+ clean sheet

+ move up the league

- performance not convincing

- Ashton can''t hit a barn door

- own goal, no City player on score sheet

- 3 injuries

- a further (unwanted) reprieve for Worthy

- first signs of attendance decline

Overall, I''ll take it but one victory doesn''t change things that much.

+''s - 3 points. Jarrett showed promise, at least he went forward. Henderson in the first half.

-''s - too many to mention. As you say Ashton was awful AGAIN. Huckerby has lost it I''m afraid. 3 injuries. Boring boring backwards passing football.

I was so looking forward to Wolves away. Sorry, but I''ve just lost the enthusiasm. As a season ticket holder and someone who goes to about 10 away games each year, I really find it quite hard to admit, that I wouldn''t have been bothered about going to the match tonight.

Let''s admit it. It was another VERY boring game.

You are spot on. There will be those who say that this is the start of us heading up the table but I just can''t see it. Cardiff weren''t a bad side but apart from Jerome up front and Cooper who we all know about nothing about them impressed me so we weren''t really up against much. Henderson looked lively and the Doherty Davenport partnership looked strong again but there wasn''t much else about us to think we''re really going to start beating teams regularly. Sorry if its depressing after we''ve won but it''s true. Had Alexander not been in the way of the clearance on the line we wouldn''t have scored so there we go. Hope I''m wrong and we put in a strong performance on Saturday and get the points but in all honesty I don''t think Wolves have much to worry about.

Why is an own goal a negative? Who cares how it went in? I''m sure some people will see us winning as a negative, but there you are.It was a solid performance built on fragile confidence. But the team kept going. There were some good individual performances from players with things to prove such as Jarrett, Hendo and McVeigh. Plus the defence looked really solid - and Cardiff are a half-decent team.

Ashton had a poor first half his shooting was way off. But what other options were there? in the second half Ashton looked every bita 3M player, strong, good in the air and lively.What he needs is some help either from midfield - we haven''t really got a box to box man yet - or from another experienced front man. Henderson added pace to the frontline but never really looked a threat.

loads more +''s than -''s IMO.

Ashton is obviously trying too hard, you can see that when he is on the touch line collecting the ball.  He should be in the box getting service, but isn''t at the moment.  Get off his back he will find his shooting boots again especially if Nigel can build on that midfield performance.

Our posession was awesome, boring backwards passing it is not, it is called keeping the ball.   Look how many times Cardiff lost the ball when we did give it to them.  That was because they were not comfortable on the ball due to their limited time with it.  How many times did they get into our box, not many at all.

Thought the whole side played for each other and passed very confidently.   Jarrett showed signs of what he can do with a little more confidence and match time under his belt.  

Hendo is not the answer up front unfortunately, but Thorne should be back available soon and I would like to see him given a decent run up front with Deano.

The biggest test is how Worthy reacts to that match, what he changes and what he keeps.   Personally if all are fit then the same starting 11, but introduce Thorne early on in the second half.