Sign in to follow this  
Plastic Scouser

COMING OUT

FAO Norwich City Board & Manager

Hopefully my alias has now been removed and you can see me for who I really am.   I would love to hear from you or the club.   I am happy to be known as a member of the faceless minority who don''t have the guts to put their name to calls for a change in management.

Please feel free to contact me via the Forum administrators, whom I authorise to release contact details for me.   I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Stuart Sage

there has been countless other stories concerning 1st team players that are so ridiculous u couldnt beleive it if u wanted too!

Perhaps i should make up a rumour that Greeno was kidnapped by Aliens and force fed McChicken Nuggets in the hope of revealing official government Secrets!. no doubt in 4 weeks time it will be "greeno poured tea over Craig Flemings head" or something stupid!

Like i have said countless times The people making these rumours up about the players and their families are worse than National Tabloids, most of the players have children, how do they feel when some silly little pimply yob goads them in the school playground over something that isnt even true because someone who should know better made it up over a couple of pints weeks ago!

But as has been done above, i want Worthington out and im not afraid to admit it.

My name is Jason MacDonald, son of Chris MacDonald, if the club want to ban me or my dad, or sue us for wanting Worthington out and for having an opinion then they have our contact details in their computers...

jas

[quote]FAO Norwich City Board & Manager Hopefully my alias has now been removed and you can see me for who I really am. I would love to hear from you or the club. I am happy to be known as a member ...[/quote]

Another one for the remedial reading class....
Go and read what he said, then come back and realise you''ve not only got the wrong end of the stick, you refuse to even acknowledge the right end.

I am a supporter of this club, have been for years and I am also a believer in free speech and the glory of debate.

It is right that we should hold our own opinions and I am happy to voice mine and stand up and be judged on them. I do not wish to hide behind my online persona and am happy to give my name below.

I think Worthy has either missed the point completely as rumours appear everywhere all the time or fails to understand communication online. I don''t agree with crap rumours that are hurtful being aired but this is opinion and freedom.

Regrettably if you are in the public eye you are likely to experience this negativity, doesn''t make it right but it happens and I think that there are slightly more important issues for the manager of a recently relegated club sitting at 20th in the league to be concentrating on.

So Mr Worthington maybe you could tell me, Brian Bush lower barclay block a, why we are where we are. And I am of the opinion that you are not the man for the job at the moment and I expect you to change my view by doing your job more effectively or to leave.

Your choice which. 

Brian Bush

(I am also happy for the web moderators to pass on my details for contact should Worthy wish to discuss)

Herb - that was totally uncalled for.  I quote from the article in the Pink''Un...

"I just thing (sic) it''s a shame that people can get away with this type of thing and that no action can be taken against them because they haven''t gut the guts to put their name it."

Now, Herb, I apologise if I''m being a bit self-conscious here, but I don''t just see this as a pop at the idiots who post complete twaddle.   He is also referring to people such as me who are not happy at the state of affairs in the club - as far as I''m concerned.   Now that is worth making a stand against - hence my post.   Sorry if you think that I am literarily challenged and that my comprehension of the article was faulty - perhaps it was, but I don''t think that I am alone in thinking that this was more than just a pop at those people who post stupid rumours - it was a pop at the web based community of City fans as a whole - well those of us who are less than supportive of the Worthy way! 

I look forward to a more conciliatory reply?!

[quote]Herb - that was totally uncalled for. I quote from the article in the Pink''Un... "I just thing (sic) it''s a shame that people can get away with this type of thing and that no action can be taken agai...[/quote]

Worthy very clearly aimed this at people who spread rumours about players'' private lives, not people who express their opinions.  Worthy has said many times recently that he respects fans'' rights to their views.

Whatever Worthy says gets taken out of context by some of the anti brigade, desperate to have a go at him again.

I think Worthington was trying to deflect a bit of the heat away from him. It smacks of desperation to me. There''s a rumour about a certain player doing the rounds at the moment, but I heard it from other fans at the match not from a message-board. Even if the internet didn''t exist, fans would still spread rumours verbally amongst themselves.

The problem with message board rumours is that any idiot from any club can post on an unmoderated forum to start a rumour to attack a rival.
You don''t have that amongst a bunch of home fans gossiping at the ground.

As mentioned above, the FULL transcript of Worthy''s comments was most definitely aimed at the sad people who have been posting unfounded and hurtful rumours about players private lives - NOT aimed at people who''ve criticised the management of the club!
I use the term ''unfounded'' because there has been nothing other than hearsay to back up the claims that are being made.

Very laudable to stand up and be counted by your real names guys, but I think you''ve been a bit thin-skinned and ready to assume that you''re the targets of a comment clearly aimed at others (we may disagree on the way forward for the club, but I don''t accuse any of you of spreading malicious gossip!).

Dicky, people are not desperate to have a go at Nigel Worthington. Nor are they desperate to have a go at anybody associated with Norwich City football club.  Having spent the best part of a decade in this division with a longing to get into the Premiership, to finally achieve it only to give it up without applying ourselves to the BEST of our ability is very disappointing to people ( including you ). Having said that Norwich fans ( and football fans in general ) learn to cope with disappointment, with some grumbling for sure. However, with respect to desperation, what all Norwich fans are desperate for is not to see our team slip back towards the division below us for the first time in 45+ years. We have some tough ground to cover over coming weeks with lots of away games. It is entirely possible that, at the end of that time we will still only be averaging a point a game. In this division that is relegation performance.

I agree entirely that spreading rumours about players personal lives is reprehensible. However, there are others within the organisation that can just as easily make that point. Nigel Worthington, in the current circumstances, would be well advised to refrain from criticising fans in any way ( for fear it is misunderstood ), legitimate or not for at least two reasons. He, and the club that employs him, has enjoyed a level of support that takes second place to no other through this dismal season to date. Secondly, given how his team has performed, he has a conflict of interest ( called job security ) in diverting attention away from the product on the field to those that turn up every week. Given his "body" language, Nigel does not appear to my ears and eyes to exude a healthy respect for the opinion of fans in a manner that emulates the good managers of football history. If he genuinely wants to improve in this area there are many that he could learn from. In the interim, he would be well served in keeping his eye on where the ball really is. 

[quote]Worthy very clearly aimed this at people who spread rumours about players'' private lives, not people who express their opinions. Worthy has said many times recently that he respects fans'' rights to t...[/quote]

Dicky, I''m not "desperate to have another go". Interestingly though you do mention that he respects fans rights to their views...

Wow. Now THAT was a very good post Yankee. Spot on about where we need to be going, what the manager needs to be doing and sums up the hopes and fears of most of us on this board.

I was going to start a separate thread about this, but having just spent the last hour with my two small children as they fight, bicker, play nicely - it just reminds me of the way we ALL behave on this board - like a bunch of kids! We''re supposed to be mature aren''t we - well at least the level of debate is better than on other forums???

Let''s all try to be nice to each other shall we? Less of the personal attacks and more sensible, reasonable debate such as the post above. Sure we''ve all got vastly differing views, but at the end of the day we''re all fans of the same club and we all support the club in our own peculiar but dedicated fashions.

OTBC.

[quote]Worthy very clearly aimed this at people who spread rumours about players'' private lives, not people who express their opinions. Worthy has said many times recently that he respects fans'' rights to t...[/quote]

my god I find myself agreeing with Dicky,

despite having both feet firmly in the worthy out camp, I read his comments as being directed at the rumour mongers. I mean have a look at the WOTB message board over the last week or so its full of libellous rumours with a huge chunk of bigotry thrown in for good measure, anyone would think it was half term

[quote]my god I find myself agreeing with Dicky, despite having both feet firmly in the worthy out camp, I read his comments as being directed at the rumour mongers. I mean have a look at the WOTB message b...[/quote]

That''s about the tenth time that has been said this week....

Steady on you lot.

[quote]Dicky, people are not desperate to have a go at Nigel Worthington. Nor are they desperate to have a go at anybody associated with Norwich City football club. Having spent the best part of a decade in...[/quote]

Of course some people are desperate to have a go at Worthy, you being a prime example.  Read your post - he should not say anything about the fans in case he is misunderstood!  QED.

All the rumours make me think footballers wives/dream team. If people are going to make stuff up then should at least make it believable I personally think that the only reason that all the rumours have surfaced this season is because people are so bored and depressed with the football that they need something to cheers themselves up with.

You know Dicky, you started your "career" on this message board by putting down other people. I am attempting to use reason with you by being honest and explaining that I and others are not "desperate" to criticise, but desperate to avoid going down to another level. Constructive criticism, therefore is always appropriate. My initial impression with your input over the past months is that you are one of those bloody-minded people with which reason does not work. I hope you prove me wrong but your latest message is failing to do so.

[quote]You know Dicky, you started your "career" on this message board by putting down other people. I am attempting to use reason with you by being honest and explaining that I and others are not "desperate...[/quote]

Yankee Canary - you always have this knack of talking down to people who do not agree with your views.  Being in another country, are you really in a position to be so judgemental of the players, manager etc - by this I mean that you are not able (as far as I know) to get to actual games regularly so do not see the players in action, or get a feel for the club week in week out.

And before the usual bleating starts, I am not accusing anyone of being a second rate supporter - it is a simple fact that those who go to games are better able to accurately judge the team, manager etc.  Probably worth bearing that in mind before your next patronising comments.

Dicky, you really do seem to have a problem understanding. This message board is ( should be ) about Norwich City football club in all respects. The simple fact ( as opposed to the opinion that you put forth as fact ) is that you are quick to put others opinions down without knowing what the facts are as to who''s attending and on what frequency. Further, there are a lot of observations on this message board from people who have attended the match where, some agree with observations from those that listened to the match on the radio, while other match attendees are at the other end of the spectrum in their view of what occurred. Therefore, if you engage your mental abilities for a moment, you may be able to deduce that all you are attempting to do is either a) put down someone''s opinion who did not attend a match or b) use one-upmanship to support your own opinion. Possibly you have another motivation. If so, what is it? Why don''t you drop this silly stance once and for all and allow all Norwich fans to express their opinion and enjoy this message board. Debate them on the points/issues raised versus your own opinion of the situation, and drop all the residual nonsense that does nothing but detract from an enjoyable message board debate. You will be a better person for it.

Dicky , you say "who go to games are better able to accurately judge the team, manager etc.".

There is no doubt that there is some degree of truth in so far as there judgements are based on witnessing events themselves rather than hearsay from commentaries, papers and other supoorters etc but that doesn''t make our judgments correct (otherwise we''d all agree and as we witness on virtually every posting that is not the case. Even you have your scapegoats and they don''t appear to be the same as mine).

[quote]Dicky, you really do seem to have a problem understanding. This message board is ( should be ) about Norwich City football club in all respects. The simple fact ( as opposed to the opinion that you pu...[/quote]

As I said before....

[quote]Yankee Canary - you always have this knack of talking down to people who do not agree with your views. Being in another country, are you really in a position to be so judgemental of the players, mana...[/quote]

Just by mentioning ''not going to games, you implied YC was a ''second class'' fan Dicky, after sowing that thought in the reader''s mind, you then backtrack and say you''re not implying it!.

If you don''t mean it, don''t bloody say or even mention it!.

Many politicians and barristers use the same technique.

Hell, you even tried it on once with me.

Half your time on here is spent promoting the ''Dicky'' image, ie. ludicrous adoration to all things worthy.

I''m fully behind my old nemeses on this!. And yes, I will be at the Luton game, but I don''t feel 1st class about it!.

I was amazed at Doncasters  report about malicious gossip , I always thought that it was Nigel who broke Damo`s jaw  !    good one Nige , he had it coming 

amazing Wiz and Yankee on the same page, you''ve had it now Dicky, no chance of beating them

Seriously though, they are both right, you make out YC is patronising which is laughable when I read some of your posts.   You have such a stubborn attitiude and lack the ability to compromise and take onboard other peoples opinions without dismissing them as rubbish.   The annoying thing is you hardly ever back up your own opinions with any constructive details.

Anyway the point about fans that attend games being better than ones that don''t is one that has reared its ugly head many times on here and you seem hell bent on using it as your only ammunition to shut up sensible posters like YC, cheapshot IMO.   You seem to lack the ability to hold a reasoned debate with him, so you just imply he doesn''t deserve an opinion because he hasn''t been at game, utter rubbish.

Until this season I hadn''t been to home game for about 12 years and I still enjoyed good debates on here and found my opinions very similar to lots of other people that did go to games regularly.   This season I have been at every home game (bar 3) and still there are people on here whose opinion of the same 90 minutes of football is vastly different to mine.   Weird, but its what makes us all different.   Anyway I guess what I am saying is please stop using cheapshots and actually come up with some decent debating material and please remember we are all on the same side here