How likely is it that after a change of manager, everyone would be eternally happy. We would win every game, play the right players, formations and tactics. Fans would agree with every substitution and every player loan would work out.

For the forseeable future the Board will not sack Worthy. Worthy will not resign (viz. Bruce, Moyes et al.)

So we have a choice. Support the team, or don''t support the team.

Go figure which is more likely to get us moving up the table.

[quote]How likely is it that after a change of manager, everyone would be eternally happy. We would win every game, play the right players, formations and tactics. Fans would agree with every substitution an...[/quote]

Eternal happiness - is is just an exisentionalist concept?  Discuss.

Amarillo, whether it is football or any other facet of life, there are very few situations where people are eternally happy. Life is made up of ups and downs. It is the nature of positive people, generally speaking, to pick themselves up when things are not going very well and get on with making things better. The worst thing is to accept your fate and hope some divine intervention will improve your lot in life. Football is no different. With respect to your comments, Norwich City does not appear to have the ability to play and get results to the potential that even Nigel believes we have, never mind more outspoken critics. The club is forever moving towards the bottom of the league almost as if it''s destiny. Of course people should support the team while they are playing and, I believe by all accounts, they do. This has failed to help our standing to date however. Post matches, if you believe people should not be constructively critical about what''s occurring I disagree. Also, I am not sure what you mean by the foreseeable future but, if you mean Nigel will not be fired within the next few months, I absolutely disagree with your view. I believe if we stay at this level or lower the Board, despite the brave and understandable front being put on, will fire Nigel because there is clearly something wrong at NCFC that he appears unable to remedy. 

Yankee - at about the time you were writing the post about us ''forever moving towards the bottom of the league'' I was in the Barclay taking part in one of the best acts of supporter determination that I''ve seen in a long time. And we''ve moved up the league as a result.I know it hardly helps your cause when the team and manager begin to dig themselves out of the hole we''re in, but with the tremendous help of the 12th man tonight we started to do just that, and I was proud to be a part of it....

[quote]Yankee - at about the time you were writing the post about us ''forever moving towards the bottom of the league'' I was in the Barclay taking part in one of the best acts of supporter determination that...[/quote]

Spot on Amarillo - I was there tonight and couldn''t agree more with this post.

The 12th man was there tonight and we got the result we wanted. I couldn''t give a monkeys how it happened - its 3 points and we''re on the up!!

Amarillo, are you saying the fans have not been showing good support before tonights game? As I stated previously, I think the support from the fans ( given the performances they have been witnessing ) has been outstanding. With respect to my cause....my cause is not any different than any other Norwich fan, which is to see our team do well. It was good that they got the win tonight as a loss would have left them tied for a relegation position. Apart from the win, how did you think the team performed tonight? Were they impressive?

Yankee - I would say that we were very quiet on Saturday. There were a few moments of noise, but everyone seemed very subdued. Last night was different. Despite feeling utterly demoralised by recent results, it''s as if the fans were determined not to sit on our hands, and seemed to say "we''re going to push you players over that damn winning line if it makes us hoarse doing it!" Although not the loudest, it was the most determined and sustained chanting that I think I''ve been involved in this season.

Did they perform well? In parts, yes. We''ve played better this season and got nowt, and confidence was clearly low, but we created some decent chances and looked solid at the back.

[quote]Spot on Amarillo - I was there tonight and couldn''t agree more with this post. The 12th man was there tonight and we got the result we wanted. I couldn''t give a monkeys how it happened - its 3 points...[/quote]

Really... I was there last night too (block D), singing was in spells and thought generally the atmospheres was flat like the performance (first 15 mins apart)

Yankee, in what sense are City "forever moving towards the bottom of the league almost as if it''s destiny"? We won last night if you hadn''t noticed and thus rose up the league. Are you suggesting that this was merely a blip and in fact we shall finish bottom?

Humans tend towards equilibrum and stability in terms of mood. External events may change the mood of the moment, but it appears that in the long term people stay roughly the same. If you''re a generally happy positive person then you probably tend to think City will improve, luck will come our way and the playoffs are a perfectly reasonable expectatiion. If you''re a miserable git then you''ll come on here and moan regardless of what happens, believe that the board and management are in league with the devil to destroy our club, think that all our signings will be rubbish and any wins are only due to luck. You probably wanted to sell Iwan after his first season, are looking for Henderson to fail and think Deano was a waste of money. Glad I don''t have to live with you.

Yesterday was a victory by the club playing as a team and for the fans to enjoy - it was not the postive power of our support that ground this win out. 

As you know I was not there sat but my mum (I know!) was, as she was last night (shes been following the team since the early 50s - its all errol crossan and kenny foggo for her!) as she is using my bros season ticket. 

She said the atmosphere for both games was pretty similar, periods of chanting but some very flat bits too - during the second half last night I turned to her going ssssh and she knew what I meant, before I failed in trying to get a Delias army chant going - people were too tense.

Having said that she did enjoy the noise given once we had scored, which was louder than most this season - but that was only for 5 minutes or so.  The supporters were positive but edgy and quiet in places in both the barclay and snakepit.

OTBC

SPat, my post was made prior to the win last night, deliberately. I am not a fickle poster who will be swayed by the events of one game, win or lose. I am more interested in whether the club is progressing over the longer term. All my reasons ( and those of like mind ) as to what I expected this season ( and last ) have long since been stated. That''s why boards like this exist, so that people can offer their opinion as to whether progress is being made or not and what the likely outcomes will be. My forecast for this season is still that we will finish in 9th place. So far, we have been underachieving against my expectations. We have participated aagainst a lot of the easier teams and had more home games than anyone else in the division. That''s what drove my comment. As to the rest of your message if you think I''m a miserable git I would prefer that you just say it rather than infer it. That''s what happens in my household, we''re honest with each other, so I''m glad you don''t have to live with me also.

[quote]Yankee, in what sense are City "forever moving towards the bottom of the league almost as if it''s destiny"? We won last night if you hadn''t noticed and thus rose up the league. Are you suggesting that...[/quote]

Although I can see what you are saying Spat, it would be very easy for Yankee to argue that yesterday was a "blip".

So far this season we have won 5 games and lost 8.  Winning is probably not quite the "exception" but it is certainly not the "rule" either. 

Though I didn''t notice that your post was made before the result last night, I still think it''s overstating the negative to think that we are inexorably sliding down the league (obviously you think the same really if 9th is your prediction). Still, agreed that this forum is to air views, however different and wouldn''t want it any other way nor have ever suggested such. My comment about miserable gits was not actually aimed at you, it was a general observation on the eternal happiness theme. Though if the cap or hat fits......I''m glad you like honesty and shall bear it in mind ;-)