Sign in to follow this  
allways travelling

Rub of the green at last

Somehow I don''t think this lucky victory from a scrappy own goal can be seen as a turning point, a solid performance all over the pitch with a convincing victory on more than a solitary occassion might just lead to the belief we are destined for better things, until that we are still very much a poor team playing badly without belief.

Who knows how we will perform but it could be the start of a run - they all start somewhere. 

Given that our next two home games are Luton & Soton and we have 5 away games in 7 any sustained movement up the table will be hard won indeed and show a turnaround in fortunes and probably enough to net Worthy the manager of the month award!  Its a new month, we are unbeaten, conceeded none and have three points.  Long may that record stay...

Personally I suspect it is part of a one step forward one back cycle that will be enough to keep us no better than mid table. 

OTBC

that''s the thing about luck it tends to balance out over
a season, so if were really just unlucky rather than poor
than it''ll work out. I think the key thing is that it
wasn''t pretty but relieved a whole load of tension and
might allow us to loosen up against wolves. As the results
improve so too should the football and the performances, but
still lets not go off and buy our premier league badges just yet

that''s the thing about luck it tends to balance out over
a season, so if were really just unlucky rather than poor
than it''ll work out. I think the key thing is that it
wasn''t pretty but relieved a whole load of tension and
might allow us to loosen up against wolves. As the results
improve so too should the football and the performances, but
still lets not go off and buy our premier league badges just yet

[quote]What, like the previous three or four turning points?[/quote]

Look you have got to agree with me on this one the goal against cardiff was just a tad lucky so it just could be our turn for some good fortune for a change.

[quote]Look you have got to agree with me on this one the goal against cardiff was just a tad lucky so it just could be our turn for some good fortune for a change.[/quote]

but thats the point, winning was bad for us, as we didnt deserve to win, so we may start to believe we can do this game in game out.

we got simply lucky, thats it nothing more. Worthington hasnt changed or solved anything, we are still playing the same as we have all seasons, its going to be a bouncy castle season......

[quote]but thats the point, winning was bad for us, as we didnt deserve to win, so we may start to believe we can do this game in game out. we got simply lucky, thats it nothing more. Worthington hasnt chan...[/quote]

I have a different angle AJ. To win through a lucky goal - whilst playing below par (as in most games so far) - was a GOOD thing as it will boost the notoriously superstitious football beasts who represent NCFC that Lady Luck may be smiling on them once more. A belief in the Good Luck Fairy seems instilled in most pros (ahem, football pros that is) and a side lacking in confidence will take great heart from an ''undeserved'' win.

The follow on thought from this, is that the team KNOW that they were lucky on Tuesday and will have no illusions as to how much improvement is still required.

Conversely, if we had won easily on Tuesday, complacency may have reappeared, with some players thinking that ''the corner''s been turned'' and other cliches. Wolves tomorrow would have been a rude awakening for these poor creatures and defeat almost a certainty.

Be glad, therefore, for a scrappy, lucky own goal of high comedy value - it could prove to be the ideal tonic for our bunch of underachievers, lacking in self-belief as so many of them appear to be!

Now then, who fancies a pint to calm their nerves?

A goal and injuries to 3 first teamers - hard to see that the luck has turned, more balanced itself out on Tuesday methinks - what we get with 3pts and a flukey goal is cancelled out by lack of players in the next game....

All we can do is hope it really IS a turning point.

OTBC 

[quote]I have a different angle AJ. To win through a lucky goal - whilst playing below par (as in most games so far) - was a GOOD thing as it will boost the notoriously superstitious football beasts who repr...[/quote]

I''m sho'' deshperate choo shee Norwish shwin, I puwwed all my teesh out han putsch shem shunder my pirrow. Jush choo ashk the choof faiwy for shum good forshoon shtill the hend of the sheeshun......shigned Merro (gummy) Yerro! ;~P"    "CHEERSH!"

[quote]Get a grip. tranmere away as if.Have you no faith.[/quote]

Always travelling, no, not much and I like going to Tranmere anyway, they do great chips in the road next to the ground