Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

How can anyone still defend Worthington?

We are poor today.  So so poor against a terrible Sheff Wed side.  Worthington can''t blame injuries today.  Saf back, Drury back, Thorne back.  Oh, but I suppose the work ethic and commitment were good.

How much longer do we have to put up with this rubbish?

To be honest DD injuries should not have been an excuse anyway, money was available (hence the Morrison bid) and Worthy singularly failed to use it to buy midfielders when he had the opportunity (Koumas was available for some time and there were others who would have been worth a go).

This latest result simply amplifies the crisis, I am sure we will get Worthy and a number of the players coming out with the same rhetoric as the last few weeks but it is patently obvious that things have reached a head and the change needs to be made immediately if we are to have any chance of climbing the table towards a play-off spot - I just cannot see the board making the change or Worthy walking so I am afraid we are stuck.

For the last few weeks I have been very angry at the way things have gone....now I am just sad for our club and supporters.

Mark .Y.

I can''t defend Worthy. Or Brennan, or Huckerby, or Green, or Marney, or Hughes, or Ashton. It wasn''t through lack of effort (in most cases), but they were all poor.

burley.................no way...........we have had one to many ex sc*m player/manager here........lets have a clean break............but who the hell would want to manage that shower?

I''m sure that Dicky, Always Travellin, Herb, Amarillo and a few others will have a try. I just hope that they''ve got the good grace to admit that they were wrong.

i think its a shame that one would turn down a much better manager just because he managed Ipswich. He would be managing Norwich, totally different. If Wenger managed Ipswich would you turn down the chance to have him?

dd,i couldnt agree more.we were rubbish.im sure that most other clubs would have sacked him by now.its obvious worthy is unable to motivate the players so surely it is time to change things.as adams said earlier,once you lose the dressing room then thats it.couldnt believe the way the players were bickering amongst themselves,a very weak showing

Today was a new low. The worst point the club has been at since the Hamilton days. Sheff Wed were one of the worst teams to visit Carrow Road this season, yet they emerged with their first away win of the season. The boo''s rang out long and loud at the final whistle, also chants of "What a load of rubbish" and "Are you watching Delia?" This form is totally unacceptable whether you''re Chelsea or Torquay. Worthy has to go, there can be no other option.

Sadly we will get the same old bull coming out from Worthy and the players that they are all together and that they will get us out of this mess.  Today''s game was so poor against a mediocre Sheff Wed side, but once again the opposition manager did his homework.  I didn''t boo the players off the pitch, but believe you me I found it very difficult to take any positives out of the game whilst I made the 2 hr journey home

I guess Delia needs to see us lose at home to Cardiff, and subsequently drop into a relegation place before she might consider that this great Messiah ( Worthy) is not the man to take us up the league and into the Premiership.

Whatever it costs to buy Worthy''s contract out is a small price to pay when you consider that relegation to Div 1 is looming ever closer.  I wish I could believe the pro Worthy camp who argue that we need to give him time to get it right, but I haven''t seen any significant improvement over the last six games.

I would like to know how Delia and Co would handle our 20m debt if we were to be relegated.  The answer presumably is that we sell Ashton, Safri and possibly Green, and then give Worthy all the money to build a new team based only on players over the age of 30.  

Full strength team out yesterday and we lost to a fellow relegation candidate side - whats Worthys next excuse Delia now that the injury card has been confirmed as a big red herring ??

It is simply not acceptable.

OTBC

[quote]I''m sure that Dicky, Always Travellin, Herb, Amarillo and a few others will have a try. I just hope that they''ve got the good grace to admit that they were wrong.[/quote]

I have said give worthy untill xmas all along. we are still only five points of the play offs there is still about ninety odd points up for grabs.Far to soon and to foolish to start sacking managers given some luck like the own goal we got tonight for a change. we will be allright i am sure we have to many good players at this club for this poor start to continue for much longer.

In answer to the question in this thread - seems all the board and plenty at the AGM participants still defend Worthy. At the end of the day it should be time for Worthy to defend also his own position by sacking 1 or 2 of his coaches and bringing in new blood and ideas - in most other business''s an MD will make sure that his closest team around him are bringing in new ideas and supporting the development (in many cases a leader should employ personnel with stronger competences in specific areas than himself)- I just get a feeling that the coaching staff need freshening up and a new man would be needed - this would pick the players up without having a totally clean sweep. I wonder if Worthy really has the power to change his coaching staff? if he has any sense he should do it ASAP. The board always refer to Curbishley - this approach is fair enough - but I am pretty sure that the coaching staff under him has changed several times during his reign. So my demand at present is Foley or Livermore OUT - if Worthy cannot execute this then he will have to go himself. 

[quote]In answer to the question in this thread - seems all the board and plenty at the AGM participants still defend Worthy. At the end of the day it should be time for Worthy to defend also his own positio...[/quote]

Thats exactly what I`ve been thinking for quite a while !   maybe , just maybe ,  Nigel  is not his own man in this set up ?