Sign in to follow this  
still holding out for new heroes

Danny Crow - 5 goals in 5 Discuss

0 goals in his first 8 games.

playing two leagues below.

people keep telling me Henderson is a centre forward and that Jarvis deserves a chance and Peter Thorne is experienced cover with a good career record.

Plus we are also paying Leons wages and have that bloke Ashton.

So no he wouldn''t.  He was sixth choice centre forward and we can''t afford to carry that size of squad.

[quote]would he be in our first team squad at the mo.[/quote]

I think until he regularly bangs in the goals in this league or a higher level (and I can''t see it happening) only then can we judge.

It must be a great motivator for the boy to bang the goals in and prove the NCFC management wrong. At the end of the day he was too far down the pecking order and we let him go but I wonder if we''ll regret it, he looked pretty good from the limited chances we had to watch him.

One thing I hope is that we continue to be seen as a club willing to bring young talent through. Over the years we''ve developed some great talents and hopefully this will continue. Whilst it would be great to see a generation of players come through to our first team we have to be pleased to see them achieving elsewhere if we let them go.

A talented young player who is a bit on the small size now finding his feet at a lower league side after wanting to leave NCFC.  Good luck to the boy.

He and Worthy didnt see eye to eye so was unlikely to get much of a chance so it was the right decision to let him go bearing in mind we have Jarvis as a better prospect.  If worthy cant develop players he is keen on how likely is it he will bring on ones he is doubtful about?

We must stop looking to the past and concentrate on how we can be better with what we have, not what we have not.

OTBC

Yeh i agree, 5 in 5, in League 1, not anything to stand up and really take notice of. yeh, and untill he regularlly bangs the goals in(e.g 20+ a season) only then should we really take notice! 

A lot of people were surprised when Danny was released and are probably not that surprised that he is performing well for Peterborough. I agree with the above comments about being 6th on the list but couldn''t we have loaned him out for a season to see how he developed? If he had done well but not well enough to warrant a first team place at City we could have undoubtedly negotiated a fee. Is this another example of poor management, or will it prove to be a sound decision?

Danny in his 1st 8 games was still making runs but we never created any chances. Now we have got a big man, small man combination and he is doing really well. He is going to be a real gem for us. The runs he makes are just superb and has been a great signing

[quote]Danny in his 1st 8 games was still making runs but we never created any chances. Now we have got a big man, small man combination and he is doing really well. He is going to be a real gem for us. The ...[/quote]

Glad to hear he is doing so well del boy - he did create a good impression during last winters games mainly as  a sub for us but I think he wanted to play regular competetive football which he was not going to get here.

Hopefully his talent will be used and grow at posh - good luck.

OTBC

it means diddly squat!

you could buy the best pub team foward on the planet and he could be absolutely rubbish in the premier league...

don''t think he would cut it in this league but fair play to the lad for getting his career off the ground after being released by us