Tonight is all about winning a football match. Lets whip up a real atmosphere and will the team on. We all want Worthington to turn it round and haul us up the league, however unlikely that seems, right now im pining for the feeling of a Norwich City Victory, distant memory that it has become, and all this angst isnt good for you. The time for recrininations will be after its done and dusted, this is last chance saloon for players and manager alike. The song says ''Win or Die'' For once can the players please try and emulate that spirit? WIN.

We were out sung on Saturday by a thousand or so Wednesday fans, and imagine the crap they''ve been watching week after week. I''m sorry but for the last 18 months carrow road has been decidedly quiet for long spells in the game. The fans could be a lot louder. If the players played with any kind of passion we may well get behind them. Sadly I just don''t think many of the players really give a damn.

[quote]is get behind the team. The board is sticking with Worthy and this is not going to change in the near future. So why don''t we get behind the players and be that "12th man" that has done us so much g...[/quote]

Dicky, I don''t disagree with you on getting behind the team. However, I do have to ask at what point do you as a supporter say "enough is enough", something is not right here and it needs to change for the sake of the club I hold so dear?

If we get relegated would you turn around and say we could have made a change back in November and stopped this from happening?

If we just miss out on relegation do you consider that the club is progressing, given that we''ve just had one season in the top flight?

How can any of be happy that we''ve come so far only to fall so fast?

Sure cheer the team on with all your voice but there''s nothing wrong in asking why has it all gone so pear shaped?

It was very quiet on Saturday, particularly early in the second half. I know that some fans make noise and some don''t, it''s the same with every team - but everyone responds in some way to what they see.

As far as I''m concerned, I''ll sing and shout in support of the lads while the game is going on - the fans do have some responsibility to boost the players. If the players aren''t performing then muted mumbling, slow hand-claps and boos aren''t going to motivate them, are they?

I agree that the supporters should all try to get behind the players for the duration of the game (after all, the players will still be here even if Worthy does leave), and then judge the performance on its merits at the end of the game.

I felt a twinge of inevitability after Wednesday scrambled their winner on Saturday, but I still kept shouting and supporting the team until the end (in the River End Upper, for goodness sake - not much noise up there!).

At the final whistle, I''m not ashamed to say that I booed the team off the pitch - the performance was dreadful over 90 minutes. During the game, we should encourage the players as much as we can. If the performances continue to be poor, we have every right to boo the team off the pitch at the end of the match, and those who are so inclined have every right to chant for the manager''s head. Getting on the players'' backs while they''re trying to perform isn''t going to help anyone though!

Dicky

Whilst we may not see eye to eye on many things, well done for this post.  We need to back the team to the hilt so that they can see that we CARE about the team and that we certainly have the passion - something which perhaps they need to start to understand.   Wish I could be there but I''ll have to make do with good old Ceefax!

Nice one jobian.

i personally think that the fans, certainly in the barclay give good vocal and positive support from the kick off. This inevitably drops off the longer the game goes on as you can only react to what you are watching, i.e., if the players are woeful and lacking in team spirit/fight, this speads to the fans etc.

oh good, only 3 hours to the first bridgehouse pint, i feel i am going to need a few.

i have never booed the players off.. but Saturday i came really close too for the first time!!!!

AS soon as Sheffield Wednesday scored i was berating and swearing at the team.. i was livid with them... but i soon willed them on again to get that equaliser virtually as soon as the game had restarted....

I didnt boo at the end but i did voice my disgust.

I always get behind the team, i was getting behind the team when we were losing 4-0 to Charlton in front of 9000 People at Carrow Road and that wasnt that long ago! i still get behind the team now, and will do tonite, i do agree with some other posters tho, that tonight really is the last chance saloon.

by the way, when the crowd is quiet, its worth pointing out that the pro Worthy supporters are just as quiet as the anti worthy supporters! pot calling kettle me thinks?

jas

So is this gist of this thread that it is the fans fault we lost on Sat and on 7 other times this season?

As you know I did not go on sat but my colleague who had the ticket said with the exception of the usual two nutters sat just behind me who laid into the team as they warmed up the support was throughout the game although not as loud as it can be.  

It was not negative and as our own travelling crew outsing home sides on away days it is no surprise that the reverse happens too.

Our fans base remains superb on match days - it is not our fault the club sits 20th in the league.

OTBC   

[quote]Just like Worthy Dicky, bloody insulting!. At games, our supporters are always fully behind the team, and they don''t need to be told by you to do so!. After we lose against Cardiff tonight, we will...[/quote]

pathetic response.

You really need to learn to let things go!!!!

And as for the line about tonights result, good to see that support coming through so strongly now!!?!

Getting thumped 6-0, the team are being relegated, and the fans are still singing their hearts out.

This means, Dicky, unless you haven''t noticed, that you can raise the roof with the support, but it doesn''t change results.

Big A - are you Dicky''s dad? 

[quote]Just like Worthy Dicky, bloody insulting!. At games, our supporters are always fully behind the team, and they don''t need to be told by you to do so!. After we lose against Cardiff tonight, we will...[/quote]

Wiz

I''m not having a go - honest. Its just by what you''re saying, you believe the players to be above criticism?? Can this be??

I think that when the players hear choruses of ''What a load of rubbish'' as they leave the pitch that they probably think it has somthing to do with them....and why shouldn''t it.

The manager, the coaching staff AND the players have to take collective responsibility for what is happening and only they can put it right.

I''m glad we won and I hope you are too