Sign in to follow this  
Tim Allman

Greeno to be dropped from the England Squad??

This is not a rumour, before I get accused of spreading yet another one, although it might upset Greeno.

Did anyone see the reports that Calamity James will, more than likely, be back in the England squad for the Argentina match, now that Kirkland is injured yet again?

The next squad is due to be announced very soon and it is looking more and more likely that this may well be Greeno’s last selection for a while.

As this is a prestigious fixture I’m sure that Robinson will start the game, but as it’s a friendly Sven should be able to avoid controversy by selecting all the squad as subs, thus not making a choice between the two reserve keepers, although the shirt numbers may give a clue.

When Kirkland is fit again, he’ll be back in, and I’d bet a great deal of money that James will get the nod over Greeno for the third spot in the squad, now that James has served his punishment for admitting he was not ready to play against Denmark.

I really hope I’m wrong, but I don’t think I will be.

[quote]This is not a rumour, before I get accused of spreading yet another one, although it might upset Greeno. Did anyone see the reports that Calamity James will, more than likely, be back in the E...[/quote]

I said the same a while ago.  If James and Kirkland are both fit, Greeno''s best chance of going to Germany in the summer is with Lunn Poly.

Almost inevitable.  Green will only go to Germany as part of the squad if Kirkland is injured  ..... or he signs for a prem team in the winter.

OTBC

[quote]sad to say I think his current form isnt good enough to warrent inclusion[/quote]

You won''t be getting much argument from me on that one.  I never know how much it''s been to do with our shaky defence at times though.  His confidence must have taken a battering last year.  He made more saves than any other keeper in the Premier League but still ended up letting in the most goals.

All i can say is the treatment greeno has taken from that complete dimwit erricson is diabolical.Full credit to greeno  for not publically reacting to the situation.But if he now brings that donkey oap james back in front of greeno i hope he tells erricson what to do with his run by beckham england team.Greeno get the hell out of there they are not worth it.  

Good job if you ask me.

IMO Greeno has never been the same since he started getting into the England squad and I think it''s become a bit of an obsession with him and this has caused his slump in form.

There is no doubt that Greeno is a first class goalie but he''d be better off forgetting about the distraction of the England position, concentrate on the job at hand (keeping goals out of our net), get some form and confidence back and just let things take their natural course.

He''s young and time is on his side.

Besides, if by some chance he got in the England team now when his confidence is low and he failed to perform, it would take a long long time before he got another chance, if ever.

[quote]Almost inevitable. Green will only go to Germany as part of the squad if Kirkland is injured ..... or he signs for a prem team in the winter. OTBC[/quote]

sadly that is exactly the story.

James managed to stay as number 1 during his poor form, and greeno was doing superb but only has made the side once.

So as greeno is low on confidence just like the rest of the team his form is going to reflect that, he hasnt conceeded too many, and many he has conceeded he has had no chance of saving.

Greeno for england..... there stilll is hope, he just needs a slight change in form

Making Plans - I totally agree with your observations. I remember when Greeno was first called up to the England squad, having just mage that blinding double save against Stoke''s Gerry Taggart; he was at the top of his game, but has gradually gone off the boil somewhat since then.