Sign in to follow this  
yellow 63

midfield

i still want to see rossi jarvis in with a shout.

Jarrett playing alongside jarvis doesnt look bad on paper, maybe charlton in there, or brennan didnt do that bad by the sounds of it last night.

but yes, it is our weakest point, and needs strengthening in the january window, we also need a right winger......

Quote "we also need a right winger......"

Misread that at first AJ, thought you wanted a right whinger! I''m sure we''ve all got our favourites on this forum we''d like to nominate

That''s not an invitation to name names people, I don''t want to start a slag-fest!

Why does Worthington not give Rossi Jarvis a small run in the team. He has picked him as substitute, and when Rossi came on he did not let the team down at all. Tonight he is in the Academy/Reserves team to face West Hamm, who are playing a team where nearly every player has played in the Premiership this season!

If Jarvis comes good, and let''s face it with the exception of Safri he could hardly play worse than anyone else, this be could be of help on decisions over loans and transfer buys. If he disappoints, then he could be tried when he is a little earlier.

Is Jarvis much younger than Roney when he first played in the Premiership?

The same could be said of Spillane. If a player is good enough, he is old enough!

We probably do need an extra bit of cover but until tactics, marking, positioning, passing and tackling all imrprove it won''t make a hell of a lot of difference.

[quote]How much does the almighty Kristiansen cost these days?[/quote]

would still be under a million

i think they were accepting 750,000 for him, a real bargin!

Richie Partridge can be got on January 1st on a free transfer as he only signed a short deal, he is a natural right winger of whom we have none at present so IMO we should go for him. However Jay Tabb of Brentford has caught my eye and have to say looks an amazing prospect. Currently at Brentford, the Ireland u21 international can beat a player and whip in a good cross 9 times out of 10. Could be got quite cheaply I would imagine and hope we get in before someone else does.

Is Dickson Etuhu still not getting regular football at Preston as he could be the Francis replacement we are looking for, if not Paul Mckenna has always looked class for them and I would of thought both would come here.

IMO we also need a decent centre back to challenge Doc, Davs and Shacks as Fleming is past it and cannot cope in this league. Nathan Clarke of Huddersfield looks good, he is strong on the ball, good in the air, quick and great at tackling and marking and is only 21, hes another player we should get before someone else does. Maybe we could double swoop for him and Pawell Abbott.

We have needed to strengthen midfield since August yet have had a defender and a striker in on loan so I am not holding my breath for anyone coming in soon.

And yes - we are down to just the one midfielder.  Smashing planning and foresight that but having said that the four on Tuesday in the second half was not poor, not great either.  How they will cope against Wolves is another matter.

OTBC