Sign in to follow this  
susie b

Windass

I have just read on Sky Sports News that Dean Windass needs a hernia op and will be missing for about six weeks. I guess that means we won''t be able to see again on Saturday what we missed out on a few years back. Bryan Robson, promoting a book in Manchester this afternoon, said that the match on Saturday against us would be very tough, but he hoped to gradually get their season back on track and get themselves safe. I hope they do, especially when playing our main rivals...but not until after 10/1/04!
In reference to another thread, I have also just read that Jamie Cureton is interesting Bristol City, even though he is currently training with Sunderland. Perhaps Sunderland feel that, although a good player, he is not what they really need at this moment in time. Is he what we need? Indeed, do we need anyone else right now? Any comments please.

With MacKenzie, Sven, Hucks, Hendo and Jarvis the future looks bright without signing Jamie. I guess he''ll always be remembered with some affection here but personally I think he''s yesterdays news.

I still worry about loosing Flem for a month or so which has happened in recent seasons. Shackel''s perfomance in place of Malky was encouraging but he had the steadying influence of FlemKing alongside him. Full backs are covered, midfield has numbers and energy but lacks real creativity (think Hucks gives them an outlet) other than Mr "Burger King" Mullers.

i''d still want a defender first, or even better a utility man who can cover all teh way along the back