Sign in to follow this  
At last?

Garth Crooks

After getting back late from Goodison i set the tape and watched MOTD this morning.

I to was stunned by his comments and i can only assume that he went by the pathetic highlights package that the BBC had put together.

If he had been there he would have seen us dominate for long periods and without some very dodgy officials i believe we would have come away with at the very least a replay.

David Moyes was far more complimentary and was very impressed.

yer sky sports showed the disallowed goal about 20 minuits after the end of the game!! Get with it BBC,how can they leave out key moments like that?! I feel that if we had gone 2-1 up it would have been a very different story in the 2nd half.

I thought it was strange they didn''t show the disallowed goal, whoever edited the highlights is an idiot, it was a major part of the game! If they just shew the goals then fine but it was supposed to be highlights. If the only thing you knew about the game was what shown on the BBC, you would think Everton controlled the game for 90 mins and we were lucky to score.

Ah well, there is a silver lining, Southampton got stuffed so all my mates at work won''t be able to take mick!

Grief from your workmates - my missus is a Blue - you don''t know what you got away with...

It was a pleasure to see so much yellow and green floating around this city yesterday - certainly made me homesick! Shame about the result, but hey, cut out the Roberts penalties and we more than held our own against decent premiership opposition - lets be blunt here, Roberts won''t be defending for us next season if and when we go back to Goodison next season...!

I was very disappointed by the BBC''s comments. The Sky team were extremely complimentary about Norwich throughout the match. I forget who was watching it but he kept saying what a great game it was and how both sides had chances and he highlighted the incorrect offside decision as soon as it happened.

I could not make the game on Saturday but was looking forward to the hightlights on BBC and could not believe the disallowed goal was not shown which normally creates a good talking point on the show especially when so critical to the scoreline and also if it was a close decision. You can bet your bottom dollar that if it was Man U or Arsenal that had that goal disallowed it would have been shown and created a 10 minute discussion. Is this a case of the BBC treating us as minnows so dont deserve a good spin on the show. If so then typical BBC. As for that pompous prat Crooks then he has just left me lost for words. A bloke who only watched those pathetic highlights states we have a lot to do if we get in the prem yet he does not state that for long periods we more than matched Everton and had the disallowed goal been allowed (which by all accounts was a touch and go decision) would have put us 2-1 up and could have changed the whole outlook of the game. It really does make you seath inside when you hear the pompous idiots on the BBC cos as far as they are concerned if you are not a top 6 club then you dont matter. Garth Crooks, Mark Lawrenson - football icons who are well placed to offer criticism arent they.

In addition to my posting just like to add that SKY coverage and impartiality of all teams far outweighs terrestrial channels and long may their bid for football coverage win over other channels. By the way I do not work for Sky but feel their football coverage is absolutely superb and when a team plays well they at least have the balls to say it.

Garth Crooks comments that he thought NCFC would have come out with all guns firing was just poor journalism. I bet he didn''t see the whole game. I remember listening to him on BBC London Radio a few years ago when Arsenal were two up against us at half time and he
was very disparaging against us and said that Arsenal were showing their true
Championship colours. Of course Robins scored a hat-trick for NCFC in the second half and
we went on to beat them! There''s another commentator who doesn''t like us - Alan Brazil - but that''s not surprising is it.

The BBC has always been biased against us for some reason. Everything the Binmen do is reported with affection, everything we do is either not reported, reported in a baised way, or patronised. Sky are far more objective. Whenever the BBC do anything on us I cringe as I can almost write the script myself. This season R5 Live reported every Monthly Manager of the Month yet I heard no mention of Nigel''s first award ( I don''t know about the second).

Maybe we upset them sometime back in time when Dinosaurs walked the earth.

Maybe Mr Crooks was just upset with us for not beating Everton!!! I am married to an Evertonian, and can assure you that the BBC don''t much like them either, so were probably banking on us causing an upset and giving them another reason to have a pop at Everton.

True, the BBC have had something against Norwich for as long as I can remember. Who remembers after we beat Dagenham in the 4th round last year, Mark Lawrenson on that evenings highlights with his "Today you couldn''t tell who was the Conference team"

And what''s with Look East - extended Ipswich coverage, but not for us. Plus they always have Ipswich match highlights at the ready, yet when it comes to Norwich they just show the match result! (Haven''t watched for a while, maybe they do it differently now although I doubt it) Norwich are denied credit for anything on BBC.

Listening to Five Live on Friday afternoon you would have had a completely different impression. Everyone was saying how much they loved Norwich ''difficult not to like them'', ''deserve to back amongst the best'' etc. I don''t think Garth Crooks watched the game properly - I too would have been disappointed if Norwich played like it was made out in the highlights. However, we all know better, and we can comfort oursleves in in the knowlegde that Mr Crooks is not himself highly regarded as a journalist in the BBC. After all, he was a (albeit good) footballer, and you know what they say about them....
I was more disappointed to read some papers going on about the ''ever widening gap between the premiership etc''. I posted something last week saying I hoped we would play well enough to avoid those comments, and I thought we did, but some journos just won''t accept it will they? How they can judge our prospects in the Premiership on 90 minutes of mid-season cup football which is ruined by a referee is beyond me. I hope we go up and ''do an Ipswich'' in the first season and continue doing so. Did anyone read a favourable reprt? The Observer was the only good one I read - ''Norwich will be a welcome addition to the Premiership''. That''s more like it.
Best fans in the world, as Delia said.
OTBC

The plan is now to win the first division with a flourish and make Mr Crooks eat his words next season as we pip Man Utd to the title.

the Times have always been Complimentary to us.... i have no idear why..

i have to say last season i agreed with Lawros comments about the Dagenham game.. we were woeful!!!!...

however Crooks quite clearly didnt watch the game and only saw the 5 or so minutes we got Saturday night...

in the second half i thought we had the measure of play.. and if it wasnt for Ludacrous refereeing i really think we could of either beaten them or nicked a draw...

unlucky on Iwan.. i dont think Either was a penalty...

Crooks said how strikers shouldnt defend.... well find me 1 team that doesnt bring back their tallest striker to counter the threat of an inrushhing center half???? its basci tactical Knowledge,

we werent exactly going to put McVeigh on Stubbs were we?

jas :)

Lost a lot of the small amount of respect that I had for Garth Crooks after his comments... as I guess quite a few other posters on here did too... Silly man!

The journ''os will not go against the ''ever widening gap theory'' because it justifies them giving 20 million words coverage to when prem plays go and sit on the throne while the other three divisions get 2cm square write ups stuffed in any convenient corner of a page.

have to agree with the general feelings on here

BBC Look East has, in my lifetime anyway, always had a bias towards Ipswich - i am really surprised at the MOTD coverage, as i always thought it streets ahead of ITV.

However, recently we got sky and i have to say it is excellent, they showed much more from the cup tie than BBC, who seem to forget their public broadcasting remit at times, not everyone can enjoy the luxury of Sky after all, due to the expense of installation and rental. I will not be watching MOTD when it returns, but will now depend for my football news and coverage from Sky.

As for Garth Crooks, what an absolute tosser. I doubt if he even watched the edited highlights, never mind the game, we know Hansen''s views on our club don''t we, from ten years ago. What have the BBC got against us, too far from London are we?

Thank god for the internet, so all of us can keep up to date on here, especially people living in exile. BBC Five Live, swings a bit, sometimes pro, sometimes couldn''t care less, but at least they are better than MOTD.

"What have the BBC got against us, too far from London are we?"

Well, too far from Liverpool for Lawrenson and Hanson. Too far from Spurs for Garth. Too far from West Ham for "sit-on-the-fence" Trevor Brooking.

Oh well, who cares what they think? Dave Jones once pointed out that the only reason Mark Lawrenson was a pundit was because he was a crap manager. Hanson could have had the Liverpool job but wimped out, and I''m guessing Crooks was never up to the standard! They can criticise all they like - it gives the team a point to prove. Worthy should play Crooks'' analysis to the team just before the match, and that could be his motivational team talk.

It''d work for me...

can i suggest that as a punishment for mr. crooks we buy him a season ticket at portaloo road (maybe when the bombs are inteh area for barcley d + e block)