Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

"...Jim Brennan's 76th-minute cross struck Alexander on the head and bounced into the net as he lay on the ground..."

Now come on guys, God knows we need a laugh - that sounds damn hilarious!!

Who saw it? Sounds like something out of Laurel and Hardy!

Jimmy B''s inswinging cross was hooked off the line by darren Purse, but it hit the goalie (who was laid on the deck after diving to try to stop the cross) and dribbled back over the line...!

seen it at the ground and on tv. it happens quite quick so nothing keeper could do to get out of way. so it was more a feeling of relief than finding it hilarious lol.

it was very odd seemed to skim of davenports back and then rebounded off a cardiff player to go in, you can tell things are serious when we need the oppsition to score our goals for us

Luck? Maybe, although it was time we had a little. 

But think - what was Alexander doing on the ground, and why didn''t he get out of the way? More to the point why hadn''t Cardiff cleared the ball - why were they in such a mess in the first place? Could it be that we had stretched their defence beyond breaking point? And doesn''t that mean we deserved a goal?

Sat at the other end of the ground and didnt have a clue what happened or who scored!  There was a delay before it registered we HAD scored probably waiting for an awful ref to have spotted another non existant foul.

Didnt stop me bouncing up and down like zebedee though  yay!

OTBC

I was sat behind the goal so i had a great view of the wonder strike!!!!.

The whole of the river end was trying to suck that ball over the line it took a lifetime to cross the line!!!!.

[quote]Sat at the other end of the ground and didnt have a clue what happened or who scored! There was a delay before it registered we HAD scored probably waiting for an awful ref to have spotted another no...[/quote]

i sit in the n&p and didn''t even know what happened so i can see why you didn''t! only knew what happened from the tv. but still, that bit of ''luck'' gave a bit of relief and im sure the players can play now not feeling the pressure so much. but last two goals have been own goals, its time we scored some ourselves. lol

I sit in the n+p too, and I didn''t see anything either. AllĀ I saw were people jumping up and down and Davenport celebrating down in front of me. Thought the ref, would find something wrong with it, it would have been in keeping with our season, but he didn''t and so we won A win''s a win, no matter how it comes