Preston (-v- Leicester) 13,904
Stoke (-v- Reading) 13,484
Burnley (-v- Hull) 11,701
Millwall (-v-Soton) 10,759
Cardiff (-v- Leicester) 8,727
Luton (-v- Plymouth) 8,714
Brighton (-v- Ipswich) 6,867
Crewe (-v- Palace) 6,766

When you allow for our terrible current form and league position, the loyalty of our fans is even more striking.

Oh, and on the same basis we also beat Prem clubs Blackburn, Bolton, Fulham, Portsmouth, and (of course) Wigan.

Just a quick follow up - last night, after such a terrible week, we still got a bigger gate than Sheff Utd. Respect to to City fans for such loyalty, which I''m sure has not gone un-noticed by the club.

That''s something that we all tend to forget on this board. Be it me sat up here just outside Liverpool, 1st Wiz in Lowestoft or Yankee Canary or Flick Fleck in different continents. WE''RE ALL LOYAL SUPPORTERS!!! We may differ in our views but at the end of the day it all comes back to our support for the club!

on pecentage per population we are probably one of the best supported clubs in the country, thats why all this small club talk really gets on my nerves

[quote]on pecentage per population we are probably one of the best supported clubs in the country, thats why all this small club talk really gets on my nerves[/quote]

I dont really agree with that Ricky. I`ve often heard City described as a `small City club` but this doesn`t even come close to telling the whole story. City are actually a regional club attracting support from all over East Anglia. Norfolk alone has a population of 820,000 people and if you add on the Lowestoft/North Suffolk area which is largely yellow and green the figure is around 1 million.

If you compare our situation to that of,say,the Sheffield clubs of course Sheffield is a much bigger city than Norwich (1 million+ people), however this has to support 2 high profile clubs and they have at least some competition from Rotherham,Doncaster,Barnsley and Leeds just up the road. We have no competition for 40 miles to the south, and 70 miles to the west.

I have not been at all suprised by the surge of support over recent years and always maintained during the Chase years that an ambitious,forward thinking club who actually encouraged support rather than alienating it would see a steady increase in gates. Its good to see people are finally realising the clubs potential.