Sign in to follow this  
Cheeky Monkey

What a load of rubbish

Sorry, I would never sing that at the game. I just couldn''t. But lets face it, we might have got three points tonight, but the game was totally uninspiring, boring codswallop.

I really can''t see a way forward for the rest of the season. I wondered to myself tonight, "If I was manager.....".

I think I''d do the decent thing, quit and let someone else build a TEAM. Sure we have decent players, but for whatever reason, be it the manager or dressing room battles, CANNOT play as a TEAM.

I am so glad I didn''t buy a Wolves ticket. But that also saddens me, as I was looking forward to going.

Who else feels totally and utterly deflated this season ? and what can we do about it ? 

I have to agree that, although it''s nice to see a win, the performance was uninspiring again. Our problem seems to be midfield, where we''ve only got Safri who impresses. Worthington''s failure to strengthen the midfield over the summer is now coming home to roost. Watching how Koumas was spraying the ball about tonight (he was a free transfer, Worthy!!!) made me realise how bereft of inspiration we are in midfield. The fact that Hughes (awful) and Jarrett (even worse!) were his two star buys over the summer endorses how poor his management skills are.

Komas was not a free transfer he was a season long lone on high wages and IMO he was crap last night i''m glad we didn''t bring him here on that preformance and i thought jarrett had his best game for norwich by a mile last night .

you two have to be on a wind up right?

I thought we looked very good last night, yes we still have problems converting our chances, but our possession and passing was top notch for large spells of the game.   Once again the away team created minimal chances.    The back four are looking better and better with each game.    Hughes was only on the pitch for about 15 minutes, but you still say he was rubbish, I thought he was awesome against Sheff Wed, remember he is Holt''s replacement not Francis.    Jarrett didn''t look at all comfortable last night, but he showed some signs of his potential ability and he is definitely a confidence player.   I thought as the game went on he got better and better and at least he was playing in his proper position.   What doesn''t help him is the crowd''s reaction everytime he did make a little mistake.

Ashton and Henderson looked well up for it and worked very hard.   McVeigh of course got man of the match, although I thought Doc deserved that.   Huckerby started very well and was looking sharp with two very good runs resulting in one excellent save from the keeper and another shot that just went wide.   I thought he phased out a bit in the second half though.

Even Brennan played well in the centre when he came on.   I thought our no here we go another left back in the centre midfield roll, but Nigel this time had no other option and Jim played well.

The only criticism is the way we sat back after the goal and invited them in, it was scary for 10 minutes.   Also the fact we seem to need about 10 shots to get one in, but that is definitely down to a lack of confidence and people like Ashton trying too hard shooting from all over the place.

All in all the best team performance at home I have seen this season (I have missed 3 though).

I am far from Worthy''s biggest fan but even I think some people are being overly critical of him and the teams performance.  We won last night, ok it wasn''t great but we had previously lost four games in a row, does anyone honestly expect us to come out and play like Brazil?  The players individually and as a team seem very low on confidence but wins in any shape or form will (or should at least) breed confidence.