Just read this in the transfer gossip secion of Football 365:

JOL TO START SELLING ARMY
Tottenham seem to have abandoned their quest to become the first club to have a million players on the books, and look set for a January clear-out, according to The Daily Mirror. Michael Brown is on his way to Rangers, and Robbie Keane to Everton. Andy Reid, Calum Davenport, Grzegorz Rasiak, Johnnie Jackson, Dean Marney, Noe Pamarot, and Sean Davis will also all be up for grabs. Presumably at some sort of car-boot sale.

If we have £2M for Morrison, we''ve certainly got that for Davenport or Reid.

A lot of clubs don''t have the wage bill capacity to add for the sake of adding - I think we''ve as good a chance as anyone IF we look to be moving upwards.
Grzegorz Rasiak would be an interesting prospect.

DD: I''m not sure that Marney has been returned as such, I presumed that he was heading back to Tottenham for medical attention, but that when fit he would continue his loan spell with us, ala Bentley last season... Anyone able to shed some light on this..?

With the prospect of turning into a Tottenham second X1, I would love to see us sign Marney, Davenport and Rasiak (or any combination) in January - whether it''s possible though is another matter...

[quote]I''d love to take either Davis or Brown on loan. Presumably now Marney has gone back this is feasible?[/quote]

He has only gone back for treatment, his loan has not been cancelled.  So it''s not an option.

If I thought that meant we''d get Davenport I''d be over the moon. I hate to imagine what we''ll go back to when he leaves...

some decent players there, but appart from davenport maybe as he is already at the club no others will come to a side with no prospect of promotion, just watch sheffield as they grab players of that quality while we are slumped halfway down the table trying to hang on to our current players

[quote]some decent players there, but appart from davenport maybe as he is already at the club no others will come to a side with no prospect of promotion, just watch sheffield as they grab players of that q...[/quote]

AJ, you really have turned to "The Darkside" haven''t you?  No longer the optimistic poster you used to be.

[quote]DD: I''m not sure that Marney has been returned as such, I presumed that he was heading back to Tottenham for medical attention, but that when fit he would continue his loan spell with us, ala Bentley ...[/quote]

Correct Anderz - he''s still on loan with us and won''t be going anywhere in january unless both clubs agree to cancel the loan.
it''s exactly the same as what happened with bentley last season. hopefully he''ll be out for a little less time than bentley was but it happened around about the same time didn''t it! can''t believe lightning has struck twice like this.

Yeah Marney is still our player, his loan deal hasn''t been cancelled although it probably will be if there is no chance of him being fit before the end of the season. Similar to the Bentley situation last season