Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Ipswich for sale!.

Bear in mind that this in todays'' sun newspaper.

Ipswich in an effort to clear their £60 million debt!, 60 mil!, Jeez!, are trying to sell the club majority share for any offers between £5 - £6 million.

Bloody hell, lets not gloat too much, just being above them this morning should be enough!.

Given that Villa, an established Premiership franchise with minimum debt and ownership of their own ground, are potentially being taken over for £65mio (that''s for about 60% stake) then a struggling Championship side with a smaller fan base, crippling debts and an asset managers as landlord don''t exactly look like an attractive option at that price plus taking over the debt.

I would hate to see any team go out of business but if that debt figure is correct I really wonder how they can survive. Yet again an example of how the football industry is the worst run in the country. The ipswich model was lauded by the FA at one time and they should hang their heads in shame. I for one actually feel sorry for their supporters who no doubt will have to dip into their pockets to bail them out.

Does that mean the likes of Westlake or Parkin are available on the cheap?

I cant think of anyone else that we may want..

OTBC

Why would anyone pay £6 million for a £60 million debt??? That''s like saying i will give you £10 for your 10p piece????????

And we thought we had problems

Why this continued obsession with the finances of Binmen? IF they are £60M in debt that has not stopped them handing out contract extensions to the likes of Richard Naylor. I have not seen the report in The Sun but have seen no independent corrobaration elsewhere either. Anyway, if you immediately believe eveything you read in that ''paper'', then I suggest you lead quite shallow lives.

IF our finances were 100% secure then the story (if true) may well, I agree, be a source of amusement but is our history of ''money management'' anything to be proud of?? In 1957, 1984 and 1996 our club has been in very deep financial trouble. Oh yes and we still carry an £18M debt ourselves. Hardly something to be proud of is it? Fall for the party line if you like that this debt is ...''long term, structured, well managed and affordable'' etc.etc. and indeed that may turn out to be the case but only time will tell! What happens to our ''debt repayment plans'' once the parachute money runs out with us stuck in mid table (which is what I predict with our management team still in place).

We ought to focus our efforts on finishing above the Binmen in the table (after all that is what really matters out there on the pitch). For all their ''problems'' I see little real evidence that we can do that (''at this moment in time'' - to use a well worn phrase!).