Sign in to follow this  
0peteddMMyyyy0Falseen-USTrue

Jason Jarrett

I understand JJ played last night and did ok, saw him in reserves against Watford and was impressed by his dead ball kicks i.e. free kicks and corners.  Did he take any of these last night ? but was certainly more adept than any other dead ball takers at the club I have seen recently.

Limited as a thrusting midfielder playmaker or defensive midfielder but something to work with, have you noticed Wrthy?

One of the most amusing moments last night was seeing JJ tell Huckerby that HE was going to take the corner as Darren (bless) had earlier seen his effort once again fail to clear the man at the near post!

JJ did play better, made a few good runs into space, but still looked a yard short of fitness to me - hopefully that will come with playing and confidence as we certainly need him to be near the top of his game once saf goes to the Africa Nations cup.

from my rather blurred recollection his best effort came when he broke free down the right and delivered a peach of a ball for Ashton to fire over from a couple of yards. I think he took a few corners but managed to find the first man in true Canary fashion. Didn''t take any free-kicks attempts on goal.

Jarrett deserves a little credit for his display last night. At half time the gloom descended when Safri failed to reappear, and defeat once again loomed. The reworked midfield held its own and provided the platform for the win, and Jarrett appeared to relish the responsibility. He wasnt great, but he did a solid job.

Isn''t it the first time he has played 90mins for the club? He did better than his previous performances, and maybe he''s now going to hsow us why Worthy bought him.

If Wonder Wiganer is reading this thread I would be very interested in some further input from you regarding Jarrett. I know you offered reasons why Wigan was prepared to let him go but what is your objective assessment of how he performed overall while with Wigan? As you are based in Norfolk I am not sure if you had much opportunity to see him play.

Jarrett had a terrible first half and I''m sure that, if we had any midfielders left on the bench, he would have been subbed at the break. Very little improvement in the second half, IMHO. Lazy, passes sideways or backwards over 15 yards maximum, and is shaken off the ball too easily. I have yet to see him have a good 10 minutes. Perhaps Rossi Jarvis would be an improvement. 

On tuesday we needed someone to stand up and be counted especially as you say CD after Safri was replaced. I thought JJ and Brenhan did a solid job and when Cardiff were pushing for an equalizer JJ was the one making the breaks from the back.

Given a run this guy could be a very good buy

[quote]If Wonder Wiganer is reading this thread I would be very interested in some further input from you regarding Jarrett. I know you offered reasons why Wigan was prepared to let him go but what is your o...[/quote]

I get up to games as often as I can and have seen Jarrett play quite a bit. Although last season with his broken leg, he did not play that many games. To be honest each time I have seen him I have seen varying performances.

I have seen him play absolutely rubbish and be taken off quite early in the game. Some games OK and then in the game on the last day of the season last year against Reading he was awsome and pretty much man of the match.

To be honest though he performed OK but didn''t really set the world on fire on the whole. My other half who is a season ticket holder at carrow road, came up to the Reading game with me and when it was announced Jarrett was coming to Norwich, was really excited about him being part of the team based on that performance. I do think that opinion has changed though.

Having only seen Jarrett play a couple of times, so far, I too have yet to see any decent football from him, Link.
I couldn''t go to the Cardiff game (work) and most of the other posters who were there on Tuesday say he played well, however, and he''s got 13% of the MOTM votes on this website. Is JJ the new Doherty? Check back 6 weeks and you''ll find plenty of threads calling for the Ginger Pele''s departure to be hastened - yet now he''s touted as our most improved player and a mainstay of the team!

Let''s give Jason a chance with a decent run in the side - I''ve maintained all season that half our problems come from too many team changes (most enforced by injury). Give the lad a chance and I''m sure he''ll deliver.