Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

If you could bring back any former Norwich player....

[quote]I''d love to see Bellamy play for us again but would have to agree Crook is probably the man most needed at present. I''d love to have seen MacDougall play as I''ve heard so much about him from my dad bu...[/quote]

Hey, no so much of "the old boys"

And yes he was as good as we all reckon.

If still playing, he''d be in the Chelski team no problem - he score 40 goals a season in that side.

Darren Eadie for me,

Crook would be a must really, we need our midfield sorted... and now with the injurys....

Crook, Eadie or (just to be different) how about Mark Robins?  Came in just when we needed him, half time sub against Arsenal, 2-0 down, scored 2, set 2 up, took us top of the Prem in the first week the Prem was launched.  Could do with a few goals.

Graham Paddon. Attacking midfielder. Good tackler, strong on the ball, liked to get forward.

Ian Crook. As all have said before.

Chris Sutton. Would be a great partner for Deano and could play centre back when needed (which would be most of the time right now!)

Mark Bowen. Great left back, could take penalties too. Liked to get forward.

Ian Culverhouse. Mr Reliable on the right.

I''d probably go for Sutton if I could only pick one.

Would have to be Disco Dale, I loved that little step over - got them everytime. Closely followed by Darren Eadie, bags of pace and loved the club,

someone has even got him in their avatar and he still hasn''t had a mention...

Gossy! Best midfielder never to play for england they used to say. in his later years at least. and those goals. oh those goals. off the underside of the crossbar from outside the box against leeds still plays over in my head to this day. GET IN!

Paddon and Crook for me, what a central midfield that would be. Passing ability, goals and some of the tastiest tackling you''ll ever see.

Mark .Y.

I could never get that excited about Graham Paddon  and was grateful to see the back of him each time he left the club.  It was the same with Mick Maguire.  Mind you I think I was probably more influenced by my grandfather than I admitted at the time... 

Mind you most of the name mentioned are significantly better than anything we can currently pair with Youssef.

OTBC 

[quote]someone has even got him in their avatar and he still hasn''t had a mention... Gossy! Best midfielder never to play for england they used to say. in his later years at least. and those goals. oh those...[/quote]

Really a1?  Apart from a stunning goal at Leeds and a couple against some German club , how much did Gossy really do in the middle of the park?  I''d pick Crook or Fox over Goss

For me its got to be Dale Gordon and Jon Newsome.

I remember an FA Cup 3rd Round vs Liverpool - Disco was awesome that day - hit the bar a couple of times. Finished 0-0 and we were dumped out at Anfield in the replay as I recall.

Newsome just never seemed to let anyone get past him. He was a rock. Canaries career far too short lived unfortunately (Thank you Robert Chase)!!

i will admit dd, my judgement is definitely blurred by those goals he did score. but they were so awesome, how can you blame me!!

[quote]someone has even got him in their avatar and he still hasn''t had a mention... Gossy! Best midfielder never to play for england they used to say. in his later years at least. and those goals. oh those...[/quote]

Never played for England because he played for Wales...

One the subject in hand , can''t believe there is a debate - this side is crying out for someone with Crooky''s vision and creativity.

chris sutton and ruel fox were a deadly combination.......craig bellamy is without a doubt the most talented to put on the shirt, but ian crook was the complete player in every department and for me the best that we ever had

[quote]chris sutton and ruel fox were a deadly combination.......craig bellamy is without a doubt the most talented to put on the shirt, but ian crook was the complete player in every department and for me t...[/quote]

Sorry and no disrespect beacuse I don''t know how old you are but great though Crook was, if you think he was the greatest midfielder never mind player then you never saw Martin Peters

[quote]Sorry and no disrespect beacuse I don''t know how old you are but great though Crook was, if you think he was the greatest midfielder never mind player then you never saw Martin Peters[/quote]

yes i am old enough (regrettably!) to have seen the great martin peters play many, many times. I just happen to think that peters and crook played in different positions. peters was a sublime attacking midfielder while crook was far more used to being a great ball provider in the same mould as watson and bruce.

its all down to a matter of opinion really and mine is that peters was an all time great footballer but crook was a better instrumental player for our club

[quote]yes i am old enough (regrettably!) to have seen the great martin peters play many, many times. I just happen to think that peters and crook played in different positions. peters was a sublime attackin...[/quote]

Fair comment Rainchester and RESPECT!!!

[quote]yes i am old enough (regrettably!) to have seen the great martin peters play many, many times. I just happen to think that peters and crook played in different positions. peters was a sublime attackin...[/quote]

Second apology.....short term memory gone....that''s very useful at the moment and explains why I rave about Martin Peters.... I meant Rainbowchaser of course.  (Rainchester!!!!)

(Like many other users, my machine does not show poster''s names and I misread yours when toggling back and forth)

in fact id also love to stick dave phillips into our team at the moment, fantastic creative talent, quick and a very solid player, anyone know what happened to him?