Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

Norwich City v Cardiff City Match Thread

Sounds like we''re playing quite well. I just hope we can stick in one of these chances.

As I don''t won''t anybody to get injured this sounds good. Why on earth isn''t McVeigh starting ? And as I write this Deano puts one clearly over the bar. I have this feeling we are going yet again pay for our mistakes.

[quote]great, hughesy injured, mcveigh coming on - maybe the creative threat to partner saf?[/quote]

Plenty of creativity, better side, plenty of chances, no goals, Ashton misses sitter (again)

What price a Cardiff goal any minute now ?

I''m posting a reply to make something happen in the game 2 seconds after I press the ''post'' button.

[quote]I''m posting a reply to make something happen in the game 2 seconds after I press the ''post'' button.[/quote]

Your plan failed - nothing has happened.

If anything, we''ve had our chances & it sounds to me that we''re getting worse.

Still at least we''re not losing (yet)

Did I fall asleep or has nothing happened for a long time?
I''d quite like to see Thorne introduced at some stage, as he''ll surely be fired up for this.

Only 23,838 odd have turned up tonight - I make that 1,545 less than Saturday.

1,545 x at least £20 = £30,000+ revenue lost.

Perhaps this might focus a few minds (but I doubt it)

[quote]Only 23,838 odd have turned up tonight - I make that 1,545 less than Saturday. 1,545 x at least £20 = £30,000+ revenue lost. Perhaps this might focus a few minds (but I doubt it)[/quote]

Not if they were season ticket holders

A win against a surprisingly blunt Cardiff team, but far from convincing. The big plus about tonight was Hendo, who never let the back four settle; it was like watching Leon working his socks off to close down players. The back two were good again, especially the Doc. WLY Paul did well, as did Safs before he came off.

I didn''t think that we had a worse player at the Club than Hughes, but Jarrett disproved that theory tonight. He can''t pass more than 10 yards, he''s hopeless at tackling and got into their penalty area twice all night - worst of all were the three 50/50 tackles that he absolutely whimped out of, disgraceful. PLEASE Worthington, give Rossi Jarvis a chance in midfield, at least he''ll supply some energy and commitment - I saw you having a real rant at Jarrett, so even you noticed how awful he was.

Deano''s hold-up play tonight was excellent, although he seems to be jumping for headers a good second too early - he''s on the way down from his jump when the ball arrives. His finishing is abysmal at present, probably due to a lack of confidence. It seems that his best efforts come when he doesn''t have time to think about what to do. Still, to his credit, he was trying really hard tonight.  

My Player ratings for tonight

Green 7, Colin 5, Drury 6, Doc 7, Davenport 7, McVeigh 7, Jarrett 4 (first half) 7 (second), Saf 8 (first), Brennan 7 (second), Hucks 7, Ashton 5, Hendo 8.  Fleming (not long enough but better than Colin)

All players have not much confidence!

[quote]great hughes injured.go jump in the wensum.[/quote]

ok - out of order allways, BUT i re-read my post and it didnt read like it was supposed to sound it should have read "great(sarcastic), hughesy injured, thats all we need, at least however paul mcveigh may be a revelation as a creative partner for saf.

sorry for any confusion caused, as i like hughes and think he is a real asset to the club.

[quote]ok - out of order allways, BUT i re-read my post and it didnt read like it was supposed to sound it should have read "great(sarcastic), hughesy injured, thats all we need, at least however paul mcveig...[/quote]

My faith is restored.At first i thought god we have had enough injuries thanks for explaining.Now lets go and do the wolves on sat