Sign in to follow this  
Meeky

Pink Un report for tomorrow?

Bluebirds clip Canaries Wings.

It was yet another case of so near and yet so far for Worthington''s injury-hit side as 3 points went begging at Carrow Road yet again this season. The Carrow Road faithful had seen City make the brightest of starts, and the Canaries could have been 3-0 up after 20 minutes. First Hughes blazed over, then Ashton brought a smart save out of [taff keeper] and finally Huckerby saw his cross-cum-shot drift agonisingly wide of the far post with the defence beaten and Henderson just unable to get a boot on it.

But all this was to no avail as Cardiff opened their account with a wonder strike from Koumas. Just on the half hour mark [name of Cardiff player] got the better of veteran Craig Fleming down the City right and produced a perfect crossfield ball which Koumas gleefully rifled home on the volley from fully 20 yards out. To be fair to Fleming, it looked as though he had slipped on the slick Carrow Road turf.

Worthington will take plenty of encouragement from the way his injury-weakened side responded to the set-back as they took the game to the high-flying Welshmen in the second half. The Canaries piled on the pressure, but the bad luck which has dogged them all season continued to prevail, and City were unable to find the killer touch to equalise Koumas''s wonder strike.

Chance after chance went begging as City laid siege to the visitors'' goal, but it was all in vain as Cardiff killed off the game from a corner in the 80th minute. The ball was curled in and Jason Koumas didn''t hesitate, taking full advantage of a moment of panic in the City defence to nod home from no more than 3 yards out

After the game embattled Nigel Worthington had a defiant message for the Carrow Road boo boys: "I''m staying!" Asked to comment on the chants of "What a load of rubbish" which had rung out from a minority of younger supporters, Worthington commented: "That''s football. The players gave me everything they had and I can''t ask for more. If we continue to work hard and start taking our chances we will turn this season round". He also issued a call for togetherness from everyone connected with City, urging the supporters to remain strong in these dark times. "I''m still strong and positive, the players are strong and positive, the board are strong and positive" he said. "We just need the fans to be the same"

I can''t take the credit for this, it was a collaboration of posters from another site.

Very good Meeky.

By why no mention of Delia''s "Where are you?"(part 2) rant at half time?

Or the streaker?

the scary thing is, you are not going to be far from wrong!

[quote]Are you Rick Waghorn in disguise??[/quote]

No, i am certainly not, he can''t get a team selection right! Nor do i sit on the fence and worry about upsetting the club! See told you, Fleming on bench!