Sign in to follow this  
shardy

Loyalty

All those people who are now slagging off worthy and are in the worthy out camp, I hope I never see any of your posts having a go at the lack of loyalty from players, because you''re just as bad. 5 years of happy campers and you''re fine, you bask in the glory of supporting the team that just won the championship and then playing in the premiership, then when times are bad, as they are now, it''s WORTHY OUT I never liked the bloke anyway.

Ok he does make some strange decisions (eg playing charlie in midfield when Jarrett is on bench or not in squad) or to us it may seem strange but he must have a reason whether it''s down to lack of fitness or bad attitude or what ever. Another example is taking Hughes of after 10 mins he hadn''t been treated by the physio or anything but it seemed strange at that time.

What I''m saying is show Worthy some loyalty, he''ll get it right in the end I hope. I think we''ve got a good squad here but something isn''t quite right at the moment and i think it''s the shock of not winning every game like we all expected before the season started, whilst scoring lots of goals. Be honest we all thought it. Now it seems as if we''ve lost all confidence and nothing is going right and the pressure builds up to make it worse. Hopefully with the comedy O/G on tuesday our luck has turned and we can now start to believe again.

Trust Worthy

[quote]All those people who are now slagging off worthy and are in the worthy out camp, I hope I never see any of your posts having a go at the lack of loyalty from players, because you''re just as bad. 5 yea...[/quote]

Shardy

So it''s not allowed to express an opinion that Worthy is getting it wrong then?  Why not, if we are not happy with the level of footballing skill being shown on the pitch why are we not allowed to come on this board and express our views, silly me, I thought that is why this board exists.  Didn''t realise it was the Nigel Worthington fanclub board.

Five years of happy campers?  Well for me personally, it hasn''t been.  We reached the play off final which was great then didn''t do much the next season, we got the equation right next time and were promoted as champions, despite (and yes I am going to criticise) some appalling defending and a few scrappy 1-0 wins.  We then went up and (as predicted by several spokespeople at the club) budgeted for an immediate return to the Championship.  So there you go.  Not exactly five happy years.  I am not including this season as I don''t think one person on here would or could term it happy.

And to be honest, and I expect you can go back through my posts anyway, I have never really "liked" Worthy in the sense of his philosophy on how to play football and his coaching ideals.  Yes, he is a very nice man and has been very polite and friendly to me on the occasions I have spoken to him.  But nice doesn''t necessarily mean successful. We blew our chance in the Premiership.  We were relegated due to a number of things, not least persisting with players who weren''t up to it. 

If I were to mention strange decisions then I would be here forever, but as you have done it for me, I won''t.  Suffice to say, midfield is not a priority for Worthy.  Read into that what you like.

So the reason we are not winning the league at present is due to us, the fans, having become too high in our expectations?  Umm, and of course another reason is that we have all posted ugly rumours about the players on internet message sites.  Of course, it''s not due to simply not having someone in charge who hasn''t done his homework on our opposition, who still plays people out of position, who doesn''t concentrate on ball skills, only work ethic, and who is in (which has just been proved) the safest job in football.

So he will get it right in the end, we all hope.  Oh that''s alright then, we just meekly go along and watch crap football for the next ten years hoping .......  Well not me mate, I want to see football I know this team can achieve.  We have a great young English centre forward who was schooled at the best footballing club in the country and we are ruining him, slowly undoing all the skills he was taught.  Dario must be fuming! Still we can hope he eventually turns into a target man a la Iwan can''t we.  Hope we eventually win and play some decent football.  Hope the board cease to patronise us, hope that one day we see us take to the field and destroy a team, not ourselves.  When, though?

So Shardy, it''s really all my fault, for not liking Worthy, and not having loyalty.  Fine, blame me then, I am the reason, dear poster for the club not being in the top six.  Choose your bullet now and shoot me. 

[quote]Shardy So it''s not allowed to express an opinion that Worthy is getting it wrong then? Why not, if we are not happy with the level of footballing skill being shown on the pitch why are we not allowe...[/quote]

That has to qualify as being the best ending to post ever, well done Gazza!

I think that there is a big difference between expressing an opinion about what is wrong and constantly promoting ''Worthy Out''.

In my PERSONAL opinion, the statistics in the program on Tuesday gave some clue as to what is wrong - we are bottom of the league (and Cardiff are top) in terms of shots converted into goals. If I remember rightly, Norwich have had more shots that Cardiff and only converted about 11% into goals whereas Cardiff have converted about 34%. I believe that Bryan Gunn stated yesterday, that Norwich have had more shots on target do far this season, than they had in 2003-2004.

Now, if the chances were not being made then I could understand that there is some problem with the tactics, but surely it is down to the players (to some extent) if these attempts are not converted. I''m not criticising the strikers (I might add) as I do think that they are trying too hard to score and , as I''ve said before, pulling some of the shots. This typifies what can happen when things are going right for you (or not).

I do not believe that Worthy is a perfect tactician (how many managers are?) but even if you do feel the need to blame Worthy ''because he is the manager'' that does not necessarily mean that he has to go.

Please note that this is just MY opinion and I thought I would record it.

[quote]I think that there is a big difference between expressing an opinion about what is wrong and constantly promoting ''Worthy Out''. In my PERSONAL opinion, the statistics in the program on Tuesday gave s...[/quote]

I too have looked at those stats and we have had more shots at goal than any other team in this league.  It does show we are creating shooting opportunitites but I would be interested to know how many of those shots are from long range and how many are clear cut chances.  From my recollection (I could be wrong) we seem to have been restricted to a lot of hopeful shots from long range.

Being prepared to shoot is different to creating chances.   WLY was encouraged by the crowd to shoot int he first half against Cardiff despite being 35 yrds out, with space to move into and good options either side of him.  He took the crowd option and as the balled tamely bounced through to Alexander was booing for delivering what the crowd wanted.

That situation was never a goal scoring opportunity, yet would have counted in the shot category, as do the numerous long range efforts that we have seen from Ashton ad hux in particular as desperation to score and limited alternative options to score are available.   We are shooting in inappropriate circumstances as we are failing to get enough bodies forward from midfield.

Our chance conversion has been poor - 4 real chances in the game on Tuesday - all in the first half (Hooooze header, Ashton putting JJs cross over,  Ashton 1-1 on the keeper, and Safris quick free kick lead to a free header just outside 6 yrd box that was ballooned tamely over - and none hit the target - but other failing are leading to a misleading statistic that is more about lack of midfield support and limited chance creation that strikers finishing (which does also need to improve).

OTBC